• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Stitch! Anime No Longer Listed on Disney XD

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StudioToledo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Kokoroanime wrote:
This what happens that Disney shouldn't put anime on morning when most of kids at school.

This should be on Disney Channel instead of Disney Anime hyper...

Course most of us old-timers would be saying the same thing for shows like Star Blazers and Robotech back in our day.

NeumanProductions wrote:
Yep, Disney really does need to get back to its roots. Walt really focused on animation as being the key factor to his success. Disney just needs to swing back I think like Cartoon Network is doing with their new animation blocks, though I really need to convince the to bring an old but goody back in the case of a particularly named block called..."Toonami" which 4kids "Toonzai" block is based off of.

I wish it went back to the days when your folks had to fork over $10.99 a month for it. I don't expect people to figure that out, but it was worth every penny 25 years ago (hell we even got Unico).
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:16 pm Reply with quote
ArsenicSteel wrote:
jr0904 wrote:

Your not the only one. However this here will shot any idea of xd getting that broadcasting license. my guess, CN will eventually get the broadcast license and i viz would get the overall license,since they have a good relaionship with lee ( since their doing the Ultimo manga ). better them than a sub only companie which will give it the gintama / eyeshield 21 treatment, or WORSE, 4kids or Nelvana somehow get their gruuby hanhs on the license.

heh, Viz has a better relationship with Lee than Disney even though Disney now owns Marvel and is technically doing all Marvel goods...

Well that is what I said. Viz DO have a better relationship with Lee than Disney , which gives me hope not only Viz will get the license for Heroman one day, but also not give the broascast rights to Disney either. That was proof when viz and shouen jump are doing the manga for ultimo which i like a lot.

and it's like i said in the previous quote, better viz have heroman than the horror that is 4kids or even getting the worse case senario.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lilredphoenix

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Soundmonkey44 wrote:
I concur, why did I think a company thats been putting animation on the side-burner for the better part fo the 21st century for cheesy poorly produced sitcoms would be compitent enough to get somthing as simple as airing an anime based off of one of their properties right.

Agree with you there, they should be endorsing and promoting their own titles, it be enjoyable to see those classics shown once in a awhile I'm sure it would boost their DVD sales since those are beloved and watched many times over by children and adults alike.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:58 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
ArsenicSteel wrote:
jr0904 wrote:

Your not the only one. However this here will shot any idea of xd getting that broadcasting license. my guess, CN will eventually get the broadcast license and i viz would get the overall license,since they have a good relaionship with lee ( since their doing the Ultimo manga ). better them than a sub only companie which will give it the gintama / eyeshield 21 treatment, or WORSE, 4kids or Nelvana somehow get their gruuby hanhs on the license.

heh, Viz has a better relationship with Lee than Disney even though Disney now owns Marvel and is technically doing all Marvel goods...

Well that is what I said. Viz DO have a better relationship with Lee than Disney , which gives me hope not only Viz will get the license for Heroman one day, but also not give the broascast rights to Disney either. That was proof when viz and shouen jump are doing the manga for ultimo which i like a lot.

Lee and Takei's Ultimo being published by Viz in NA is a fact but not evidence of a relationship that is better or strong than Disney outright owning Marvel. Lee seems in good standings with Disney and has seen Disney invest in his latest company POW!. Another fact is Disney has first look rights for anything that comes from POW!. Heroman is a POW! project so Disney would get the first chance to acquire it in NA. If Viz gets HeromanTV is won't be because of a stronger relationship with Lee but because Disney passed on it.

Viz doesn't give broadcast rights, they give requests and propose shows they have be broadcast to station owners like CN and Disney. Viz is on the asking end of broadcasting not the choosing end.
Kokoroanime

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:02 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Or maybe Disney X.D is just re-doing their schedule like they do every few months. Both Stitch! and fellow bad-timeslot show Recess (though it's in reruns) aired for four days and were removed, but they might be put back on once Disney X.D fixes their schedule.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3