• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: K-ON! (Nearly) Life-Size Stickers Sold in US$540 Bundle of 5

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Timeenforceranubis wrote:
Zac wrote:
Do they come with a rag you can use to wipe down your wall? Wouldn't want anyone to lose their security deposit.

Hey, cool, more masturbation jokes! It's as though somehow, nobody has learned anything at all since last month! Very Happy

Sorry was your goal to make it so I never, ever make jokes about that ever again?
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
At this point it's funny because even making simple stupid childish beat-off jokes is enough to rile up the persecution complexes.

Yes Zac. I'm sure you'll appreciate it when people start saying your articles are nothing more than you masturbating all over the page.

Truly, hilarious.

Quote:
I mean, I love a decent masturbation joke like anyone else, but the fact that it inspires genuine outrage now from you folks is priceless.

I generally find masturbation jokes tasteless in all contexts, but you have pretty much descended into outright trolling at this point.

Seriously if someone came into every thread you were in and made a bad "joke" about you masturbating you'd probably get kinda [expletive] tired of them already.

You made the joke. Please find new material.

Also I can't believe you actually think insulting your reader base is a good idea. Holy shit.

Quote:
It's like getting really pissed off and self-righteously angry when someone makes a really lame yo momma joke. Why do you let it get to you so much? It's as cheap and easy a laugh as anything.

OH MY GOD

PEOPLE GET MAD WHEN THEY ARE INSULTED OVER AND OVER

THIS IS A NEW SHOCKING REVELATION THAT NO ONE HAS NOTICED EVER BEFORE.

Seriously Zac, grow the fudge up.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:

Yes Zac. I'm sure you'll appreciate it when people start saying your articles are nothing more than you masturbating all over the page.

Truly, hilarious.

People say dramatically worse and more insulting things than that about me and what I write all the time. You should know, you hang out around here.

Quote:

You made the joke. Please find new material.

But I still find it funny! You're probably right, although "ha ha y'all beatin' off to this" is as mild as I think I can possibly get when it comes to making fun of trends in anime fandom.

Quote:

Also I can't believe you actually think insulting your reader base is a good idea. Holy shit.

So having made these exact jokes - as hacky as they are - for years and years in the same places, why is it suddenly now the world's greatest insult? I don't really understand why all of a sudden it's like HEY NOT COOL MAN if I make a beat-off joke about moe girls. Y'all seemed fine with it for like 8 years.

Quote:

Seriously Zac, grow the fudge up.

A true sign of real maturity is never making dumb jokes about something someone likes. Yep.
Timeenforceranubis

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Zac wrote:
Do they come with a rag you can use to wipe down your wall? Wouldn't want anyone to lose their security deposit.

Hey, cool, more masturbation jokes! It's as though somehow, nobody has learned anything at all since last month! Very Happy

Sorry was your goal to make it so I never, ever make jokes about that ever again?

Well, I went to the trouble of explaining why your masturbation jokes are particularly tasteless. Not trying to force you to do anything, mind you, but the fact that, knowing what I've explained to you, you continue, plus the fact that you've now explicitly stated that you're basically doing it for the reaction now, is incredibly telling.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:

So having made these exact jokes - as hacky as they are - for years and years in the same places, why is it suddenly now the world's greatest insult? I don't really understand why all of a sudden it's like HEY NOT COOL MAN if I make a beat-off joke about moe girls. Y'all seemed fine with it for like 8 years.

More like we're getting [expletive] tired of being considered second-class citizens by the "respectable" anime establishment, largely due to things you make up entirely in your own head.

Also, its one thing to make banter and insulting jokes among friends. Its entirely different when its obvious the person making the joke actually hates you.

There are comparisons but they're fairly tasteless so I won't make them, and I don't want to equate this with significantly worse issues.

Anyway, if your first thought on seeing these stickers was "wow I bet people are going to masturbate to them", then you've probably got more issues than the rest of us.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:59 pm Reply with quote

Well, I went to the trouble of explaining why your masturbation jokes are particularly tasteless. Not trying to force you to do anything, mind you, but the fact that, knowing what I've explained to you, you continue, plus the fact that you've now explicitly stated that you're basically doing it for the reaction now, is incredibly telling.

So your point is that you explained to me how you take all this stuff way too seriously and have no sense of humor about it, and you can't understand why that isn't quite enough to make me go "hey man, I really shouldn't make dumb throwaway jokes about beatin' off to moe girls"? Your hypersensitivity and total lack of humor about it is precisely what makes it funny.

Tell you what - I'll never make another joke about moe fans jerkin' it if you admit that you're particularly humorless about this and just can't handle even the most basic and mild joke about it.

Fencedude5609 wrote:

More like we're getting [expletive] tired of being considered second-class citizens by the "respectable" anime establishment, largely due to things you make up entirely in your own head.

You being "treated like second-class citizens by the "respectable" anime establishment" is something you made up entirely in your own head you paranoid weirdo. Jesus. At no point have you EVER been actually "treated like a second-class citizen". Christ.
RogerSterling

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:

And you wonder why "Moe fans" think you're a close-minded, elitist, Holier than thou, Douche'Bag.

You claim to want civility & mature discussion - then you intentionally antagonize certain fans with these statements. As a female it doesn't offend me but maybe you should start having Bamboo Dong proof-read ALL your comments regarding "Moe" issues because you clearly can't control yourself.

