• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gintama Manga Gets New TV Anime Series

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemnist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:37 am Reply with quote
Dylan21 wrote:
Not unexpected but still amazing news. Really miss watching Gintama weekly.

Gemnist wrote:
Well, this is no surprise; they had to get one in before the manga ended. I'm just wanting to see the English dub - it better be absolutely fantastic.

English dub would never work for Gintama and I highly doubt the TV series would ever get one. So many jokes would not make sense anymore or just sound cringe worthy for the dub. There are a lot of jokes that use a play on words in the Japanese language (such as Kintama and Gintama). Plus the Japenese VAs in Gintama is probably the best VAs performance there is.

Well, elitist opinions aside, did you not hear the news? Crunchyroll is starting to make dubs, and Gintama was one of the series they announced was going to get one.
SnowyLightning44

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:44 am Reply with quote
Wow, I was expecting this but not so soon so that's great news, hope it's out for spring/summer 2017
Ismail Ghedamsi-filion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:02 am Reply with quote
Not really a surpise.
Funny how many people though it will not returning not in this site but in other ones.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:25 am Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
Well, this is no surprise; they had to get one in before the manga ended. I'm just wanting to see the English dub - it better be absolutely fantastic.
I hope Chris Patton voices Gin again, it may not of been a good dub, but some of the voice cast matched their characters, and I think his was the best. Luci Christian did a ok job, and in a better dub I think would of been great. Shimpachi sounded terrible, but that may of been down to the voice being to close to the original.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:51 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Gemnist wrote:
I hope Chris Patton voices Gin again, it may not of been a good dub, but some of the voice cast matched their characters, and I think his was the best. Luci Christian did a ok job, and in a better dub I think would of been great. Shimpachi sounded terrible, but that may of been down to the voice being to close to the original.

I've heard that Canada made an English dub of the series at some point. I have no idea what it sounds like, mainly because I can't find it anywhere, but some people were speculating that fast would do a new dub when the dub was first announced. They could maybe use that if it has great (not good, great) quality. Beyond that, I doubt they were reach out to Sentai to do the dub, so you don't have to worry about Mark Laskowski returning. I hope the cast has both Texan and Californian talent, potentially paving the way for Chris and Luci to return.
Ulinox

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:13 am Reply with quote
Great news. Can't wait for more Gintama. A real shame it's ending soon.
TrueZangetsu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:33 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Gemnist wrote:

Hi I'm a zebra neuro and just Wand to be ridin' on hitlers D. That's why it's called lord of D. Wink
tsvkkis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:15 pm Reply with quote
this is the best news of 2016
theNightster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:38 pm Reply with quote
TheRahi00 wrote:
theNightster wrote:
WANNFH wrote:
Kon'Doriano wrote:
TrueZangetsu wrote:
This is the best news to wake up to. We'll it would be even better if bleach made a return but I stopped really getting my hopes up.

Why must WSJ always give Bleach the unfair treatment? Anime cry
Because Kubo deserved that treatment long ago, that's why. Very Happy
Although the most likely it simply because the anime done by Pierrot, which relies too heavily on the dotations with the WSJ stuff.
no Kubo didn't deserve it, and opinions about series is besides the point. god the Bleach haters are so much worse then fanboys these days Rolling Eyes

It's funny how some people like to close their eyes, blame the evil evil Jump who have no other motive than giving Kubo an unfair treatment. Yeah right. Jump is the first company who would try to milk a series as much as they can, but after being last in the rankings for months/years, dropping in sales, dropping in popularity, every company with a brain wouldn't give this series an anime. Not to mention that it's not even one season of 12-13 episodes but probably over 100 episodes which is extremely risky.
he still got his last arc cut short not saying "Jump is evil lets boycott jump, (I actually enjoy Red Sprite and hope it does well) I don't see how another Bleach anime is risky, the manga was still selling decently, they could easily make it short like they Inuyasha and cut out of some stuff for a 26 episode sequel. (Maybe flesh the mediocre ending out some more.) even Gintama made fun of the situation
Midaro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:04 pm Reply with quote
I just LOVE Gintama.
Jon Frey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait so excited Very Happy
COREY2293

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:54 pm Reply with quote
I am so happy! i was so close to start reading the manga but with this news i wont need to. Gintama is one of those that i always see love for but it still seems one of the least popular shonen stories. Must be huge in japan.

I cant believe this is going to be the end.
MugenSetsuna

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Great, great, news that it is being completed this soon. It's going to be hard going without the unique humor of the series and the crazy adventures when the story finally ends. I know that Sorachi won't let his talent end here, though. Here's to also hoping the VAs continue through and maybe even onto his next series (still trying not to think about Gintama ending). I can also say it was my favorite comedy manga to read... despite the few hits of emotional storyline presence.
razberry_yum

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:57 pm Reply with quote
I just wanted to say: YAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:02 am Reply with quote
Congrats for the franchise's fans. While I don't follow the series, I would have figured that a collective 325 episodes would have covered a bulk of the series by now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4