• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: So, I Can't Play H! episodes 7-12

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:24 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
DxD does not really do anything unique but the fact that it will actually end with a harem ending, at least based on the ln is something semi unique in and of itself. As much as people bitch about it, there are maybe like 3 or less shows that I can't think of that end in harem endings.

But like I said Dakara is not a good comparison to Dxd, Campione is a better comparison. Zounds a red haired girl, clearly dxd invented this troupe, or MC as a pervert.

I would still like an explanation of why Dakara tried to have as little plot and explanation as possible.

because boobs sell more Volumes than plot exposition
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:29 am Reply with quote
well yea since i watch it call it like DxD jr unless if pull reveal aka crossover with IF that happen.

especially give main guy pull a "ONORE DECADE" doing yea two worlds doing indeed this is all decade fault.

series itself it ok sure since f-service anime yea there so dubbing it.
Key

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:35 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
DxD does not really do anything unique but the fact that it will actually end with a harem ending, at least based on the ln is something semi unique in and of itself. As much as people bitch about it, there are maybe like 3 or less shows that I can't think of that end in harem endings.

Um, no, harem endings are quite common in anime, actually.

Quote:
But like I said Dakara is not a good comparison to Dxd, Campione is a better comparison. Zounds a red haired girl, clearly dxd invented this troupe, or MC as a pervert.

Hope you're being sarcastic here. Both of those can be seen in Heaven's Lost Property/Sora no Otoshimono, which predates DxD by a year or two, and the "MC as a pervert" goes back at least to Ataru Moroboshi in Urusei Yatsura, back in the early '80s.

Quote:
I would still like an explanation of why Dakara tried to have as little plot and explanation as possible.

Actually, Dakara has quite a bit more plot than most harem series do, as Risara has established goals from the beginning that involve more than just hanging around with the MC and is working towards that goal every episode. I'll give you that some of the stuff about where exactly the Restoll family stands in the pecking order in Grimwald is vague, but for now I think we know what we need to know about the father.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Parse Error

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Actually, Dakara has quite a bit more plot than most harem series do, as Risara has established goals from the beginning that involve more than just hanging around with the MC and is working towards that goal every episode.

At first, that only seemed to me as though it was an excuse to throw a violently tsundere magical girlfriend between the MC and his childhood friend. However, I did enjoy the direction the story ended up taking, after sticking with it just for the fanservice at first. The main issue I had with the series by the end was that none of the characters were appealing to me.

RyanSaotome wrote:
I hated the 2nd part of the series since Liara had those burn marks on her the whole time which was a real turn off. I guess thats someones fetish but it ruined it for me.

It isn't any fetish of mine, but I did think it was interesting to see lasting injuries for a change.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3