• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Holiday Logo Contest Winner

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EmDiPi_Micke

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:26 am Reply with quote
Wolverine Princess wrote:
They could be a bit bigger and still look natural. She looks to be only about a B-cup or so right now, so it wouldn't be terribly perverse to boobify her a bit more.

Seriously, bigger isn't better, not always. Like every famous girl in Sweden makes their boobs larger - a lot larger. Often from C/B up to like D+ - which is seriously wrong. Enjoy your body no matter what! (And no, I'm not a jealous girl Razz I'm a boy actually. No, a man.)

B-cup is a good, normal and sexy size.

But if this was somekind of "w00t sexy lolicon contest!!!111!" I would've agreed with you.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:23 am Reply with quote
RezSav wrote:
I see I see, I get the picture, so when Holidayz '07 rolls around all I need do is draw the ANN mascot with cleavage and thats that, automatic Epic Win.

Look at last year's winner.

-t
Super Ska Master

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:38 am Reply with quote
Everybody stop talking about her boobs. She's not even real. Get lives.
irishninja

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:12 pm Reply with quote
It looks great! Well done! Smile

It really looks like it was done by a pro. Very high quality. Smile
FlamingPinecone

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:45 pm Reply with quote
CloverKuroba wrote:
rabble wrote:
Needs bigger boobies.

...That was a really rude and immature comment. :?

True, but technically he is correct, Jadress is usually more well endowed but none the less our holiday Jadress is alot cuter than last years model, congrats to the winner.

if ever you find that selecting a thinpak is too much, please allow me to assist by taking the burden off your hands, say, let me have one?

ah ha

fawhooosh!
rabble

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
CloverKuroba wrote:
rabble wrote:
Needs bigger boobies.

...That was a really rude and immature comment. Confused

I concur, very unnecessary.

perv... Rolling Eyes

I could care less what you think. I'm not into scoring points on a PC card in the hopes that the chicks will think I'm a sensitve guy, and if you don't like it, find some other neutered soul like yourself that gives a crap.
FlamingPinecone

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:26 pm Reply with quote
rabble i was with ya but c'mon man, chill.

i like our jadress, it's cute and sexy without going to faye valentine lengths to prove it. the color technique looks like a fairly well done manga cover and the speckles of white really give it a "cold out in the snow" look. it cleverly avoids twinning the facial features like most 'anime' drawings do.

good work, A

fawhooosh!
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Super Ska Master wrote:
Everybody stop talking about her boobs. She's not even real. Get lives.

Exactly, but for the record, not everyone has large breasts in real life, so why should every drawing of a woman have large breasts, according to a few people here?

Anyway, I never knew that mascot had a name...Where did Jadress come from? On top of that, where can I see previous versions of this *Jadress*?

EDIT: Let me clarify "Where did Jadress come from?" I meant, "Where did the name Jadress come from?" But looking back, it would be cool to know the origins, too.

EDIT EDIT: Let me clarify "But looking back, it would be cool to know the origins, too." I meant, "But looking back, it would be cool to know the origins of the mascot itself, too." Also looking back, it would be cool if I read over what I type before I hit submit.
Elchfaenger

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:01 pm Reply with quote
C&P from the FAQ:
Who is the blond haired mascot?
Her name is Jadress. She was created by Robin “Ra-chan” Sevakis. Jadress was an integral part of the site when it was first launched in 1998, but she disappeared after a while. We recently decided to bring her back.
jgreen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:06 pm Reply with quote
It's really a shame that ANN cropped the picture where they did....you can't see her antlers! She's got little reindeer antlers in the full pic that really complete the Xmas vibe, if you ask me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Richard J.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:41 pm Reply with quote
jgreen wrote:
It's really a shame that ANN cropped the picture where they did....you can't see her antlers! She's got little reindeer antlers in the full pic that really complete the Xmas vibe, if you ask me.
Oh that is just too cute! I love those antlers, perfect for Christmas! (I can see why ANN cropped the picture due to size constraints but those antlers are just so kawaii!)

About the whole "bust size" debate, personally I think this version of our beloved ANN mascot looks ten times better than previous versions. The smaller breasts suit her more IMVHO, they make her seem less like a typical "fantasy babe" and more like a unique character.

Out of curiousity, as ANN ever thought about mascot merchandising or having a writer do an ongoing serial of Jadress's adventures?
Cloe

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Wow, great job! A well-deserved win and such a cute little Jadress! Congrats!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
JackBassV

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Congrats.

As for the Boobs, they could have been a little bigger, but it doesn't really matter - She's really cute.

An is she really an Elf? She looks more like one of the demons (Nerine) from Shuffle.

JBV^_^

Merry Christmas to all at ANN
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:32 am Reply with quote
Your stuff is indeed good, and I agree that you have a good chance of using your skills professionally. Although there are plenty of good artist at Deviantart your style is so convincingly shojo. Your picture of Hide made me smile since I too own all the X and Hide albums. Oddly enough (like many fans) I never new his last name!
EmDiPi_Micke

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:33 am Reply with quote
JackBassV wrote:
As for the Boobs, they could have been a little bigger, but it doesn't really matter - She's really cute.

I agree with all the other who says that it's almost pathetic to talk about her boobs, since she's not real. Think a little: will big boobs improve the image? In my opinion, the image wouldn't improve at all - since she wouldn't be natural.

The picture is almost perfect, so stop complaining. (It's only almost because she is too thin, is she anorectic or what?)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4