• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Expo 2005 [2005-07-04]

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ferrarimanf355

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Samuel L. Jackson doing anime? Anime smile + sweatdrop
Am I the only one pumped about that?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Anrui Ukimi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:34 pm Reply with quote
.Sy wrote:
The Dealer's Room looked pretty hectic to me...so many people. Man, I could never go to a convention like that without passing out. Approximately 34,000 people!? Way to many places to be spending money. *drools* I really want to check out that Trinity Blood anime, it looks pretty cool at a glance.

Except for the Bambi and the Pink Gun colsplayer, I have no idea who the other characters are supposed to be. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

"Please keep in mind that this article is over 4.99 years old... it's kinda late to discuss it." Wha-what? Question

Trust me, there was too many places to blow money. I walked out of AX this year $800 poorer. X_x

Poor Tactics. Nobody loves it. Sad

...and I was amused by the 4.99 years old thing too. Very Happy

~Anrui out!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Anrui Ukimi wrote:
Trust me, there was too many places to blow money. I walked out of AX this year $800 poorer. X_x

$800, nice! What did you buy? I could easily spend $800 in a dealers room like that, and not a cent would go towards DVDs. Very Happy

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Wyvern

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:51 pm Reply with quote
I'd just like to point out that The Fuccons/Oh! Mikey is the strangest thing in history. A friend who has an R2 DVD player showed it to me once...it's like...a sitcom from the fifties...but everyone's a mannequin...and...it literally gave me nightmares.

Run away.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:47 pm Reply with quote
For some reason, Something Awful actually liked Oh! Mikey. And they usually hate Japanese pop culture.
ferrarimanf355

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Wyvern wrote:
I'd just like to point out that The Fuccons/Oh! Mikey is the strangest thing in history. A friend who has an R2 DVD player showed it to me once...it's like...a sitcom from the fifties...but everyone's a mannequin...and...it literally gave me nightmares.

Run away.

Shocked Shocked Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Why am I vaugley reminded of Today's Special?
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Oooooooh oooooooh!!! My wish came true!!! Shocked Shocked So ADVfilms is going to release 'The Fuccons'!!!

It's so funny that this happened. I just came accross this show in a past issue of 'Animation Magazine'. The were doing a segment on "odd" shows in Japanese television. Of the shows they looked at were. 'The Cooking Papa', 'I, My, Me, Strawberry Eggs', and 'The Fuccons'.

Basically, 'The Fuccons' took the top spot for the most bizzare show ever aired on Japanese TV. And a long running series at that.

I haven't seen stuff done like this since 'Gerry Anderson's 'Thunderbirds'. But after getting a closer look at 'The Fuccons' it's just plain BIZZARE!!! No better rephrase that. More like, "CREEPY"! So of course I wanted to see an episode just to see how "whacky" this show really is. But in order to do that someone would have to pick it up. And considering the nature of this show, it didn't seem like something anyone would take a chance on. But by some strange change in the "force" someone did. Now people can get a chance to check it out and see if it has a place in someone's heart. Smile
W-General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Although Broccoli is involved in video game production in Japan, Broccoli USA will not produce or localize any video games. They have licensed out the Galaxy Angel game to another US company for localization. The “chose your own adventure” style game will feature subtitles, not an English dub, and they are hoping for it to be released next year.

I'm very glad that Americans who do not understand Japanese will finally get a chance to play this game. I own all 3 Galaxy Angel games, and they're of very high production value - and the gameplay is actually quite fun - think Homeworld. I am also very relieved that they won't dub it - dubbed GA is a horrible idea to me. (I believe this is what that "fan translator wanted" news was about a while ago)

If this ever does come out, I strongly encourage everyone to go check it out.
Captain Crotchspike

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:32 pm Reply with quote
It's funny how one can miss all this stuff by being at Anime Expo unless you go to all the panels. I, for one, was too busy buying toys.
Quote:
The full-series limited edition box set of Zeta Gundam sold well enough to justify releasing the series on individual DVDs as well.

YES THANK YOU I LOVE YOU FOREVER
by the way Mars Daybreak is awesome

Interesting to hear that Eva's finally coming to TV after all these years. I remember discussing the subject in threads on many a message board in years past.

I really like hearing about TAN airing old and/or unknown anime to get them more attention. It's just so nice to hear, even if I...don't get it or anything.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Meep-chan wrote:
v1cious wrote:
those dolls look terrible. they don't resmeble the characters at all.

That doesn't stop me from wanting one really badly Rolling Eyes too bad they're so expensive, or i'd totally order the haruko one.
I almost bought one at ax becouse you got a Medical Mechinca Employee of the Month Cofee cup but for 40 bucks they didn't look good enough for me to drop that much.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Faceman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:30 am Reply with quote
I'm just glad they're finally releasing the next set of YuYu Hakusho box sets. The last one came out almost a year ago. I've been avoiding watching the CN ones, though the dubs aren't as bad as they could be. But the other 3 boxes sitting on my shelf just don't look that great when you realize it's only 1/2 the series.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:30 am Reply with quote
hell i always though of the ANN panel to meet and great people from the forums.
Was late this time oh well,

of course its hard to miss the guy in the skirt.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:46 am Reply with quote
I'm surprised a director for a series like Emma would be into wrestling. Kobayashi must be doing it to pick up chicks.
Zoe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:17 pm Reply with quote
(Re: Sakamoto Maaya concert)

WHY do staff tell people to sit down, they're the ones who should be encouraging people to stand! Mad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4