What are you even doing here on this topic? You Mr. Man are now TROLLING the fine people that still bother to come to your site after your "Moe fiasco" debate.

You lost your "senses" when debaters mentioned a person I disagree with politically topics - maybe "K-On!" fans can discuss options for "Moe Rights" against biased commentators like yourself? You brought NOTHING to this thread topic and you know it. Just walk away.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Sigh... It's really disappointing that such an innocent article has gone so terribly and negatively off topic. Please guys, can we just chill?
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:

You being "treated like second-class citizens by the "respectable" anime establishment" is something you made up entirely in your own head you paranoid weirdo. Jesus. At no point have you EVER been actually "treated like a second-class citizen". Christ.

Yes, we're totally not repeatedly mocked by the executive editor of the internet's largest anime news site.

Clearly that is something that has never happened.

Right?
Timeenforceranubis

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:

So your point is that you explained to me how you take all this stuff way too seriously and have no sense of humor about it, and you can't understand why that isn't quite enough to make me go "hey man, I really shouldn't make dumb throwaway jokes about beatin' off to moe girls"? Your hypersensitivity and total lack of humor about it is precisely what makes it funny.

Tell you what - I'll never make another joke about moe fans jerkin' it if you admit that you're particularly humorless about this and just can't handle even the most basic and mild joke about it.

Question, Zac: Why do we gotta laugh at ourselves all the time?

Moe fans are constantly accused of pedophilia, misogyny, sexual deviancy, and objectification, are unfairly judged as people based on what they do for leisure, and are generally treated like second-class citizens within the anime fandom. When everyone's already laughing at us and calling moe fans a whole lot of awful things, what on Earth makes you think we're suddenly going to be lighthearted about this?

You lose your humor about this crap pretty fast when you're being called a pedophile because of the cartoons you like.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Alright, alright, you guys are right.

Well, except RogerSterling. That guy can go jump.

But I'll promise you this: I'm never going to make a joke about moe fans masturbating to moe girls ever again. I'm not saying this facetiously, I'm seriously never going to joke about it again. You have my word.

Edit: in exchange for tossing out all jokes regarding moe kids whackin' it to moe girls, I have banned RogerSterling forever. You're welcome.

Last edited by Zac on Fri May 10, 2013 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Zac wrote:

Yes, we're totally not repeatedly mocked by the executive editor of the internet's largest anime news site.

Clearly that is something that has never happened.

Right?

This gets to something that I've been wondering about.

Why do you care?

I've had trouble reconciling some of your attitudes. One one hand, you and a circle of anime fans seem very contemptuous and dismissive of ANN as well as the perspective that you perceive it as representing. On the other, you spent a great deal of time paying attention to it, are actually remarkably active on its forums, having made most of your 3,717 posts since January 7th of last year, and seem rather strongly invested by Zac's opinion of you, or at least a group that you associate yourself with.

I'm sincerely curious as to what I'm missing or misunderstanding here, because you seem to be reacting very strongly, engaging extensively with and generally expending effort something I'd expect you to not care about. Granted that two sides mutually disdaining and ignoring one another isn't ideal, but this routine of petty confrontations doesn't seem very worthwhile. I can't figure the plan out here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Moe fans are constantly accused of pedophilia, misogyny, sexual deviancy, and objectification, are unfairly judged as people based on what they do for leisure, and are generally treated like second-class citizens within the anime fandom. When everyone's already laughing at us and calling moe fans a whole lot of awful things, what on Earth makes you think we're suddenly going to be lighthearted about this?

You lose your humor about this crap pretty fast when you're being called a pedophile because of the cartoons you like.
"You are what you eat." That saying also goes as, "you are what you enjoy". These things are made to satisfy a hunger, or craving. By example if one doesn't want the rest of the world to think one is wierd for being a shyte eater, than one shouldn't go boasting one likes to eat shyte on forums. It was a joke,. a tasteless joke perhaps, but just a joke none the less. ANN isn't 4-ch. Have you ever thought that to whinge and rail about a joke about tossing to these stickers, is you telling the world "yeah we do that, so whats so funny about it? You're just being mean to us moe wankers!", compounding the hurt? Wink
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Alright, alright, you guys are right.

Well, except RogerSterling. That guy can go jump.

But I'll promise you this: I'm never going to make a joke about moe fans masturbating to moe girls ever again. I'm not saying this facetiously, I'm seriously never going to joke about it again. You have my word.

Edit: in exchange for tossing out all jokes regarding moe kids whackin' it to moe girls, I have banned RogerSterling forever. You're welcome.

Eh...'Tis a fair cop.
Timeenforceranubis

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
"You are what you eat." That saying also goes as, "you are what you enjoy". These things are made to satisfy a hunger, or craving. By example if one doesn't want the rest of the world to think one is wierd for being a shyte eater, than one shouldn't go boasting one likes to eat shyte on forums.

So, if we don't want to get weird looks because of the cartoons we like, from people who also watch cartoons, all us moe fans should just shut it and keep to our own little cubbyhole of the anime fandom?

Mohawk52 wrote:
It was a joke,. a tasteless joke perhaps, but just a joke none the less. ANN isn't 4-ch. Have you ever thought that to whinge and rail about a joke about tossing to these stickers, is you telling the world "yeah we do that, so whats so funny about it? You're just being mean to us moe wankers!", compounding the hurt? Wink

No, actually, because that's not the case, and that's one of the primary reasons I have such a problem with it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8