• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NisiOisin's Nekomonogatari (Black) Anime to Air on TV

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:25 am Reply with quote
Cool now if it isnt just 11eps this time
誤称

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:32 am Reply with quote
Wow, thats a hell of a quote pyramid you built there.

But this is awesome news, nya.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:34 am Reply with quote
Infinite Freedom Machine wrote:
ultimatemegax wrote:
There is no confirmation whether this is part of the "second season" after all and is the first part of it or if that "second season" would air between this event and the premiere of the Kizu movie. That does not mean Kizu would be the next released work, premiering afterwards, or if the project is cancelled, however unlikely that may be. All this announcement says is that Nekomonogatari (Black) will be shown at an event in December prior to it airing on TV. Anything else is speculation.

Ummm... I guess I'll have to repeat myself? This article confirms that Nekomonogatari Black is premiering in 2012. As far as we know, Kizumonogatari is premiering some time after that. Therefore the article confirms the original question. The structure of Nekomonogatari Black and the second season aren't relevant.

Also the article explicitly states that Nekomonogatari Black is the last entry in the first season, and that the second season will start with Nekomonogatari White.

I appreciate you desire to set things straight, Infinite Freedom Machine. But do not try to reason with trolls. I wanted to respond to Fencedude5609, but declined to avoid a pointless discussion.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:36 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:

I appreciate you desire to set things straight, Infinite Freedom Machine. But do not try to reason with trolls. I wanted to respond to Fencedude5609, but declined to avoid a pointless discussion.

You asked what this announcement meant in regards to Kizumonogatari.

This announcement did not even mention Kizumonogatari, and thus does not mean anything regarding it at all.

That you don't like this answer doesn't make me a troll.

Edit: And goddammit people, trim your goddamn quotes.
Infinite Freedom Machine

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:47 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:

This announcement did not even mention Kizumonogatari, and thus does not mean anything regarding it at all.

That isn't what he asked. I didn't think your original response was an attempt at trolling, but misquoting him in an attempt to defend yourself is pretty convincing.
Infinite Freedom Machine

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:48 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:

I don't think I would have responded in the first place had I known it was going to take this long to explain something so simple. But I don't mind, it's quite bearable when no one is flaming anyone.

Last edited by Infinite Freedom Machine on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:53 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:

I rather not have much interaction with you Fencedude5609, but I am just going to say this: I am not calling you a troll because I did not like you answer.

You are a [do not insult other users] to everyone who disagree with your views. I implore Zac Bertschy to ban clowns like Fencedude5609 from this site.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:00 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:

You are a condescending douche to everyone who disagree with your views. I implore Zac Bertschy to ban clowns like Fencedude5609 from this site.

You asked a question, I answered it. You didn't like the answer (or the one ultimatemegax gave, which was essentially identical) so are now calling me a troll as a way of discrediting my statement.

Excuse me if I find that just a tad irritating.
Infinite Freedom Machine

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:

You are a condescending douche to everyone who disagree with your views. I implore Zac Bertschy to ban clowns like Fencedude5609 from this site.

You asked a question, I answered it. You didn't like the answer (or the one ultimatemegax gave, which was essentially identical) so are now calling me a troll as a way of discrediting my statement.

Excuse me if I find that just a tad irritating.

You answered incorrectly and then misquoted him. I've already explained why both your answer and ultimategax's are incorrect. Refer to the previous page so that I don't have to go through the same conversation with you.
kaydub

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
SHAFT doesn't matter. Many anime studio can make great anime off Monogatari books.

I respectfully disagree. Having read the first three novels (Bake-, Nise-, and Kizu-), I think SHAFT was the perfect choice for the Monogatari series, especially with Shinbo at the helm. Other studios may have done a good job, sure, but I don't think any of them could have pulled it off with the same flair that SHAFT did. I think the whole style of the anime fits the novels brilliantly, and plays off of NisiOisin's writing quite well. And we definitely wouldn't have had as much sexy Senjougahara head-tilt if someone else had done it.

Anyways, I'm glad to see confirmation that SHAFT is continuing the series (why not), although I'd really love to see some more information regarding Kizu- since we haven't heard much of anything since it was ambiguously delayed.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:18 pm Reply with quote
more of this is always nice. However, i am really confused about the story order. is the series being animated in the order of when the novels were written, or is it some other random order?
nothing935

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:
SHAFT doesn't matter. Many anime studio can make great anime off Monogatari books.

Yeah, give Bakemonogatari to some random studio and director and see if it still ended up as a 70,000+ seller.

Yeah 70,000+ units per volume in the first week.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:46 pm Reply with quote
nothing935 wrote:

Yeah 70,000+ units per volume in the first week.

...yeah? Thats what I more-or-less said.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3