• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dog Days Anime Gets 3rd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:00 pm Reply with quote
@ kanechin:

Not that I don't sympathize with you at all, but you do realize all you did was open a can of worms, right? You're gonna get at least a few guys insult you, another guy shove Japanese anime sales statistics down your throat and every other user quoting you and calling you a troll. Not that I'm calling you a troll mind you, but I just wanted to give you that heads up.

Last edited by Hypeathon on Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:02 pm Reply with quote
kanechin wrote:
no GITS 3rd, no FMP 4th, no new GTO but more crap. Yup, my happy anime world is dead.

Here's a tip: The people involved with those shows are not at all related to the people involved with Dog Days.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:

...Huh, I thought this show had almost no male characters?

There are two significant ones in season 1, a third added in season 2 plus several minor ones (including one voiced by the glorious Wakamoto Norio).

Quote:
Too bad the fujoshi doujins never get scanned.

Ahahaha, you're joking, right? A decent amount of the yaoi/BL stuff not only gets scanned but translated into English. I've personally seen several in which Gaul takes Shinku's stiff, hot manmeat up his ass.
Draneor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:

There's Sink, Gaul, Godwin, Bernard, Callaway, Valeri, Isuka, ... There are more females than males, but there's no shortage of male characters either.
Timeenforceranubis

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:28 pm Reply with quote
kanechin wrote:
......wha......why?...WHY???

frick!!!!

no GITS 3rd, no FMP 4th, no new GTO but more crap. Yup, my happy anime world is dead.

Because the anime industry (Which, according to you is apparently a singular entity, preventing it from creating multiple different products, and not a collection of entities that each create differentiated products independently of one another) should cater only to your tastes. All the time. No one else's taste but yours.

I hope you realize how little sense that makes.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:34 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:

Ahahaha, you're joking, right? A decent amount of the yaoi/BL stuff not only gets scanned but translated into English. I've personally seen several in which Gaul takes Shinku's stiff, hot manmeat up his ass.

dammit, i just had to read that. thank you for those disturbing mental images
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
dragon695 wrote:
Strangely, this series has become somewhat of a hit with fujoshi. I have seen quite a few doujinshi coming out recently featuring fujoshi pleasing elements.

It has shota, I would try out various sites that cater to that fetish.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:
dragon695 wrote:
Strangely, this series has become somewhat of a hit with fujoshi. I have seen quite a few doujinshi coming out recently featuring fujoshi pleasing elements.

It has shota, I would try out various sites that cater to that fetish.

...I must watch this show now.

Quote:

I guess I don't look around enough. Must go watch this show now...
yu3lora

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Yay! Seiyuu Hurray!!!! Anime hyper
Ingraman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:27 pm Reply with quote
kanechin wrote:

You've got a strange collection of "happy anime", if you're putting GitS and FMP! in there. TSR was not happy. I loved GitS and FMP!:TSR, but they're far from "happy".

;p

Why should more GitS and FMP! be produced, when their source materials are pretty much finished (if not long since ended)? That limits the possibilities of production committee members, when they have less to sell, and so makes funding the shows difficult. I'd love to see more (well, more Fumoffu would be a severe waste), but I hardly expect it. As for GTO? I haven't seen any of it and have had no interest in it.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Ingraman wrote:
kanechin wrote:

You've got a strange collection of "happy anime", if you're putting GitS and FMP! in there. TSR was not happy. I loved GitS and FMP!:TSR, but they're far from "happy".

;p

Why should more GitS and FMP! be produced, when their source materials are pretty much finished (if not long since ended)? That limits the possibilities of production committee members, when they have less to sell, and so makes funding the shows difficult. I'd love to see more (well, more Fumoffu would be a severe waste), but I hardly expect it. As for GTO? I haven't seen any of it and have had no interest in it.

Dude learn to read. He is not saying those are happy anime, but that those are the anime he likes, hence they make up his happy anime world. With no continuation that happy world dies. Its not that hard.

Its also an irrlevant point to make regarding the connection to the other shows. He is not trying to make a zero sum gain argument. He is merely pointing out that dog days lacks a lot of substance, and better shows exist that are more deserving of sequels.

Look I like dog days a lot, and I am glad the show is getting season 3. Season 2 was disappointing in that a. nothing happened, and b. Shinku has not really progressed with either Milli or Green Haired dog girl. And hell I would def. buy this on dvd or blu ray. Dog Days is a good show.

But lets not kid ourselves there are at least 10-15 shows that came out within the last year alone that I think are more deserving of sequels, and phi brain is not one of them.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Ingraman wrote:
kanechin wrote:

;p

Dude learn to read. He is not saying those are happy anime, but that those are the anime he likes, hence they make up his happy anime world. With no continuation that happy world dies. Its not that hard.

Its also an irrlevant point to make regarding the connection to the other shows. He is not trying to make a zero sum gain argument. He is merely pointing out that dog days lacks a lot of substance, and better shows exist that are more deserving of sequels.

Look I like dog days a lot, and I am glad the show is getting season 3. Season 2 was disappointing in that a. nothing happened, and b. Shinku has not really progressed with either Milli or Green Haired dog girl. And hell I would def. buy this on dvd or blu ray. Dog Days is a good show.

But lets not kid ourselves there are at least 10-15 shows that came out within the last year alone that I think are more deserving of sequels, and phi brain is not one of them.

<-- I will just as you to look to your left, you see that Certain Magical Index advertisement, just one of many shows that needs a sequel a lot more than Dog Days.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:59 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:

I would not agree with that. Its my 2nd favorite show of the year behind Fate/Zero 2, and thats obviously not getting a sequel... so its my most wanted sequel of the year.

How do you argue what "Deserves" a sequel, though? The most concrete argument is sales, and Dog Days is one of the most successful new anime franchises in terms of sales, so it does deserve a sequel if you look at it like that. But everything else just comes down to opinion... and fan opinion doesn't rule what gets made.
sukochi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Yesterday, I was priveledged enough to go to the event, and have to say WOW! The opening theme song was sung first where the audience turned into the opening sequence literally, with pink glow sticks moving all in motion together (how they all do this perfectly was puzzling yet amazing) then the main cast came out, Miyano-san being pretty much center stage (by the way, Miyano-san is so funny!) Then they played a few games, talk-time etc which also had a few technical errors, and the cast basically had to think on the spot to entertain the crowd, and they did it perfectly! Also rebecca and ku-'s team managed to win a hot spa ticket to any hot spa in japan.....with Rebecca's actress Takahashi, performing a miracle! They all had to push a button as close to 30 seconds as possible, the closer they get, the more points they win, with Takahashi being last, she managed to push it 30,00 seconds! almost impossible but everyone was screaming and cheering, and they won 10000 points.....with previous teams only winning 20 points or 40points LOL.....was funny!
Then finally the ending theme songs and also first seasons theme songs were sung, and then finally just when everyone was about to leave....Takahashi was handed a big red button to push, resulting in the crowd going wild......

Takahashi pushed the button, which made the arena go dark and the Third Seasons trailer being shown........

The trailer was actually a mash-up of the second series, with shinku saying to Miruhi that he will be back for Autumn holidays......

was great fun.....the after party food was good too hehe.....drank a bit too much wine though....bleh....

not sure if 3rd season will be 2013 though.....maybe 2014??
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:30 pm Reply with quote
sukochi wrote:
not sure if 3rd season will be 2013 though.....maybe 2014??

At the end of the 2nd season, Shinku said he would come back in the Fall... and after the 1st season, he said he would come back in Summer and thats when S2 aired. So I'm gonna assume that S3 will be Fall 2013.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4