• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: My Hero Academia Gets Spinoff Manga, 'Important Announcement' Next Week

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AutoOps007

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:22 am Reply with quote
CallumKeyblade wrote:
Assuming the announcement is an anime, I hope it's a 1 or 2 cour, well paced show and not a super long, super dragged out one like World Trigger's anime.

Only the start of World Trigger was dragged out. It's pacing gets better as the series goes on. And I'd rather an anime paced like World Trigger as opposed to ones like Magi and Seven Deadly Sins where they do like 100 chapters in 24-25 episodes.
AutoOps007

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:23 am Reply with quote
Ushio wrote:
We really aren't going to get anymore long running Shonen Jump anime like One Piece, Naruto or Bleach are we Crying or Very sad

It seems that way. Almost no new long-running anime is being produced anymore unless it's from toei.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Well, "Bleach" is a zombie and "Naruto" is on it's way to the end. I'm sure somebody wants to make the next big Shonen franchise.
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:04 am Reply with quote
Nakurawari wrote:
Ushio wrote:
We really aren't going to get anymore long running Shonen Jump anime like One Piece, Naruto or Bleach are we Crying or Very sad

Why would you want that though? Naruto and Bleach have an absurd amount of filler, and One Piece has serious serious pacing issues. An ongoing anime of this would lead to disaster. Just look at World Trigger right now. Do you really want that to happen to My Hero Academia? I certainly don't.

Yeah, I prefer the 24/26 season approach and then taking a year break for there to be enough for another full season. Like it happen with Bakuman, Haikyu, Kuroko, Nisekoi and most likely with Shokugeki no Soma when it gets a season 2 next year.

I prefer it being that way, better production values and less filler. Also helps those series aren't done by Toei, who loves being cheap and doing long running series. As long Boku no Academia isn't done by Toei it's likely going to be a 24/26 ep series and not a long continuing series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3