• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Reveals High School DxD, Future Diary Dub Casts

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Treeborn

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 1:10 am Reply with quote
I would have really preferred Alexis Tipton to voice Yuno, but Brina's great too. She just seems to deep for the role
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 1:20 am Reply with quote
I'm surprised more people arent talking about Yuki's dub voice in Future Diary, I never would have saw that one coming. I honestly expected a female voice actor like... well, Brina, actually. I'm interested to see how that turns out - especially Yuki's more whinier, crying scenes.

Not gonna buy this one, but I'll stream a few eps when Funi uploads them. Gotta hear Minene after all.
yaypepsi

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 2:47 am Reply with quote
Watched the trailer for Future Diary, and the dub just isn't for me, unfortunately. I'll give it a shot once it comes out, since you never know from just a trailer, but I thought Yuno sounded way too flat.

Part of the reason why I ended up liking Yuno so much originally was her voice - adorable but also undeniably crazy. The original VA did a great job with that, imo. She also made a bunch of cute little noises that enhanced the performance. Like for instance, the original "don't worry, Yuno will protect you..." she pauses to give this tiny little gasp and it makes it sound so much more insane and yet cuter. I thought Brina sounded bored here.

Not too crazy about Yuki's voice either, though it grew on me a bit the second watch through. Minene and Deus sounded all right. I'm not trying to be nitpicky - I normally really like dubs, if they're good. I might just love the original too much to be objective. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:43 am Reply with quote
I cant think of any English VA's who are as hamtastic as Norio Wakamoto is. that's always hard role to fill
Raebo101

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:28 am Reply with quote
Eeeeeeeeh~? Weeeeeeeh~. Meeeeeeeeh~. Confused
MadMan400096

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:52 am Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
I can't think of any English VA's who are as hamtastic as Norio Wakamoto is. that's always hard role to fill

I don't really watch a lot of subbed anime (I'm mostly a dub fan), my picks in terms of FUNi voice actors are either Chris Sabat or John Swasey.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
hellsingfan01

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:30 am Reply with quote
hearing the dub for dxd should be interesting to say the least
Blarg Monster

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Based off a short trailer with few examples, I will be accepting the abridged Yuno over this Funi Yuno.
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:38 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
hey, new people for DxD, that should be interesting

true though it could also spell diaster as well.

was kinda susprising on the casting. sure not Panty and Stocking susprised , but susprised nevertheless.

Though the casting for Future Diary defintely have me intrigued.

Though its trailer definitely remindes of Deadman Wonderland. Wouldnt be susprised at all if one or even both High School DxD and Future Diary gets an Adult Swim broadcast.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:34 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
I wonder what it was about Samurai Girls that made everyone use an alias, even people that don't normally use one, like Luci Christian when she was credited as herself in Freezing

I sometimes thing that, if given the option, they just have fun thinking up funny aliases.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Ok, confirmation that Yuma's VA is new via funi's live stream at Akon
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
getchman wrote:
I wonder what it was about Samurai Girls that made everyone use an alias, even people that don't normally use one, like Luci Christian when she was credited as herself in Freezing

I sometimes thing that, if given the option, they just have fun thinking up funny aliases.

When did Samurai Girls got an english dub? From what i know Section 23/Sentai Filmworks only give it an english sub version
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:34 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:

When did Samurai Girls got an english dub? From what i know Section 23/Sentai Filmworks only give it an english sub version

when they released it
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:05 pm Reply with quote
i dont know. i think it was either early or late 2011.

though i am not sure at all.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:08 pm Reply with quote
no, that wasn't a question, i was telling when they released the show in a dual audio format
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4