• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Eva 1.0's 1st 8 Minutes, 1st 4 Dubbed Soul Eater Episodes Online

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:00 pm Reply with quote
It could be that time has tarnished my memory of NGE a bit, but apart from the cleaner and sharper colours and images, I see 8 minutes of nothing new there.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:51 pm Reply with quote
mglittlerobin wrote:
As a person who has never watched Evangelion and has no intention of illegally download it or pay $80.00 dollars for it, should I purchase the movie instead?

You should check out the series from the library or rent it via Netflix or some other video outlet. I have major issues with it, but it was highly transformative of the anime world, and it's worth seeing.

saiyajedi wrote:
That said, my preferred ending would be spoiler[Shinji breaking the cycle of Death and Rebirth by waking up on the beach with Asuka, and embracing their destiny to remake the world as the new Adam and Eve. The End of Evangelion is not really an end, you see, but a new beginning]. Or something like that.

I wouldn't mind that ending myself. My biggest problem was that the series+movie ends without spoiler[Shinji ever applying the realizations he's made at the end; it seems too intellectual and shallow. You need to take the lessons you learn and make them part of your life. Potentially recreating the human race using the existential epiphanies from the last two episodes would be a nice ending. It would let the viewer know that not only can you achieve some sort of positive enlightenment about your situation, you can also start to change the world with that enlightenment.]

Mohawk52 wrote:
It could be that time has tarnished my memory of NGE a bit, but apart from the cleaner and sharper colours and images, I see 8 minutes of nothing new there.

There's the sea of blood and weird shape on the mountain, but otherwise, yes, this is pretty much the start of the first episode, maybe sped up slightly, but otherwise the same. Everyone says it changes later on, I'm taking their word for it, but meanwhile this is a rental not a purchase for me.
_V_

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:53 pm Reply with quote
They posted Eva 1.0 in the clips, not Eva 1.01 : they're trying to trick us.

Eva 1.01 has severe darkness problems and they didn't want us to know what it was actually like.

You see, the video posted on this site has minor spelling errors that got fixed in Eva 1.01, proving that its really Eva 1.0 but you're passing it off as Eva 1.0 to trick us into buying the flawed Eva 1.01 release:

Go to 6 minutes 26 seconds, just as Ritsuko walks in the elevator; the elevator display says "EmArgency" with an "A": this was fixed by the Eva 1.01 release, and would *only* be present in Eva 1.0, *not* Eva 1.01.

Observe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YFIAVsMNws&featuret#t=6m24s

I can't believe they'd stoop so low as to try to dupe fans by passing off Eva 1.0 as Eva 1.01.

They're not even bothering to release Eva 1.01 in Britain, they're skipping straight to Eva 1.11
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3