• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Paper: DiCaprio Considers SMAP for Ninja Scroll Film

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poonk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:39 am Reply with quote
ZODDGUTS wrote:
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
LOL, isn't this like a pop rock group? This is as comforting as like... a G.I. Joe movie where the main roles are played by like the Johnas Brothers.
Except that these guys can act. They've been in many TV dramas and movies for over 10 years and I've seen several of TV dramas that they've been in they can defianately act.
Thanks for pointing this out. Casting SMAP isn't quite the same as casting the Back Street Boys, y'know? They actually have quite a bit of acting experience under their collective belts (especially KimuTaku). Hence, while I would generally have ZERO interest in most anything Ninja Scroll-related (saw the film before I got into anime, found it to be a huge turn off to anime in general), I'd definitely give anything with Kimura Takuya or Shingo Katori a second look.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jgreen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:56 am Reply with quote
Hon'ya-chan wrote:
So, Shibari and Interrogation?

....huh?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hon'ya-chan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:42 am Reply with quote
jgreen wrote:
Hon'ya-chan wrote:
So, Shibari and Interrogation?

....huh?

Instead of Rape, they try for Rope Bondage and Interrogation tactics?
jgreen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Ah, okay. Sorry for the confusion there. Nah, what I meant was just that the way the two spoiler[Kagero rape scenes] played out in the anime were pretty brutally graphic...everything happens right there, on screen, in focus. Doing that with a real actress would not only be a terrible thing to do, it'd be pretty damn hard to watch...the animation disconnects you from it a bit, but having it be a real person would be pretty unsavory. If you change it to where it's clear what is happening but it's happening off screen or in total darkness or something, you can get the same point across without changing the meaning of the scene or being unnecessarily gross about it. That's all I meant.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4