• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Answerman - Carb City

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:45 pm Reply with quote
@leafy sea dragon
Yes, the fact that many don't see any advantage to paying a premium for a Blu-ray is one of the reasons the change has been so slow. Of course it isn't helped by Viz charging almost double for the Blu-ray version recently.

Are you talking about special features on live action movies and TV shows? I don't remember seeing any anime shows where the DVD version was less than the Blu-ray.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:12 pm Reply with quote
No, I'm just talking about movies and TV shows in general, not specifically anime. I know the anime localization businesses' approach to bonus content is different than original western content.
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:10 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
I can say I am one person who doesn't care about such things. If it weren't for how they're now packing all the special features of movies and TV shows onto the Blu-Rays, I'd still be buying exclusively DVDs because they're cheaper.

YotaruVegeta wrote:
It's not about Megan Fox's acting talent: why would anyone think that a clearly grown woman would portray a schoolgirl? Fox can do college girl, but Sailor Moon? You're on Anime News Network! Read the news here, not some site that's "reporting" such things.

Dawson casting?

Dawson? Rosario Dawson!?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:31 pm Reply with quote
YotaruVegeta wrote:
leafy sea dragon wrote:
Dawson casting?

Dawson? Rosario Dawson!?

While Rosario Dawson would certainly be an interesting casting choice for a live-action Sailor Moon film, Dawson casting actually refers to the practice of having younger characters portrayed by older actors, so named because Dawsons Creek was notorious for it.

If you still want to keep the high school aspect, Dawson casting would have to be a necessity. Good luck trying to find actual age-appropriate actors.
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Oh, that Dawson.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4