• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Re:Zero Anime's Video Reveals 2nd TV Anime Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:03 am Reply with quote
Xiximaro wrote:
Ah ah I bet that the first few seconds of the 1st episode of season 2 are gonna be lengendary xD

It’s definitely gonna cause an uproar at least. If it starts from exactly where it left off light novel wise, ho-ho, I can already picture the look on the non-readers faces when “that” is said. Viewers will tune in, Subaru lays it down with Emilia on how it’s gonna go down from now on “so listen, you, me, plus ‘she’ makes 3,” then BAM! Oh please let it go that way, please!

Last edited by LiteMangime on Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Sabison

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:30 am Reply with quote
Yay!! Finally I was beginning to think only movies were coming out.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:13 am Reply with quote
I would say anyone not wanting to be spoiled about this should just stop reading any forum discussions or comments about it until the series premieres, as it seems inevitable. It only takes one person in one place to act before a moderator can take action.
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:01 pm Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
I would say anyone not wanting to be spoiled about this should just stop reading any forum discussions or comments about it until the series premieres, as it seems inevitable. It only takes one person in one place to act before a moderator can take action.

What he said.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:47 pm Reply with quote
hmn i think i know what some people are alluding to... or it might be something else, either way, guess I'll just have to completely stay clear of spoilers now that s2 has officially been announced.
That trailer looked some damn good. It's such a simple scene but anyone who knows the series can understand just how [expletive] dramatic it is. The way starts walking so awkwardly on the green plains was a great start.
I doubt that person under the umbrella is Satella or whoever gave subaru his return from death. My guess is that she's a 3rd party, maybe another witch with ties to Satella or Emilia? Only reason I think that is because when Subaru was walking I'm pretty sure the corpse next to Rem at 0:55 was Emilia and Return by death was designed(theorised) to keep Emilia alive. If she's dead in a timeline I highly doubt Satella would be around much less nonchalantly sipping tea.
TdFern 87

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
YES YES YES!!!

Finally they got enough new volumes to craft a new 25+ episode TV season (right now the light novel vol 18 has been shipped, and last season covered up to volume 9 and half)

In case of people keep asking: WHERE is my best girl Rem in the key visual, well, let's just say this without ruining the fun: spoiler[we are NOT supposed to see her active AT ALL this season due to plot reasons]

This season is all about further developing Subaru and Emilia though

I don't know if season 2 will be 25 episodes in my opinion, it be at best 14 episodes. Since they are only covering one arc.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Great news. Hopefully the two OVAs get a home video release before the new season starts since they seem like required viewing first
jdnation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Sweet! I'm hyped up to see where the story goes from here!
Chaos Wings

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:25 pm Reply with quote
YES!!! THE BEST news of the year, what a time to be alive!

It was inevitably going to happen but damn they kept us hanging, I was getting real thirsty over here. Very Happy
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
Great news. Hopefully the two OVAs get a home video release before the new season starts since they seem like required viewing first

Unless you mean in Japan, that seems unlikely, since the second OVA isn't due until this fall. The first OVA was last fall, and we haven't seen any sign of it..

Given that we have a preview, the second series could be as soon as this fall, but even if it were winter or spring 2020, I wouldn't expect the 2nd OVA to be available stateside by then.

The good news is that neither seems to be required viewing. The first was a side story that apparently was set during the time frame of the first series. The second is essentially a prequel, that tells the tell of how Emilia and Puck first met. The second one will probably have more useful info, but not likely to be essential.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Cool. I expected a season 2 to happen, but it is nice to see the confirmation. I also hope the OVA's are released in R1.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:15 am Reply with quote
LiteMangime wrote:
Xiximaro wrote:
Ah ah I bet that the first few seconds of the 1st episode of season 2 are gonna be lengendary xD

It’s definitely gonna cause an uproar at least. If it starts from exactly where it left off light novel wise, ho-ho, I can already picture the look on the non-readers faces when “that” is said. Viewers will tune in, Subaru lays it down with Emilia on how it’s gonna go down from now on “so listen, you, me, plus ‘she’ makes 3,” then BAM! Oh please let it go that way, please!
You want to see a threesome? So do I Twisted Evil Anyway, can we not make artificial distinctions to gain status? If anything, I almost feel sorry for those who "read ahead" because you won't be surprised but I'll be thrilled to be surprised at whatever "that" is (unless "that" is something lame). After so long, it'll be good to get down to putting the hurt on Satella...
Ali07

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:34 am Reply with quote
Wow, 2019 is really giving me what I want. First OreGairu and now more Re:Zero. Only way things can get better is if more Full Metal Panic is announced...
Juno016

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:40 am Reply with quote
Luke's Yu-Gi-Oh! Channel wrote:
WOW!

I guess that must be Satella.

This should be fantastic to watch.

For a minor spoiler (since she appears early on), she's spoiler[Echidna, the witch of greed.] I won't explain how Subaru is meeting her, but soon afterward, spoiler[she summons all the other witches, minus Satella, to greet Subaru in a multitude of fun ways.] It may be an early scene, but it's one of my favorite scenes from the entire arc.

Btw, people are freaking out over the parted sea of corpses, thinking "Why is everyone dead!?" but I'm pretty sure it's metaphorical. They weren't in the novel scene, as far as I can remember.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Finally
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4