• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 "Unholy" Priests

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronin2081

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Christian symbolism is a common go-to to add "mystic" flavor in anime, similar to how Hollywood draws from Pagan themes. Catholicism and the Vatican are especially popular and often blended with magic, demons, possession, vampires. This week's list takes a look at seven priests with less than holy personalities.

That is what greets the readers when they decide to click on the column and see the List. So it seems pretty clear they were limiting the List to Christianity. If they meant to include Buddhism and other religions that may contain Priests then they wouldn't have singled out Christianity.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:35 am Reply with quote
Ah, I didn't notice that, Ronin2081. I guess I should RTFM next time, eh? Razz

Hmm... ah!

The priest guy from Samurai Champloo. The one that was pretending to be a priest until a... uh, *conveniently* timed collapse of a statue brought an end to him.
LinkSword

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:47 am Reply with quote
List of unholy priests.
Does not include Adam Blade.

Bleh.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Cleaned up a few posts.

Please don't result to personal insults.
kagisuke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:08 am Reply with quote
genjo sanzo maybe a monk..but he's as bad ass as these 7 priests! or badder.... Very Happy
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:21 am Reply with quote
Ronin2081 wrote:
law240 wrote:
Honorable mention to Adam Blade/Zero from Needless a priest who keeps grenades in his Bible just in case.

He really should have won it, to me, if not because of the grenades then because of his obsession with lolis.

sorry but that wasnt gonna happen. sure he should have been on the list instead of nightroad, but no one was gonna outdo anderson. However wolfwood should have easily have been number 2.

Though i am more surprised that Kotomine wasnt included in this list. I definitely would have put him in number 7 instead of that guy from 07-Ghost.

Especially of all the things he did in FSN while under the cloth and in F/Z . that alone should have bumped him in this list.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4