• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bandai Entertainment discontinued anime releases update

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:36 am Reply with quote
Nabbing Code Geass' season one collection before it runs out here soon. I'm just gonna name a couple more mainstream examples of buying locations here. Barnes and Noble has it only through their Marketplace currently, with the cheapest price there already at >$200. BAM! has it on their website as well, however it isn't available, and probably won't ever be. Both sites list their shipping time ranges approximately the same, which is indicative that they no longer have any available (in-warehouse, anyway; I know my local BAM! doesn't have it in-store, either.) and per Bandai Entertainment, both joints most likely won't be receiving anymore either.

I wanna stress that I won't be getting mine from either of those, but as others have, I'm just pointing out that for anyone that wants to hold onto a Bandai Entertainment series they hold with much sentimentality, such as me specifically with the Code Geass dub, YOU NEED TO GET IT NOW.

Time and money are factors, and this couldn't be stressed enough for anyone that falls into that classification.
SeigiNoSenshi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:41 am Reply with quote
After reading these last few posts, I realized I still hadn't checked some of the discs I had bought but watched before I owned it. Turns out my CG Vol.2 is from that bad run...I'm guessing 3 1/2 years is a little too far past any warranty period to be asking for a replacement. Guess I'm going to have to scan through them before it's too late to even buy replacements for some (If my GA S1-A are bad, I'm screwed.)
WTK

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:54 am Reply with quote
This was de-listed by TRSI on 2/3.
  • Jin-Roh DVD (Hyb) (Anime Movie Classics)

EDIT: Michael's Movie Mayhem has pretty much listed the entire Bandai Entertainment catalog into discontinued status (with the exception of a few recent releases).
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:52 am Reply with quote
Tenbyakugon wrote:
...with the cheapest price there already at >$200.

Wow! If a Code Geass fan is willing to spend that kind of cash they might as well wait it out for a Japanese BD box. Bandai Visual will surely be putting the English dub on it. I don't welcome this lean towards imports Bandai is implying as it will seriously cut down what I can buy yearly, but if it means we can finally get HD stuff in English then I'd consider.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:14 am Reply with quote
WTK wrote:
[*]Haruka DVD 4 (S)
[*]Haruka DVD 6 (S)

Fark! I should have ordered them instead of waiting. T-T
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:20 am Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
WTK wrote:
[*]Haruka DVD 4 (S)
[*]Haruka DVD 6 (S)

How's the hunt for volume three going? :p
Rukiia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:25 am Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
Rukiia wrote:
WTK wrote:
[*]Haruka DVD 4 (S)
[*]Haruka DVD 6 (S)

How's the hunt for volume three going? :p

Quiet you. >.>
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:49 am Reply with quote
Seriously, be prepared. The last one that popped up went for a whopping $180. Almost $2.50 for a minute of content! Laughing
Rukiia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:25 am Reply with quote
Christ, people are insane. O_O I can't justify paying that much for a DVD single no matter how rare it is. But man, I regret purchasing the current volumes I have as I may never be able to complete it.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:40 am Reply with quote
Same here Sad If only we started our journey three years ago...
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:57 am Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
WTK wrote:

That release is amazing. A MUST HAVE for any Patlabor/Oshii fan. $10 is a steal for all of the bonuses it comes with. Practically an entire days worth of reading material. Main reason why I haven't imported the Blu-ray discs.

It comes in a polybag too. Total Japanese collector style.
Never seen either Patlabor's before, but I've been interested in them for a while now, so I naturally jumped on this chance.

How's the DVD quality? Surprised
GDFan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Tenbyakugon wrote:
Nabbing Code Geass' season one collection before it runs out here soon. I'm just gonna name a couple more mainstream examples of buying locations here. Barnes and Noble has it only through their Marketplace currently, with the cheapest price there already at >$200.

I'm sure you all know rightstuf has plenty of them in stock, currently for $29.99.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:03 pm Reply with quote
SeigiNoSenshi wrote:
After reading these last few posts, I realized I still hadn't checked some of the discs I had bought but watched before I owned it. Turns out my CG Vol.2 is from that bad run...I'm guessing 3 1/2 years is a little too far past any warranty period to be asking for a replacement.

This is something I've been forgetting to do, is to check my disk... So from what I've read, it just pauses from time to time? Is there a way to even fix it, like stop and start, or skip to the next scene or anything, or it freezes up entirely?
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:57 pm Reply with quote
I don't recall having any problems with my My Hime discs. It's been awhile since I've watched them, but I'd think I'd remember having an issue with them. Maybe I just got lucky, since my discs were the original singles.
SeigiNoSenshi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Sheleigha wrote:
SeigiNoSenshi wrote:
After reading these last few posts, I realized I still hadn't checked some of the discs I had bought but watched before I owned it. Turns out my CG Vol.2 is from that bad run...I'm guessing 3 1/2 years is a little too far past any warranty period to be asking for a replacement.

This is something I've been forgetting to do, is to check my disk... So from what I've read, it just pauses from time to time? Is there a way to even fix it, like stop and start, or skip to the next scene or anything, or it freezes up entirely?

Episode 9, it fails to read and skips to the end somewhere around ~18m in I think it was, spoiler[around the point where Kallen's Mom is on the flashback drug] Also, ~2 sec skip in the Ep.9 OP as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 15