• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Media Factory Poll: Which Novel/Manga Do You Want Animated

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ss-hikaru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:43 am Reply with quote
Oh man a Zaregoto adapation would be wonderful. It would also raise the profile of the series and then maybe, MAYBE, Kodansha would translate the rest of the novels >.<
walrus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:41 am Reply with quote
Hoshi No Samidare.

So much this.

Also a "Tripeace" anime would be nice
TopGunman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:28 am Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:

Episode Zero was technically animated as "Odds and Evens" a recap movie that examined the back stories more.

But it recapped mostly the series, does it have new animation showing their back stories? I don't know since it's not available anywhere but either way, it's better to have something made specifically for Episode Zero

Lynx Amali wrote:
Battlefield is turning out to be filling a lot of plot holes Wing had. (The ship Heero shoots down early on being filled with Gundanium, Treize having the plans for the Epyon way early which is what said Gundanium was for, HeavyArms having even more missiles, etc)

So if it explains certain things, isn't that more reason to animate it so as to make the AW timeline 'more complete'?

Lynx Amali wrote:
And Frozen Teardrop? You ARE kidding, right? It's a steaming pile of crap that makes SEED Destiny look like a freaking masterpiece.

I don't know what everyone's beef is with Gundam SEED Destiny because I liked it a lot. I like the antihero type characters, ie Shin.

Lynx Amali wrote:
No. Seriously. They totally take the ending of Endless Waltz and dump on it. It's god awful fan fiction. The ending line of EW was "And Mobile Suits were never seen again" doesn't apply to FT, despite taking place after.

Is it wrong to 'retcon' what's said and done? EW assumed that the Gundams ALWAYS looked like their redesigns shown in the movie during the series. In fact a flashback wherespoiler[ Wufei saw his home colony being destroyed was animated to have the Altron Custom in the place of the original.].

I will admit, I have yet to read FT, but Wing is my favorite of the bunch and I just want to see more of it. Hell, they can make future releases cut out the narrator saying 'MS were never seen again' - Besides, I personally didn't like hearing that.
sainta

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:33 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Pokemon Special

OF COURSE!!
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:52 am Reply with quote
ArsenicSteel wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
ArsenicSteel wrote:

Popularity is a nebulous concept. Sales is only a single consideration when discussing popularity.

Of course. That's why I added 'Not in terms of sales at least'. There are very few tractable methods of measuring popularity. But for novels it's pretty easy to say that the author who sells the most books is the most popular. Though if you have a better measuring stick then I'm all ears.

I thought by agreeing that popularity is a nebulous concept you'd see that it isn't something that can be objectively measured simply by sales. The notoriety of the author isn't found in sales statistics.

I'll repeat. If you have a better way to measure the popularity of an author, I'm all ears. Until then you're not making a case for anything. I'm willing to agree that sales isn't the most accurate way to measure popularity, but you have to provide me with some other way. I'm genuinely curious as to what factors you think should be taken into account.
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:18 pm Reply with quote
If games count then I want to see little busters get animated but the manga I want to see animated most is definently Yotsuba&! And I'll tell you why, 3 years ago I picked up my first manga, it was called Yotsuba&!, I ,laughed and fell in love witht he book, my friend told me about anime's and how manga's tend to get anime's made after them. So that night I went on to Youtube to see if I could find a Yotsuba anime and I found the Yotuba characters parodying the Azumanga Daioh opening, seeing as this was my first manga I thought it was real only to have my hopes shattered when I read it wasn't. So I just started watching Azumanga Daioh. It's not that I don't love the animes I watch, I really do but I don't think I'll ever be compltely satisfied until I see at least one proffessionally animated clip with Yotsuba in it.
opn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:48 pm Reply with quote
yotsubafanfan wrote:
If games count then I want to see little busters get animated but the manga I want to see animated most is definently Yotsuba&! And I'll tell you why, 3 years ago I picked up my first manga, it was called Yotsuba&!, I ,laughed and fell in love witht he book, my friend told me about anime's and how manga's tend to get anime's made after them. So that night I went on to Youtube to see if I could find a Yotsuba anime and I found the Yotuba characters parodying the Azumanga Daioh opening, seeing as this was my first manga I thought it was real only to have my hopes shattered when I read it wasn't. So I just started watching Azumanga Daioh. It's not that I don't love the animes I watch, I really do but I don't think I'll ever be compltely satisfied until I see at least one proffessionally animated clip with Yotsuba in it.

1. for little busters as much as i would absolutely love for one to happen key doesnt want one to happen unless kyo ani does it and they said their busy with other stuff (like milking k-on to death)
2. the yotsuba creator doesnt want a anime made since he didn't like the azumanga daioh anime.
zensunni

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:21 am Reply with quote
I'm sad that the one I would most like to see isn't on this list:

Sayonara Piano Sonata

The music alone would be ten different shades of awesome!
Sariachan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:06 pm Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
Papochulo wrote:
Why is "The Twelve Kingdoms" on this list since it was already an anime?

They are probably expressing the desire for a complete animation of the material in the light novels.

That would be awesome! Very Happy

I wonder when they'll made an anime series (probably more than one season) based on Harry Potter... because you know they will make it. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:27 pm Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:
wall of text

1. Odds and Evens doesn't necessarily have new scenes. For the most part, the dialogue is entirely new though.

2. Battlefield can't really be animated without it being marketed as a remake because that's really all it is so far. They haven't been major plot differences or anything. It's only minor stuff that's getting filled in.

3. SEED Destiny gets a lot of hate because of the writing and plot hax lord, Jesus Yamato, spoiler[escaping a blast (A NUCLEAR BLAST that was slightly under the Freedom's cockpit) that would have killed any other character.] They also demote Cagalli's character to nearly useless and bring Mwu back because "Fan demand" totally making his actions at the end of SEED pointless.

4. Frozen Teardrop's plot is terrible. Basic summary; 20-30 years after EW, Heero is frozen, Duo and Hilde get married in between and have a kid who they name Duo. Trowa and Quattre design new MS. Quattre has a drastically younger sister who (conveniently) looks like Quattre. Assasination attempt on the head of the Mars Government. Not to mention Dorothy being head of the Earth Sphere.

You have characters who were never mentioned in the TV series at all. Take Noin's half brother for instance. You have Nano-tech which was never built up. Not to mention, you never see the new MS designs other than WHITE Epyon without any differences.

EDIT: Tags added.

Last edited by Lynx Amali on Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sariachan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the Gundam Seed Destiny spoilers, Lynx Amali. Mad

Couldn't you have used the spoiler tag?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
stevek504

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Zaregoto was very good. I found myself waiting for book 2 to arrive (always a good sign). However, I would put Kieli at the top of my list for novel to be animated. I haven't been waiting this long for a pre-order to arrive in years (the last Kieli volume ended on a cliffhanger).
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:14 pm Reply with quote
As of now, the following placers have become anime:

10 Cuticle Tantei Inaba Mochi manga 64
11 Magi (article) Shinobu Ohtaka manga 62
16 Karneval Touya Mikanagi manga 49
20 Hentai Ōji to Warawanai Neko. Sou Sagara novel
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:37 pm Reply with quote
The Mad Manga Massacre wrote:
By "turned into anime" do they mean a TV series? Confused Otherwise I'm not quite certain why Nausicaa is on that list.

Because the movie is a very liberal adaptation of the first 20% of the manga, Miyazaki had to compress the themes of the manga into a two hour movie at a time when he had written only a quarter of it. The whole manga is very different from Nausicaa, the film, and it would take a very fast paced 26 episode series to flesh it out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4