• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Re:ZERO TV Anime's 2nd Season Delayed to July

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrypticPurpose

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Goddammit you stupid virus, I warned you to leave my animes alone - this means war!
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Qulex wrote:
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
... I believe more likely is that the virus scare has allowed teams to blame delays they would like to have made anyway on the virus with the likelihood that others would accept that without fuss at the moment....
Someone isn't familiar with ReZero's healthy production schedule. Yes, it's one of those rare cases where the staff has had plenty of time. This second season was actually greenlit before any of the preceding OVAs were even announced.
Thank you for making my case for me! I was trying to give benefit of the doubt on the side for needing a delay but if the production has been well underway for some months, then the need for a three-month delay is even less supportable because of travel restrictions, etc unless a certain person wants to push that they purposely left a lot of things to the last minute and got caught by virus-related delays anyway. At least they should have plenty of time like Mr. Tarkus said to get everything "just right". I can wait... Cool
Probablytomorrow

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:25 am Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
Thank you for making my case for me! I was trying to give benefit of the doubt on the side for needing a delay but if the production has been well underway for some months, then the need for a three-month delay is even less supportable because of travel restrictions, etc unless a certain person wants to push that they purposely left a lot of things to the last minute and got caught by virus-related delays anyway.

You shouldn't be calling the staff lazy. It's insensitive in multiple ways.
timber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:41 am Reply with quote
Regarding the director's cut of season 1, ok the episodes are 2 episodes grouped in a single one, but new footage! I can't remember anything new in the episodes that aired so far.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:49 am Reply with quote
Probablytomorrow wrote:
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
.. unless a certain person wants to push that they purposely left a lot of things to the last minute and got caught by virus-related delays anyway.
You shouldn't be calling the staff lazy. It's insensitive in multiple ways.
I never did, don't know how you got that, just stating what a certain poster who commented earlier might say to support the case in their post that the delay was impossible to have not happened "because virus". I was proposing that if the show staff wanted to have more time to do things as production schedules are typically cramped, delaying "because virus" would not be questioned at the moment whether absolutely necessary or not.

That isn't accusing of laziness, not saying public reactions to the virus aren't causing delays, just that if Re:Zero production has been going well for months (maybe ahead of schedule) then they may be taking advantage of the current scare to do more or get a breather without really asking for one and without risking enraging fans. There will no doubt be many productions delayed this year "because virus" that really need the extra time.
Probablytomorrow

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:06 pm Reply with quote
So you're calling the staff fakers? I fail to see how that's more respectful.
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:21 pm Reply with quote
I suspect this is just an excuse to work on the show longer. I'm not saying the Coronavirus isn't an issue, but 3 months? Not buying it.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Three months is a necessary requirement.

If they foresee that production is going to be delayed due to virus concerns, then it makes complete sense to delay. Problem is that it has to wait until the summer season, which is automatically a 3 month wait/delay. If the spring season is not going to work, the summer season is when it is going to be. They can't do a one month or two month delay, it has to wait until the next season.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:43 pm Reply with quote
a1anne wrote:

ouch, so there are less chances that they will add the epilogue where spoiler[ subaru finds out that the whale-priest attacked rem between save points so she got erased and subaru has no way to fix that ]
which happens right as/when the first season ends.
Covnam

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Well that's disappointing, though understandable. It would have been nice to go straight from the current DC run to the new season with little break in between.
Key

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:47 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
I suspect this is just an excuse to work on the show longer. I'm not saying the Coronavirus isn't an issue, but 3 months? Not buying it.

If they hadn't done this then they could have been stuck in the mess that Railgun T is now: with three (or possibly more?) unplanned delays in the middle of the season.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
v1cious wrote:

If they hadn't done this then they could have been stuck in the mess that Railgun T is now: with three (or possibly more?) unplanned delays in the middle of the season.

Three months is the typical length of an anime season. By delaying it they can run a full season rather than having to contend with either a shortened season or a fractured season running over six months.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3