• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cardcaptor Sakura Gets 'New Project' to Celebrate Manga's 20th Anniversary

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:02 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Holy shit, possibly revamp? Wow...I can't wait to see what this will be about.

probably a remake of the series where its more faithful towards the manga. if SM and FMA can do it, i can really seeing CCS doing the same thing since their the main staple of the magical girl series and what the genre was one like before the constant string of magical girl series completely overrunned with the whole loli / yuri fanservice monologue that started with nanoha,then madoka magica and now it seems that fate/kaleid prisma illya have joined in the fanservice game all in the name to become popular within the otaku community.

Quote:
Discotek licensed Cardcaptor Sakura: The Movie, which was previously owned by Geneon, in 2013 and released it on home video the following year. Geneon released Cardcaptor Sakura: The Sealed Card on DVD in 2003 with a new dub cast.

and that was done because the TV series got completely annihilated by nelvana . so much so that geneon did a sub only version of the series. so while NISA have released it in english dub, unfortunately for most of us , its the animax asia version which is just as bad. hopefully if there is plans of a new CCS TV series,there will be none of that BS for it cause the last thing it needs is to get the smile precure treatment and get americanized in and effort to market it to kids again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EricJ2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:29 am Reply with quote
phoenixalia wrote:
This is also Toei property right? Anime remake?
*looks at Sailor Moon Crystal and Digimon tri.*

Ahahahaha how about no.

I'm also looking with nervous glances at Sailor Moon Crystal, and Toei believing that ANY property can be 20th-Anniversary remade (and marketed, as we've seen a recent flood of CCS fashion and tchotchkes) in exactly the same way to the same nostalgia audience, on demand.

And Sailor Moon Crystal must not happen again Shocked but hey, at least we already got the CCS disks back in print, so we're safe in case anything does happen.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:21 pm Reply with quote
grooven wrote:
I think I can imagine either an OVA, movie, or reboot.

Or an animated music video. Remember when CLAMP had a couple of those back then with CLAMP in Wonderland, X, and Clover? Yeah, it's best to keep in low expectations.
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:36 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
Ali07 wrote:
Now, can someone please license the 2nd more in the west? It's the only thing missing right now, and the lack of availability of that movie on disc is why I've not watched the anime, as I want to buy the NISA sets and Discotek's release of the first movie...

Well we might be in luck because Madman in Australia announced this week that they licensed that movie and that it will be released on DVD in May so hopefully this leads to Discotek licensing it over here soon.

Holy shizzzzzz.....time for Madman to take more of my money! Laughing

I get emails from Madman, but haven't gotten one this week. Probably why I didn't know about this.

Downside is, Madman no longer have the 2nd Uncut collection available for sale on their website...may just have to buy that one from another store or just get the NISA release for the TV series anyway, as Madman's uncut release is sub only.
Covnam

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm, you have my attention.

I doubt, though wouldn't be opposed to a more compact reboot that more closely follows the manga, but the original is still great, so it's not really necessary.

A OVA would be nice to see though.
kurosyamito

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:53 pm Reply with quote
phoenixalia wrote:
This is also Toei property right? Anime remake?
*looks at Sailor Moon Crystal and Digimon tri.*

Ahahahaha how about no.

err...why are you looking at Digimon Tri?
It is not a remake, tho.

Nevertheless, I really hope a special episode or something. Would be great to have CSS characters meeting XXXHolic and Tsubasa characters. Smile
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:08 am Reply with quote
If they did make a new anime version and it was dubbed, I wonder if people would favor hearing the Ocean version of Sakura or Monica Rial. At least with the Ocean version, they actually got a (then) 10-year-old girl to play Sakura. It's not that often you actually have a voice actor or actress playing a character their age.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3