• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: High School DxD TV Anime Gets 2nd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timesteel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:42 pm Reply with quote
well this is great news, hopefully it will be at least 24 episodes because the next arc covers 4 vols and the first season only covered 2.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Awesome. The first series was pretty entertaining, so I definitely will take more.
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:37 pm Reply with quote
YYYYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!

Not surprised considering it averaged almost 10,000 copies per volume, which is very good.

Definitely going to be looking forward to this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
tangytangerine

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:25 pm Reply with quote
It was a no-brainer for it to get a 2nd season, considering much material they haven't got to yet including spoiler[Rias and the other actually moving in with Issei & Asia.]

As for the blu-ray tagline, for some reason it's reminding me of Funimation using "Boobies for the win!" tagline for Sekirei.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:26 pm Reply with quote
To be honest, High School DxD definitely deserved a second season. It was one of the better titles for its genre. Maken-Ki! on the other hand needs to just stop. If anything, I'm hoping Freezing has some hopes given that it's on par with DxD if not better.
Blak_Gear

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Man. Ace Attorney 5 localization and now this!? This is the best news day I've seen in a while. Can't wait for the second season as I've just finished the 6th book. I hope they go further than 12/13 episodes. I wanna see spoiler[the "fight" between Issei and Vali] at least.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:46 pm Reply with quote
I approve of this news. Even setting aside the boobs for a second (really quickly, then I'll get back to enjoying them) it did feel like it was trying to go somewhere with its story, so it'll be interesting to see. Just hope the boobs don't get put on the back burner for story development though Razz
FlamingLight

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:56 pm Reply with quote
WOOT! Awesome news indeed. :3
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:17 am Reply with quote
kanechin wrote:
*sigh*, guess I won't see a GiTS Sac 3rd gig or a sequel to The second raid until I'm in my 40's as long as crap like this is the focus. Come on JP, make my day and mention Dakara H 2nd season so I can start "preparations" for "things" of a very violent nature.

Gits is decent, but if we want to get real its not even close to the source materiel. Gits as created by the great Shirow Masamune, is a lot more perverted, something along the lines of tank police or dirty pair; the serious spin taken by the anime is not bad, but I dont think its as good as the original material.

I also want a sequel to second raid, but you seriously cant think Full Metal Panic is on a higher pedestal than dxd? FMP in my opinion is the butt monkey series of mechs, well that and godannar. Hell it has one series that is nothing but joke slice of life episodes (Fumuffo).

So with all due respect dont trash dxd and whine about 2 series, that in all honesty I think even the most die hard of fans gave up on seeing animated long ago.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:41 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
I know many people will see boobs and instantly thinks it sucks, but its actually a pretty damn good show.

That's why we watch MTV! Laughing
CrisGer A.A.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Fantastic news, one of my fav series of this year and it will be fine to see more of the story and the boobs unfold. This is good anime that says what it is clearly and no faking or hiding..and does it very well.

Congrats to Tetsuya Yanagisawa, Takao Yoshioka, and Junji Goto, i hope the new team is at work already!

Not sure how FMP got involved in the thread ..but i do hear there are plans for the rest of the story but not until other things are done. We waited correctly for the ending of Inuyasha so there is justice for those who wait properly.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:24 am Reply with quote
ok, if this gets a second season now that all the BD/DVD volumes have been released, I am waiting for Inu x Boku's second season too. Very Happy
Astara_

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:07 am Reply with quote
the BD release has alot of scenes I can't image funmation selling to an american audience where they'd likely have to give it an NR-17 rating -- double strikes -- portraying demons in a positive light -- and portraying them in a sexy rather unclothed light as well!...

Unless funmation has changed their censoring policy, I don't think funmation will be releasing anything close to the same
BD that's out in Japan... anyone know if they've gotten any better?
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:38 am Reply with quote
Where have you been these past few years? Funimation would have no problem releasing this as long as there's not excessive loli in it.
Astara_

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Where have you been these past few years? Funimation would have no problem releasing this as long as there's not excessive loli in it.

Can you point to an example where they have fan service clearly showing erect nipples many times -- just in the first episode...

haven't watched the whole uncensored version, but Even the dialog in both spoken(if they translated it) and subtitles often is completely different from what was said in the japanese...where you will here swearing (the 7 naughty words you aren't allowed to say on broadcast)...etc... I've yet to buy a funmation where that
stuff hasn't been "cleaned up"...

So... like I said, can you provide an example (a good anime, if I am going to check it out... preferably in 1080p, as it released in Japan...)...

If NOT, then I think you may have misunderstood what I was
trying to say.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6