• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Media Named Master Merchandise Licensee for Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
veemonjosh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:58 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
No one's going to buy the new Hunter x Hunter anime after the last one bombed, because everyone preferred to watch it fansubbed.

Yes, giving it a horrible dub and not advertising it at all will do that to an anime.

It's silly to say something "won't sell" when the demand is clearly there from the views that these shows pull on sites like Crunchyroll. By that logic, Kill la Kill and Attack on Titan's western releases should be bombing right now.
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:50 pm Reply with quote
veemon: Kill La Kill might sell, but no one's buying Gurren Lagaan.
NJ_

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:57 pm Reply with quote
veemonjosh wrote:
Yes, giving it a horrible dub and not advertising it at all will do that to an anime.

Also not telling people about the missing second opening & second and third endings was another factor.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:06 pm Reply with quote
just license the damn thing already. I wanna hear more of Matthew Mercer going "ORAORAORAORA!"
AnimenexuS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:27 pm Reply with quote
I'm betting they going license Jojo's. They going wait until @ some big anime con.
CTOONfan1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Mewzard wrote:
CTOONfan1 wrote:
Actually, Phantom Blood takes up three volumes, and they'll be released this month, May, and August. Haven't heard anything about Battle Tendency's release here, though. Figured we wouldn't start getting it until December at the rate they're releasing them.

Digitally, the last volume of Phantom Blood was released this week on Viz's digital site, and Battle Tendency was announced to start in March digitally, though it may be delayed a bit since the last volume of Phantom Blood seemed late getting online.

Ah. I see. I personally like having physical copies of stuff, so I didn't think about that. I knew the volumes were released earlier digitally, too, but I didn't put 2+2 together.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3