• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (TV) - dub.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joshuafer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:44 am Reply with quote
I just finished watching the episode titled Knight, and finally spoiler[ Lelouch discovers that Suzaku is the one piloting the white knightmare frame AKA Lancelot, of course Suzaku still does not know Lelouch is Zero,] I wonder when it will be revealed to him, if at all. Oh, and I like the silver haired lady spoiler[ with amnesia after she got said amnesia, she was a real pain before it heh ]

I forgot what it said on that note spoiler[ shirley balled up and threw away, but it must have something to do with Lelouch, anyone remember ?]

Last edited by joshuafer on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:46 am; edited 1 time in total
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:46 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Concerning tonight's episode (#17): wait, I thought Lelouch already knew who was piloting the Lancelot? Have I been misinterpreting something this whole time?

Where did you get that idea? Of course he didn't know. Suzaku had always claimed he worked for the research division, which is true but not the whole truth.

@joshuafer: spoiler[She wrote that she knew that Lelouch is Zero.]

Last edited by dtm42 on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:54 am; edited 1 time in total
joshuafer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:49 am Reply with quote
I agree I always got the impression Lelouch had no idea that it was suzaku, or he might of tried to do something about it before, since he was so close to him, for example use his geass on him or break his legs...heh.
daedelus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:33 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Concerning tonight's episode (#17): wait, I thought Lelouch already knew who was piloting the Lancelot? Have I been misinterpreting something this whole time?

Since the beginning, the Lancelot has been a thorn in Lulu's side, but he never knew who was piloting it. Oh, and poor Kallen! The distressed look on her face when she was asking for orders from Zero. What if he had ordered spoiler[Suzaku's death?] Powerful stuff.
Zewerr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Am I the only one that noticed a beard on Lelouch's chin in last night's episode when he was talking on the cellphone? Is the just another one of [AS]'s doings, like that dialog between the OP and the start of the episode a few weeks ago?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
freezespell

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:16 pm Reply with quote
I didn't really notice that part but spoiler[Euphemia choosing Suzaku as her knight was something that I saw coming from a mile away. I think I said this before but those two, I believe, will eventually fall in love with each other and Cornelia will probably not be too thrilled by it. Wink ]

I really enjoyed this episode, moreso for the twists involved in it than the fact that it had been 2 weeks since I saw the last one. I'm sure the next episode will be just as good since we're probably going to find out where the whole Lelouch/Suzaku/Nunnally relationship goes from here now that spoiler[Lelouch knows that Suzaku is piloting the Lancelot.] Also, spoiler[Tohdoh joining the Black Knights was pretty cool, too.]
joshuafer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:07 am Reply with quote
Well, now Lulu ( hahahaha Lulu...ahem ) knows that suzaku spoiler[ is the pilot, and also that he killed his own father, 2 strong advantages, ] I am sure he will hatch a cunning plan.
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:07 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Key wrote:

Where did you get that idea? Of course he didn't know. Suzaku had always claimed he worked for the research division, which is true but not the whole truth.

I got the impression he already knew myself, actually... Anime smile + sweatdrop I don't know why honestly... But during this episode it did hit me as to why he wouldn't know, so I guess that at least accounts for something anyways. (man do I feel like a big idiot for not realizing the obvious Anime smile + sweatdrop )

In any case, that's definitely an interesting twist of events. Totally something Lelouch wasn't able to predict and now he's gotta rework his plans from scratch. So much for that idea......

And of course this makes their interaction all the more intriguing. I wonder if we'll be seeing Suzaku finding out about Lelouch being Zero at any point in the future.
Chaos42

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:58 pm Reply with quote
the next episode will be full of interesting things. However suzaku is now establishing himself in the empire he has become the oposite of zero as a figure head

also i like the gekka they are nice-espcialy the chain swords they are much cooler than the sutherlands
braves

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:47 am Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
Holy crap! It's Spike!

You know, I thought that [as] placed a sound clip from Cowboy Bebop when Todoh first spoke. Really confusing and funny. Laughing

I didn't really like the blond scientist, though. Seemed kinda unnecessary to have another person with a big ego in this series. Lelouch is enough, thank you. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:38 pm Reply with quote
New episode is out!

http://www.adultswim.com/video/?episodeID=8a2505951bc80ed4011c0a79d89302ad

spoiler[Zero makes an attempt once more to get Suzaku to join his side. That didn't turn out that ways, and there's an EVIL cliffhanger involved! ] Twisted Evil
Chaos42

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:37 pm Reply with quote
yes and now the series takes another unexpected twist
kayoubi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:35 am Reply with quote
is anyone watching it on adult swim? i remember R1 got pretty bloody many times, does the localization try to censor everything?
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:00 am Reply with quote
kayoubi wrote:
is anyone watching it on adult swim? i remember R1 got pretty bloody many times, does the localization try to censor everything?

Not really their style. The only thing they covered up was the Pizza Hut boxes.

And the knee-jerk purists complain about THAT too... Anime hyper
daedelus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:11 am Reply with quote
Oh my!

Seven days is such a long time to wait.

I can't believe Kallen was actually going to... at Suzaku's party. Wow!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 27 of 60