• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3 TV Anime Confirmed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:50 am Reply with quote
AiddonValentine wrote:
about time; hopefully they cut down on a LOT of the villain-of-the-week stuff they did in the manga. Seriously, there's a reason the OVA cut out more than a dozen Stand users.

That stuff was part of what made the manga so good. The chapter with spoiler[Boingo and Hol Horse] had me on the floor Laughing
SSKK6

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:55 am Reply with quote
Man, this is such awesome news to wake up to.

(By the way, does anyone know if the Japanese blu-rays have English subtitles?)
Pokenatic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:01 pm Reply with quote
SSKK6 wrote:

Yes they do.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ulinox

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Fantastic news. Best news in months. Very Happy
azabaro
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:00 pm Reply with quote
SSKK6 wrote:

They do, and the English was fine when I looked at them. ISTR there was some minor drawback to them - I don't know if it's that music industry names were obfuscated (so "Tong Pheti" instead of "Tom Petty", "Streizo" instead of "Straits"), or if the translation was just less bombastic than one might hope for out of Jojo's; perhaps a bit of both.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:34 pm Reply with quote
azabaro wrote:
SSKK6 wrote:

They do, and the English was fine when I looked at them. ISTR there was some minor drawback to them - I don't know if it's that music industry names were obfuscated (so "Tong Pheti" instead of "Tom Petty", "Streizo" instead of "Straits"), or if the translation was just less bombastic than one might hope for out of Jojo's; perhaps a bit of both.

I think Parts 1 & 2 have official romanized spellings for the characters. I know that Wham, ACDC, & Cars are officially spelled "Whammu", "Esidisi", & "Kars", for example. Tong Pheti & Steizo are probably just two more examples of that. Not sure if that really extends into Part 3 & beyond, though, where the music references are even more blatantly obvious, with the exception of Hol Horse (seriously, I wonder how many people know what the reference is).
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:08 pm Reply with quote
AC/DC for the opening theme.

Make it happen. Also prog rock for the ED or barring that, arena rock.
CCharmanderK

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:

I think the OP/ED scheme of the first season will continue: original music in the Japanese language for the OP, cult rock song in English for the ED.
vapwaazu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:39 pm Reply with quote
sakuramusicstar wrote:
Pokenatic wrote:
ZodiacBeast wrote:
Maciste wrote:
Pardon my ignorance, but is the "22/12/13" we can see in the image supposedly the air date?

Wouldn't that be December 22, 2013? I doubt they would start a new TV series right at the end of a season, unless they just aren't following the "season" rule.

It might be the date when they reveal more details about the project or something like that. If that's the case then I hope they surprise us and say that they plan to air it in January.

I'd say this winter season may be a bit too soon for Jojo's part 3 especially if it is more than 26 episodes. Considering that they've only confirmed it now, they'll probably just reveal more info on December 22. Spring 2014 is more likely.

Might be or actually when it's going to come out since we haven't heard anything about Stardust Crusaders until recently. The list for Winter 2013 anime hasn't came out yet so I say we just wait until then. They're going to release more information about it way before the December anyways so let's just see what news we get until then.

I don't have a link on me at the moment, but the OBI attached to Jojolion vol 5 states it's airing next year.

CCharmanderK wrote:
Beatdigga wrote:

I think the OP/ED scheme of the first season will continue: original music in the Japanese language for the OP, cult rock song in English for the ED.

You know it's gonna be Ice Ice Baby Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GintokiThrowsDirtAtYou

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:01 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:

Man that would be badass. We know Jotaro needs some heavy metal theme music. Guy is a strait badass.
I remember jojo part 2 had some ost music that sounded like instrumental versions of classic rock songs. they were never released on the ost cd's tho because they probably intentionaly ripped off the tunes haha. So my guess is Jotaro gets some classic western rock music as theme song and dio gets some gangster music like from classic movies ...scarface or something. pushing to the limit Very Happy
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:41 am Reply with quote
Geez, David Productions gets the rights to Yes' Roundabout and now everyone thinks they have cherry-picking rights to the entire music industry. They don't. There are going to be some roadblocks with certain songs and certain artists. They will get what they will get.
kamui85

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:56 pm Reply with quote
im so happy!!! i discovered jojo with the new anime but when it endend i continued with the ova and now the manga! it has even influenced my drawings and hope they animate it completly!
vapwaazu

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:25 pm Reply with quote
KabaKabaFruit wrote:
Geez, David Productions gets the rights to Yes' Roundabout and now everyone thinks they have cherry-picking rights to the entire music industry. They don't. There are going to be some roadblocks with certain songs and certain artists. They will get what they will get.

If it does end up getting another ED from a Western band, it'll most likely be someone from the Warner Music Group.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:28 pm Reply with quote
WMG, huh?

I'm down for an ED with Megadeth. They also have the rights to Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3