• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Luck & Logic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:32 am Reply with quote
It must be my lucky week, because for the second time in a few days I get to say "Called it from Ep 1!" See comment 2/1 about the Lucifer/Olga combo my logic said was coming, I guess Ms. Orsini's logic has been lacking all around. When Ms. Shinobu arrived, who's name means "to hide" and has been synonymous with a ninja in training (see what Naruto has taught me?) it was too much of a clue not to notice and so no surprise she is a Lucifer fangirl and a betrayer. And it seems a bit much to say it "isn't a sitcom anymore", as it was obviously not meant to be one from the beginning, though the first couple of episodes were badly done enough to be funny. In addition, I think the other characters are nowhere near shallow (Ok, maybe Chloe is a little), just underdeveloped. Certainly not Yoshichika as it takes a lot of depth to try to keep someone like Olga included in the team and honestly agreeing with Olga's vain dream of surpassing them all.

My logic tells me that we can expect Lucifer/Olga to mirror Yoshichika's problem with the Overtrance and that Yoshichika talks him down and releases Olga from the yaoi cluches of Lucifer, who is subsequently banished. Olga becomes a better and humbler person as a result and maybe gets set up with a cute Goddess as Covenenter like Nemesis, assuming Veronica becomes finally too old to trance. I think it is entertaining enough and interesting enough to see where all this goes.
Sevokevo Royuki

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:56 am Reply with quote
I could of sworn I saw in a article that this series is continuing into this next season...

So It might not be ending this season.

Or am I wrong?
kgw

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:21 pm Reply with quote
It can be, but it looks/looked a one-season series from the first minute.

EDIT:
According to shoboi website... L&L runs from January, 2016 to march 2016,

Last edited by kgw on Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Well, at the very least, I will have one less show to watch whenever season 2 airs..
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Sevokevo Royuki wrote:
I could of sworn I saw in a article that this series is continuing into this next season...

So It might not be ending this season.

Or am I wrong?
My logic tells me you are not wrong! Below is the link. Yay~~Also, Ms. Orsini is one again missing the mark as better stand-ins for the word "logic" are "intuition" and "way of thinking", so the concept is consistent with the meaning set out in Ep1 and the traditional meaning of the word depending on context.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-03-26/luck-and-logic-gets-new-anime-series/.100283
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:48 pm Reply with quote
I believe, as I said earlier in the season (the preview guide I think), the second definition of logic, namely "a particular method of reasoning or argumentation" applies in most of the instances, which is not far from @Hiroki not Takuya's "way of thinking". The show admittedly does stretch the word a bit though.

The second season won't be an automatic watch for me, but I'll consider it though, perhaps for...baser reasons.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3