• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Badass Warrior Princesses

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Um, Di$ney was more than just "inspired" by Tezuka. Rolling Eyes
Evil-Bastard

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:30 am Reply with quote
How about Saya or her sister Diva from the Blood+/Last Vampire series? They're bad ass in the truest nature of the term. Saya can be a true animal at times, butchering everything and everyone around her without much effort. She could perhaps make proverbial mincemeat of the others in this list, just from her potential speed and ferocity. I know, I'm using an alternate meaning of the word "queen", but Saya is considered a queen of her race, as is Diva. I know the term princess might also have a different meaning in this scenario. It might still be applicable, however, because these two are mortal enemies, so the only way for either to take over as true queen is to kill the other and then produce children via giving birth or vampire-style conversions.

And, while I'm exploring alternate meanings to the words "queen" and "princess", how about Lucy from Elfen Lied? She's truly bad ass. She is more or less a queen in waiting, a princess of sorts, able to annihilate all of mankind and replace it with her own race, thus becoming the queen of her race. Until then, while she's butchering everyone around her, she can be considered just one sick little princess.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3