• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ghost in the Shell Arise Anime to Launch in 2013

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marzan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Best news I've had this year! GiTS, be it the films, the manga or the amazing SAC TV series has always delivered quality.

I do hope they get all the seeiyu's from SAC to reprise their roles. Oh and if Yoko Kanno does the OST, I won't be one to complain!
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:30 pm Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill wrote:
New Gits? Sign me the f*ck up!

This!

byteforbyte wrote:
I was hoping for a 3rd Gig. I'm a HUGE fan of Stand Alone Complex (more so than the two movies).

Same here, man do I love Stand Alone Complex.
If those eps return to the very late hours of Toonami again for another round of repeat runs I'll be watching them yet again (I own the DVDs too ofcourse), I'll watch both seasons of SAC any time.

TheAncientOne wrote:
Keichitsu0305 wrote:
I can't help staring at how blue the Major's hair looks; I'm so used to seeing it purple.

The character styling looks somewhat different overall (from what little can be seen in that image). I think at least visually, this won't be the GitS we know and love, but I'm hopefully the other elements will remain the same.

Agreed. On the plus side, I expect it to look gorgeous and polished when finally animated, since Production IG loves their scifi after all. (See Psycho-Pass, awesome show IMO, for the latest super-polished scifi animation from them, yet another gorgeous looking scifi series with all sorts of cool GITS-style digital displays etc.)

Same here, I hope enough of the key elements remain that it still "feels" like Ghost in the Shell and Section 9. At most I hope something in between new and SAC I guess. I'm hopeful that if it still stars Section 9, as the promo art featuring Motoko suggests, that while new and maybe rather different it perhaps at least won't be able to completely abandon the scifi law enforcement angle so hopefully that will make it difficult to venture far enough away that it could lose most of its links to the franchise. Even if different I still want it to feel like GITS.

Marzan wrote:
Best news I've had this year! GiTS, be it the films, the manga or the amazing SAC TV series has always delivered quality.

I do hope they get all the seeiyu's from SAC to reprise their roles. Oh and if Yoko Kanno does the OST, I won't be one to complain!

Totally agree, Production IG has always nailed GITS and SAC was simply stunning.

Agree on the JP cast, I also hope for the same when it eventually makes it over here, the English VA GITS: SAC cast is on the Bebop etc. level, they are these characters for me (the Innocence BD was worth it for them too). I don't care even if it's a new take on the characters, I'd rather their current VAs adjust their performances to the new "take" than lose their familiar voices.

Last edited by DangerMouse on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:49 pm Reply with quote
One of the best news I've heard this year.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Very, very happy to hear about this and the talent involved. It'll be interesting to see how complex-sci-fi lover Ubukata will present Shirow's similarly complex stories (if they are going that route and not a completely different one), plus, how Kise will do in his first big project as director (a long time coming). Personally, I'm glad that Kamiyama's not involved, as I'm not a big fan of his work, but I wonder if Oshii, Shirow, or even Manga Ent. will.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kanechin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:27 pm Reply with quote
good news, now to:
1.wait for a dub
2. wait for full metal panic to get a 4th season
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:33 pm Reply with quote
More GITS is always welcome. I look forward to learning more about this series in the future, and of course hope down the line some one picks it up for stream/release in the states.

Lets all go bug Toonami to show GITS Arise come 2015 Anime hyper.
IkariGendo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Official site and twitter are now up and running

http://kokaku-a.com/img/main-visual.png

full size key visual of Motoko's new design.
danilo07

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Character design for Motoko looks pretty good and reminds a bit of first film.The thing that I really like it is that ,it looks like it is actually possible to move in those clothes.Yeah I know ,I was pretty surprised.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:29 pm Reply with quote
IkariGendo wrote:
Official site and twitter are now up and running

http://kokaku-a.com/img/main-visual.png

full size key visual of Motoko's new design.

Eh…a little too modern- and young-looking a compromise as an update of the GITS movie's design, but it could grow on me fast.

BTW, she sort of looks like a Char, now… Laughing
Reibooi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:49 pm Reply with quote
On the one hand I'm kinda nervous that those who made the franchise what it is are not gonna be involved. On the other I'm just really excited for more GITS. Here is hoping that it lives up to what it can be and that it's not a cheap cash in or something along those lines.
jdnation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Oh Shi-!

Get HYPED!

Was hoping for a third season for StandAlone Complex, but this could be awesome!

Character promo image looks 2-D animated... was dreading that they'd go with those awful stiff shouldered CG Characters.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:25 pm Reply with quote
It's not more Stand Alone Complex, so they can f*** right off.

This is like the time a new Giant Robo series was announced and then it turned out not to be Imagawa's Giant Robo. And it was promptly ignored by all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:06 pm Reply with quote
How hard is it do a version of ghost in the shell true to the original with the original character designs by shirow masamune? His art is better than anything I have seen. GiTS the movie looks horrendous, they sort made Kusangi look better in the tv show version, and story wise the movie and show are excellent. But I would just like to see a version done in Masamune's style both in terms of story and characters personality as well design.
PipingHotTea

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:15 pm Reply with quote
A new GiTS, this is awesome Smile. But man seeing Motoko in a red leather suit and blue hair is surprising yet strangely refreshing. It almost looks reminiscent to the first film.
vangelionite88

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:27 pm Reply with quote
the get up reminds me of the suit the sniper chick wore in kill bill v.1.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9