• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - SOS Brigade

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdb728

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:25 pm Reply with quote
kurokageshi, thanks for posting the pictures, that Naru statue doesn't look anywhere near as fetishy as I was expecting(nothing aimed at you, just I've seen too many models/"collectible" figures that look like they're only made for one purpose, and it's not just to be admired for it's fine detail).Wink

PetrifiedJello wrote:
I just found this out yesterday.

Another apology is in order.
Wink

I was a bit unsure that "Bamboo Dong" was a legitimate name after having discovered the amount of hentai reviewed. Think about that a second.

I just found that out a couple of months back, and I was shocked by considering the amount of hentai as well. Of course perhaps it should have been obvious in the illustration she drew for this animenewsnetwork.com/shelf-life/2003-09-07, just scroll down to Night Shift Nurses. Wink

I think her hentai reviews were the best ones(at least as far as humor if nothing else), as I'd laugh almost hysterically at them with friends.

ANN, please let Bamboo Dong write reviews on hentai again.

Thanks. Cool
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:57 pm Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:

Well some of them are not to bad, the hair colors where changed almost to the manga. I say almost as like three or four people did get the right color just not the right shade.

If you want to check out Negima!? try the OVAs Spring and Summer first. They where made as test runs before Negima!?'s 26 ep series was made

When I start renting again in the summer I will have to check it out first. I really don't want to blind buy then try and sell it to someone for a fraction of what I paid if I don't like it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ninjapet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:51 pm Reply with quote
asimpson2006 wrote:
ninjapet wrote:

Well some of them are not to bad, the hair colors where changed almost to the manga. I say almost as like three or four people did get the right color just not the right shade.

If you want to check out Negima!? try the OVAs Spring and Summer first. They where made as test runs before Negima!?'s 26 ep series was made

When I start renting again in the summer I will have to check it out first. I really don't want to blind buy then try and sell it to someone for a fraction of what I paid if I don't like it.

There on Funimation's website subbed and dubbed for free

same with the first three eps of the 26 ep anime
the rest is subbed on there site

That should save you some time on renting the dvds
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:04 pm Reply with quote
jdb728 wrote:
Of course perhaps it should have been obvious in the illustration she drew for this animenewsnetwork.com/shelf-life/2003-09-07, just scroll down to Night Shift Nurses. Wink

Forget the reviews! Give Nina a run for her money!

That was a funny, funny read.

Thanks for that!
Very Happy
Gewürtztraminer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:47 pm Reply with quote
I liked Negima!? a lot more than Negima, but that is not surprising, because I also liked Pani Poni Dash a lot.

I was fascinated by Negima!?'s openings, I think there were at least four different Japanese audio versions of the 1000% Sparking, two different English audio versions, and 3 different animated versions. Again like Pani Poni Dash, which had 3 different openers, and I think 6 different closers but with unique animation for all 26 closers. Going from memory, so I may have missed a few. I was really glad they finally did an English dub version of one of the Japanese spoken versions of the open.

The gimick with having the girl's seating chart number floating above their heads, arms, legs, etc. during most versions of the 1000% Sparking open was helpful. I guess I am not a true fan if I can not rattle off all 31 girls names and instantly recognize them on screen. With the story that was told, all 31 had parts, and appearances in the omake shorts that ended each episode.

It was not quite the all out barrage of site gags and non sequitirs that Pani Poni Dash was, but I found it entertaining.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4