• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds We Without Wings – Under the Innocent Sky

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZakuAce

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:59 pm Reply with quote
And no one cared...
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Why are people getting so upset about a show getting licensed? If you don't like the show here is a genius idea...Don't buy it. So what is Funi is licensing these shows? People will buy them and enjoy them. I for one will be buying it when it comes out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Akawoa

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:02 pm Reply with quote
FUNi can have my money when they stop insulting my intelligence with moeblobbery and fanservice fests >_>. Still waiting for DTB season 2 and a buttload of Geneon re-releases...
Shenl742

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:05 pm Reply with quote
TG72 wrote:
puppy1843e wrote:
I can't say I'm excited for this. I wish funi picked up deadman wonderland or anohana those seem to be popular this season.

AMEN TO THAT!

They're not exactly lacking for fanservice shows. How about a
little variety, Funimation? Thank goodness for Sentai and Nozomi...

You are aware with Funi's aquisition policy? They can't get a DVD release until the whole series is already on DVD in Japan.

Quote:

Why are people getting so upset about a show getting licensed? If you don't like the show here is a genius idea...Don't buy it. So what is Funi is licensing these shows? People will buy them and enjoy them. I for one will be buying it when it comes out.

Exactly. These types of shows seem to sell, so of course Funi, who
need money so they can liscense more high quality, but probably not as mainstream accessable stuff are going to get it.

If you don't like it, then the only thing you can do is vote with your wallet and not get it.

Quote:
FUNi can have my money when they stop insulting my intelligence with moeblobbery and fanservice fests >_>. Still waiting for DTB season 2 and a buttload of Geneon re-releases...

DtB2 is coming later this year according to Charlene's last Anncast.

Geneon titles are still locked in red tape.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Decent series, funny at times and head scratching most of the time, but not one I'd buy to re-watch. Hopefully they'll pick up The World God Only Knows, Hanasaku Iroha or Asobi ni Ikuyo, those I'd buy and watch over and over.
Niyari

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Maybe it's because the license for it was cheap? (I'm not exactly sure how these things work...) Either way, I'm somehow not surprised that there's already multiple pages about this lol
Shenl742

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Niyari wrote:
Maybe it's because the license for it was cheap? (I'm not exactly sure how these things work...) Either way, I'm somehow not surprised that there's already multiple pages about this lol

According to an ANNCast with the Geneon rep a while back, anime series are rarely bought one at a time.

Most of the time, the Japanese companies will offer an "A-title" along with a few lesser "B and C-titles" to sweeten the deal.

It's basically haggling, "We'll give you This and we'll throw in That and Those for a little extra money".

Sometimes, those "extra" titles could end up being a suprise success and make up for the extra money. Sometimes not, and the english company won't face that big of a loss. It's bit of a gamble.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:23 pm Reply with quote
[quote="njprogfan"]Asobi ni Ikuyo/quote]

I really hope someone does pick this up. Who ever got it, it would probably sell well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
NJ_

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Shenl742 wrote:
You are aware with Funi's aquisition policy? They can't get a DVD release until the whole series is already on DVD in Japan.

FUNi's policy? It's the same for everyone else here because of the reverse importation fears from the Japanese studios.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:48 pm Reply with quote
*sigh* FUNimation. As much as I love you, can you do us a favor and RELEASE ALL THE GOOD ANIME?!? Like Natsume Yuujinchou, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, Wandering Son, Aoi Hana, Card Captor Sakura, Haibane Renmei, 07-Ghost, etc.!? Thank goodness you picked up Fractale, but...JEEZ!
Shenl742

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:51 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
*sigh* FUNimation. As much as I love you, can you do us a favor and RELEASE ALL THE GOOD ANIME?!? Like Natsume Yuujinchou, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, Wandering Son, Aoi Hana, Card Captor Sakura, Haibane Renmei, 07-Ghost, etc.!? Thank goodness you picked up Fractale, but...JEEZ!

I'm sure any rep would honestly tell you that liscesing stuff isn't that easy. Funimation can't just call the japanese holders and say "hey we want this!" and holders won't just go "sure! Here you go!"

And that's just for starters...

Last edited by Shenl742 on Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
SaiyanHero16

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Never did see this show, but it's good news for the people who like it. Hopefully I'll have better luck the next time they announce new licenses.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:54 pm Reply with quote
people act like this is all they got remember, funi will be releasing both index and railgun plus fairy tail and shana season 2. they are also releasing new episodes of sgt frog as well as other titles I'm prolly forgetting about. honestly there is alot of good titles coming out that aren't just echi shows.

as for the complaints that they take forever releasing some shows once they license it you gotta remember that they have to do it like that other wise they might lose the license to another company. in my opinion funi is still the best company when looking for english dubs.
Eivion

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:58 pm Reply with quote
I watched the first 7 or so episodes of this one. It wasn't too bad and seemed to actually be building some plot. Still I dropped it because it retained a bit too much of its eroge elements. I'm surprised they picked it up. For shows coming on right now I would have something like Blue Exorcist or Deadman Wonderland would be more in their view.
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Man, people just like to complain and badger don't they. Completely ignoring everything else Funi has been announcing and releasing and focusing on just what they didn't like. Have you forgotten that stuff like Fairy Tail, Shiki, Princess Jellyfish, the Eden movies, etc have also been recently announced? I don't like this show either, but please stop with this tunnel-vision and making blanket-statements that simply aren't true. Also, Sentai's smutty-to-not smutty ratio is, at least, equal with Funi's. They just recently licensed MM for crying out loud. Start looking at the big picture, folks. Sheesh.

Oh, and like I asked on Funi's FB page, I'm curious to know what the crowd reaction was to this announcement. Was anybody there? Twisted Evil
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7