• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Great 2010 Twitter Give-Away

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kirikiri23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:56 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
I like how people who have no problem with the triviality of discussing cartoons on a message board find Twitter inane.

DID YOU JUS CALL ANIME CARTOONS!!!!!????

And yeah it is rather pathetic
jgreen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:40 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
I like how people who have no problem with the triviality of discussing cartoons on a message board find Twitter inane.

If messageboards were limited to 140 characters per post, I'd find them inane, too. Then again, this post would fit in a tweet. Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Takeyo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:42 pm Reply with quote
*SHRUG* We all have our pet peeves. I'm also annoyed by, among other things, facebook/myspace, reality television, texting, CNN's Rick Sanchez and his "national conversation," and people who think an issue, "begs the question."
Nermal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:06 pm Reply with quote
I wasn't interested in Twitter either until recently. I only signed up so I could keep track of the Kogi BBQ truck. Most of my tweets are about pee and are designed to keep people from subscribing.
The Naked Beast

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:05 am Reply with quote
ANN wrote:
From Monday to Friday, for the entire month of January (January 4 to January 29)

I thought the month of January has 31 days.

Question: If a Twitter follower is selected for a prize, are they eligible to be selected for another prize?
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:51 am Reply with quote
The Naked Beast wrote:
ANN wrote:
From Monday to Friday, for the entire month of January (January 4 to January 29)

I thought the month of January has 31 days.

Question: If a Twitter follower is selected for a prize, are they eligible to be selected for another prize?

If you read it, it says ANN is only giving away discs on (Week)days. The 30th and 31st fall on a weekend. Though I agree "For the entire Month" may not have been the best wording.
Vicserr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:44 am Reply with quote
Well, I joined Twitter and if anybody wants to follow my mad Ramblings yo can do it at @VicserrPR
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Kiroku

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:44 pm Reply with quote
when I read the rules it sounded like if you follow anyone else on twitter oyu get no prizes, was that right? do you have to only follow them?
keikanna44

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:10 pm Reply with quote
leftbehindxp wrote:
keikanna44 wrote:
This Sucks Sad I refuse to twitter. I caved in with facebook but I'm not going to twitter not even for free dvds. Good luck to the everyone. (crying)

Are you kidding me? Shocked BTW I hardly use typical emoticons beyond the Smile or Very Happy but holy crap your phrase deserves Shocked or something much worse. Just make an account for this and delete it afterwards, not that hard.

LOL Laughing Sorry for making you exceed your emoticon quota but I refuse to twitter. I'm not even going to take the time to create an account. Call me stupid if you want but I've bashed it so many times I would be embarrassed to look at my friends faces. Smile
ZakuAce

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:05 pm Reply with quote
I could go for the Oprhen set or the YUA sets.

I'm due to win something - I haven't even won $1 from scratch off tickets. Ever.
Justp94

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:19 pm Reply with quote
:O I want to be the winner who gets all 20 DVDS!! I hope they Choose Justp94! LOL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
jenthehen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:53 pm Reply with quote
Kiroku wrote:
when I read the rules it sounded like if you follow anyone else on twitter oyu get no prizes, was that right? do you have to only follow them?

That ... just doesn't make any sense.

And what's with all the twitter hate? Now my friends can read all in ridiculous things that pop into my head all day Smile It's also a good outlet for work related rage Wink I've had my twitter since August 2008 Razz
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:31 am Reply with quote
Nermal wrote:
I wasn't interested in Twitter either until recently. I only signed up so I could keep track of the Kogi BBQ truck. Most of my tweets are about pee and are designed to keep people from subscribing.

OH MY GOD YOU TOO?

That is exactly why I started on Twitter. The Kogi truck. And then, six months later I had it and it really was nothing special. Mediocre, even. But at least I have Twitter now...
kyokun703

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:28 am Reply with quote
jsevakis wrote:
Nermal wrote:

OH MY GOD YOU TOO?

That is exactly why I started on Twitter. The Kogi truck. And then, six months later I had it and it really was nothing special. Mediocre, even. But at least I have Twitter now...

I preferred Kogi's menu at the alibi room. They had good fries.

Twitter is fabulous for keeping track of food trucks. And apparently now at a chance at winning anime.
leftbehindxp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:30 pm Reply with quote
keikanna44 wrote:
leftbehindxp wrote:
keikanna44 wrote:
This Sucks Sad I refuse to twitter. I caved in with facebook but I'm not going to twitter not even for free dvds. Good luck to the everyone. (crying)

Are you kidding me? Shocked BTW I hardly use typical emoticons beyond the Smile or Very Happy but holy crap your phrase deserves Shocked or something much worse. Just make an account for this and delete it afterwards, not that hard.

LOL Laughing Sorry for making you exceed your emoticon quota but I refuse to twitter. I'm not even going to take the time to create an account. Call me stupid if you want but I've bashed it so many times I would be embarrassed to look at my friends faces. Smile

Oh no no I'm not calling you stupid, just your move is idiotic. It's free sh*t and all you have to do is follow them on twitter for only a month! I totally understand the opposition to it. And I feel that twitter is best for phone users and pointless just for computer use. But at the end of the day it's free stuff (which is anime in this case) and it's not that hard to get your name in there to win.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5