• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: More Hellsing anime on the way

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LightNightmare148

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:14 pm Reply with quote
MasterFuu wrote:
LightNightmare148 wrote:
Beatdigga wrote:
So we get to see Alucard battle Nazis?

Cool.

Ohh that would be sweet to see. Alucard blasting off Nazi soldier's heads. Laughing

With a song playing in the back " Du hast... du hast mich gefragt"... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hell yeah!! Ramstein would be sweet in Hellsing. Very Happy
Sousuke Segari

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:46 am Reply with quote
And God said Let ther Be Alucard, And ther was much rejoycing. Holy Jeasus I cant Waite!
TMBounty_Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:29 pm Reply with quote
i have a passionate hate towards the Hellsing anime, and because of that a passionate hate towards Gonzo absolutely ruining my favourite manga. this however offers new hope. i pray to go Hirano will be keeping a cloe eye on it. also whats good to see is that the staff listed so far is practically new to the project, none of the evildoers who ruined the anime. accept for Ueda, but hey, he's a producer. and i like the choise for the director. also good to see the sound director back, the ONLY thing i ever liked about the hellsing anime was the audio. the sfx, the japanese cast(Alucard's voice=pimp), and the music were great. visual, you could count the well made scenes on one hand and have fingers left over.

please god, dont lets this OVA go down the drain like the anime did.......

and no, lets not contaminate this potential wonder with western evils like rap or industrial rock

and here's to hearing Rip van Winkel singing Der Freischutz. sieg heil!!!
Vash_the_Stamp3d3

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Life is good. Cool
Sempai-san

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Finally! I knew there was going to be more Hellsing anime. But no one ever agreed with me. Now I can prove them all wrong Twisted Evil Anyway, Im Kohta Hirano and Gonzo are making another season... the end of episode 13 leaves everything on a cliffy. My only request: To keep the orginal cast. I love Crispin Freeman... he is a GOD!
Ruuku

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Oh if only you could see the massive grin on my face when I found this out Twisted Evil .
They all said I was mad when I said there would be more Hellsing anime but who's mad now?! Muhahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

If I could make a request to Geneon; please bring back the entire cast (both Japanese and English, loved them both), especially Victoria Harwood, she fits Integra like a glove.
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Ruuku wrote:
Oh if only you could see the massive grin on my face when I found this out Twisted Evil .
They all said I was mad when I said there would be more Hellsing anime but who's mad now?! Muhahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

If I could make a request to Geneon; please bring back the entire cast (both Japanese and English, loved them both), especially Victoria Harwood, she fits Integra like a glove.

I whole heartedly agree! Both casts were superb! Especially Crispin Freeman as Alucard, couldn't have asked for a better VA to do his voice, IMO.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
.Sy

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 5:56 pm Reply with quote
If Crispin Freeman does Alucard's voice, I think I might just go on a hunt for the DVD's. He's the only voice actor that really stands out in my mind, and his VA is superb.

Last edited by .Sy on Fri May 06, 2005 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
ananda

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 6:47 pm Reply with quote
It's not sure as of yet who will return, but if you want to have Crispin Freeman and all the other cast members back, help support us by signing our Petition Very Happy

Bring the Hellsing Cast Back for the OVA!!!

http://www.petitiononline.com/Hellsing/petition.html
.Sy

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 7:14 pm Reply with quote
One question though, if you don't mind my asking, but how effective is an online petition? I'm not sure how companies work, but I think they'll have the original cast back if it's by the original dubbing company. I think it'd be bit wierd if the VA was done differently.
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 7:18 pm Reply with quote
ananda wrote:
It's not sure as of yet who will return, but if you want to have Crispin Freeman and all the other cast members back, help support us by signing our Petition Very Happy

Bring the Hellsing Cast Back for the OVA!!!

http://www.petitiononline.com/Hellsing/petition.html

As the old saying goes "Signed, sealed and delivered". Laughing In other words, I just finished signing it, I'm #30 on the petition.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
ananda

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 8:19 pm Reply with quote
.Sy wrote:
One question though, if you don't mind my asking, but how effective is an online petition? I'm not sure how companies work, but I think they'll have the original cast back if it's by the original dubbing company. I think it'd be bit wierd if the VA was done differently.

True, it would be weird and I really hope you are right.

However, I think it cannot hurt to let our voices be heard in order to re-assure that Geneon will truly go with the Original Cast again.

I’d say the effectiveness will depend on how many people will sign it.
It just adds to the support to make sure that Geneon won’t mess it up. Smile
SnowfairyX

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 9:43 pm Reply with quote
I don't feel that online petitions are that effective. If there was something that I really wanted a certain company to do, I would write them a letter, sign it, and then mail it to that company the traditional way. It makes it more personal and will most likely have a stronger impact than an online petition that tends to be impersonal. I haven't done anything like that yet, but I will when the time is right. I think a letter writing campaign is much more effective, although an online petition should be done as well.

I am currently not interested in this particular petition because I have never watched Hellsing in the english dub, but I will probably be watching it soon. English dubs have never been my preference, although I admit there are some very good ones(Cowboy Bebop.) Maybe I'll enjoy the Hellsing TV series a little bit more with the dub.
ZahmiraV

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 7:13 pm Reply with quote
I don't think this petition will do much, but I signed it anyway. I would be very surprised if they didn't offer the part to Freeman. I would be even more surprised if he turned it down.
BeyonderZ

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 6:45 am Reply with quote
It's sad to see so many anime fans look forward to the english dubb of a anime that hasn't been created yet. The Egnlish dubb for Hellsing was Terrible. The VA work and Directing was all around weak and the Scripting was laughable. I all ways find it funny when people think a shitty english dubb to be great just because they don't have to read. lol
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4