• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Macross Delta TV Anime Unveils Teaser, Staff, Characters, Valkyries

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:32 pm Reply with quote
I too am praying these are just early CG models for a teaser and the final versions will have significantly more bump mapping, lighting, and shading applied.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:48 pm Reply with quote
those cgi models are kof14 all over again :/

well, since there are kingdom themes and the music composer has not been confirmed, here's hoping for shikata akiko. she was at wer wrose in crossange and that's still more memorable than most anime of the apst few years.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:19 pm Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
This looks like a mess. Don´t judge a book by the cover and i will watch the first ep but the exceptionaly generic... everything is a red flag.
The teen idol lineup and the bishis suggests that the franchise decided to finaly turn into an add for toys and idols only and the CGI looks inferior to the "good" Frontier at first glance too. Macross 7 was abysmal but it had one of the best anime soundtracks ever so i may at least get that if the show sucks.

Sadly, i have to agree with this. Animation does look bad for CGI. Sure the fighters look fine, but animation....i don't know.

There heavy idol presence in this, like singer types. Macross least try make it part of the series, not overwhelm it. Macross Frontier was fantastically better than this.

I'm not in love with the nobility/Knight thing. They look like overdressed Zeon soldiers from Gundam.

Hopefully the series will be more than superficial look as so far I see here.
Kikaioh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:29 am Reply with quote
Wow, just, wow. Take the most nauseatingly popular otaku elements of today and just twist a classic series to sell, sell, sell.

I hope Macross fades into obscurity. I mean seriously, this trailer made me want to puke.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Zhou-BR wrote:
I was looking forward to this announcement so much, but just about everything about it disappointed me, especially the main staff. Yasuda completely botched Arata the Legend, and I find Nemoto a mediocre writer who really falters when he's working on original works instead of adaptations. And the fact that Kawamori's not getting his usual "supervising director" credit gives me the distinct impression that this will be another Aquarion Logos, or worse.

At least the character animation looks nice, even if the CG doesn't. And no word on who's doing the music?

darkchibi07 wrote:
Man, now I wish Mari Okada was on THIS project instead. She probably has some crazy relationships all mapped out ala Aquarion Evol and/or use some leftover plot elements she wasn't able to use in AKB0048.

I was fervently hoping she'd be this show's head writer, but I lost hope once they announced she'd be working on Gundam IBO and Kiznaiver.

well there is a reason why she isnt and its all due to aquarion evol i'm afraid.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bishop76

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Definitely jazzed about this. Can't wait to get back into that Macross world and this series looks perfectly Macrossy.

Looking forward to learning about the aerial knights and what Vaal Syndrome is and I'm really excited to hear some music. The Walkure tactical sound force is a fun extension of the Jamming Birds as well.

December can't get here fast enough.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:02 pm Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
well there is a reason why she isnt and its all due to aquarion evol i'm afraid.

What do you mean? After Aquarion Evol, Okada collaborated with Kawamori and Satelight on AKB0048 and M3.
Actar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:54 am Reply with quote
Kikaioh wrote:
I hope Macross fades into obscurity. I mean seriously, this trailer made me want to puke.

You make it sound like the Macross franchise is supposed to pander to you and your ideals alone.
manapear

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:53 pm Reply with quote
H. Guderian wrote:

If you disliked Frontier, retry the Frontier movies. Its not just a copy-paste of the series, but a retelling with a lot of junk cut out. In fact things go in a different direction, as in who lives and dies. I was not entirely happy with Frontier as a series, but Isamu cameos for a second in the Frontier movies. The character name is in the voice credits.

As to Delta, I'm hyped. Idols In Space seems to be a thing Satelite does well. However I'm not looking forward to the combat. The franchise ameks the mechs too fast/streamlined to be any interest to watch. They're gonna fly around and transform faster than I can comprehend and then fire off a bunch of weapons, an obligatory Itano Circus, and then end just as fast.

Oh, okay, thanks! I was interested in them, but uncertain if I wanted to go through Frontier again. There were actually a lot of moments I loved, and I think the show had a lot of potential, but the writing dropped so many moments for the sake of melodrama or trying too hard. I'll give the movies a shot; even if they don't fix what I disliked, it'll be shorter and with less to ruin, lol.

I used to like idols in space w/Satelight, but I think AKB killed that for me, though Basquash did a borderline job. (Loved Basquash, but it also did a lot of stupid mess.)

I feel like the only thing I can say with certainty about Satelight anime anymore are that I'll be entertained, but whether or not I'll be annoyed/pissed off enough to drop in episode one, or down the line is the question.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3