• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Drawing anime characters.....

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KyLiN

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:19 pm Reply with quote
o.k, here is my drawing, it's not an anime character, ot a real one anyway...
just something that was on my mind lately (looks bad, I know)...
so....
here it is, be nice!!

*Link

please?
don'tlookbehindyou

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:05 am Reply with quote
Humble and talented hard to find in one person. I'd show you bad but I don't have a scanner.
wanirose

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:44 am Reply with quote
KyLin, I really like the wings that you did in that drawing. It isn't as bad as you think it is. As someone always says to me "you aren't as good as you think you are, and you aren't bad as you think you are."

Besides that, i usually jsut end up drawing during class (mainly history). So if you flip through my notebook, you can see just random drawings of eyes (mainly what I draw during class). Then on the weekend I try to draw some characters out of Hana Kimi or Spirited Away. But favorite style of drawing is in Forbidden Dance, so I am always drawing those characters.

Now I am interested to know, what is the hardest thing for everydody to draw?

I personally have the hardest time with the hair. I think that the drawings looks okay before I add hair, but after I add the hair, it usually looks horrible (my friends can agree with that... they have told me so).
jkun17

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:18 pm Reply with quote
I tried for so long to do my own manga. I spent about a year writing a WWII based fiction manga of the London Air Raids about a boy of fighting age and his half sister who evacuate Guernsey Island (a small British island south east of Brittain) before the German occupation only to be caught in the Air Raids. I have about 30 pages (size ten single space) and I've had so much fun writing and developing my characters.

I'm still not done writing but I started drawing... by the time I was done with the first page I realized all sorts of things that I did not know how to do that threw hundreds of obstacles in my way. First was that it too so long just to pencil. Second, inking was eating away at my soul. Once I finished inking I realized I didn't know how to use tones. When I bought a toning program I realized it was just an add-on to Photoshop -- which I didn't have... Once I "found" a copy a Photoshop I realized I didn't know how to use it. So I put away the art and went back to writing. I haven't found anyone with the skill to draw my story for me, and the people who volunteer really can't draw... Just link you wouldn't trust a baby to a med-student, I can't trust my story to someone who really can't do it right.

If I can dig out that one page I did, I'll post it up here.
don'tlookbehindyou

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Wanirose I agree with you. No matter how many times you try it the hair never looks right. I've sometimes erased so much I make a hole in the paper.
DaZ616

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:01 am Reply with quote
Heres the Coloured pic of Naruto I promised you guys from earlier.

From this:
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f153/DaZ616/img017.jpg

To this:
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f153/DaZ616/Narutocolouredfinal.jpg

I used photoshop to colour it in, ( im a noob at it Very Happy )

Enjoy

-DaZ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
KyoKun

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:08 pm Reply with quote
This is an example of my style I tend to draw chibi, I've been practicing for 4 years, I can draw "regular" anime but i love cute things so i can really express myself through chibi-ness, i never look in books on how to do it, i just remember what it may have looked like and therefore get my own style. I really wish i could show more but my scanner is on the fritz, but if anyone wants to see me I will see what i can do.

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3