• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Licenses Level E Sci-Fi Comedy TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:21 am Reply with quote
This show never really clicked for me but there are certainly worse shows one could pick up.
ss-hikaru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:54 am Reply with quote
the_seventh_l wrote:
I love Level E. Love love love love it. Can't wait to buy the heck out of the DVDs if Funi will be so kind as to provide.

Me too! Since it's Funi, if they put out DVDs there's a chance Madman will distribute it Anime smile And even if they don't I am definitely buying it anyway. R1, R4, doesn't matter, if it gets a DVD release I am so getting it Very Happy

I had given up hope for a DVD release for Level E, but now there's a pretty high chance of one and that makes me very very happy.
Magna_Lilly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:12 am Reply with quote
Yay ,,Anime smallmouth,, I love Togashi's work!
Kohii

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:08 am Reply with quote
Well, at least FUNi is trying to keep a good balance of boobie anime and, well, everything else. Although it seems to be 65/35 lately.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:30 am Reply with quote
Well. I'll be buying this one.

I am kind of wondering about how they will deal with the dub in the episode where Ouji plays guitar and sings....

Geez. All the complaining. The butthert-fanboi comments are so predictable. Losers. Rolling Eyes
Razzuel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:39 am Reply with quote
I love Level E! I will definitely be buying this if Funimation releases it on DVD or Blu-ray.

As always I want a Blu-ray release, but Level E wasn't released on Blu-ray in Japan, even though I think the show was HD, so there might not be a Blu-ray version if Funimation releases it, unfortunately.
TopGunman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:21 am Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sure, if you like trashy Anime that goes along the boarder lines of being a Hentai title.

Too much for you to handle? Just block it from the list if don't like and quit nagging.

Black Jack (2004)
Zettai Karen Children
Umineko No Naku Koro Ni (accidental copy/paste title)
Moretsu Pirates
Area no Kishi

There, no Qwaser, happy now? No? Didn't think so. You're a waste of time.

the Rancorous wrote:

High School DxD isn't hardcore enough for you? Razz

I haven't watched it, and it's not a priority for me atm because I have better things to look at. Like Monster. Qwaser and other 'close to hentai' stuff are shows to watch when you've got nothing else to watch and have time to kill.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:23 am Reply with quote
TD912: It's probably because Level E's such a divisive show. I'd probably get it on DVD, if only to voice my support for non-moe titles.

Anyway, I just hope this means Viz is more interested in publishing the manga.
Yorozuya

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Awesome, hope it gets a DVD release.
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:41 pm Reply with quote
I WISH Funimation would Release the other titles they hold on to instead of collecting new stuff. They are sitting on things like Index and Railgun as well as Shana season 2 with no release dates in site. Yet they keep sucking up new titles and getting those out the door with little problems.

I would hope to see season 2 of index picked up and the movie as well. waiting for release dates of old titles picked up. one title i would like to see them pick up from the dead bandai-ent would be Gosick.
ZepysGirl

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Yay! I'm totally buying this whenever it comes out. Anime smile
rootsofjustice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Catseyetiger wrote:
I WISH Funimation would Release the other titles they hold on to instead of collecting new stuff. They are sitting on things like Index and Railgun as well as Shana season 2 with no release dates in site. Yet they keep sucking up new titles and getting those out the door with little problems.

I would hope to see season 2 of index picked up and the movie as well. waiting for release dates of old titles picked up. one title i would like to see them pick up from the dead bandai-ent would be Gosick.

Unfortunately Shana, Tenchi, Black Lagoon and Index/Railgun (among others) are caught in enormous amounts of red tape. FUNimation chose the wrong time to license them, as Geneon Entertainment (yes, it still exists in Japan) and Universal Entertainment Japan began a lengthy merger process in 2009 and it has yet to conclude. They finally managed to shake Hellsing Ultimate loose which leads me to believe that the logjam will soon be cleared.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:37 pm Reply with quote
rootsofjustice wrote:
Catseyetiger wrote:

Unfortunately Shana, Tenchi, Black Lagoon and Index/Railgun (among others) are caught in enormous amounts of red tape. FUNimation chose the wrong time to license them, as Geneon Entertainment (yes, it still exists in Japan) and Universal Entertainment Japan began a lengthy merger process in 2009 and it has yet to conclude. They finally managed to shake Hellsing Ultimate loose which leads me to believe that the logjam will soon be cleared.

Sentai has also managed to get a few Gu titles out the door, so most of the issues with the merger should be solved. Hopefully they will start trickling out. However, I can understand how so many people are disappointed and annoyed by the situation, regardless of who is at fault.
agila61

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Yorozuya wrote:
Awesome, hope it gets a DVD release.

Of course there's going to be a DVD release. "No plans were announced" means exactly what it says: Funimation did not specify what the plans for the DVD release are ~ when, what format, whether it will be a dual DVD/BD set.

Likely because they have not finalized their home distribution plans yet.

In one of the summer cons after they've finalized their plans, there will be an announcement of the plans. And then the "why streaming only" questioners will be long forgotten and the thread will fill with complaints about why they are releasing Level E after X or before Y or why it has a BD included, or why it doesn't have a BD included. And why they didn't license series Z.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Catseyetiger wrote:

At least they aren't ignoring it. If you look at the streaming of the final Shana series on their site, you'll see they list the first episode as episode 49, with the series title as simply Shakugan no Shana.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5