• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Mekakucity Actors (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dandelion_rose

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9

This was a good episode, animation short-cuts aside. It covers a lot of the things that aren't immediately clear even after you tie all the music videos together.

The final episode titles have been revealed and Outer Science is not part of it Sad. I guess it makes sense if the music video, novel and manga timelines are 'previous timelines', although I do wish that spoiler[Kuroha] would appear. Come on animators, you promised.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:18 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

So their teacher is spoiler[possessed by one of the snakes that give them power]? I assumed that Marry spoiler[was the queen from a bunch of hints], but the end seemed to spoiler[imply something like Ene's body is being kept for the queen to go into].
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:39 am Reply with quote
Oh wow....that OP song. I don't even know what to say to that but maybe it might be different in the BD's?

The latest episode imo was kinda spoiler[meh. I did like the first half though and some of the talk about the snakes and world.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:07 am Reply with quote
The episode 9 opener, wow I don't know who they got to do the animation for that sequence but it was uncanny valley territory.

I could simply be spoiled off other series that have done 3d cg much better, but it was still tricky to watch.
dandelion_rose

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:16 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

- They are clearly not going to finish this story by Episode 12 at this rate.

- I'm disappointed that Outer Science is limited to only one short montage about what happens to Marry.

- I like the fancy tower Marry lives in.

- Finally get to hear / see a bit more Kuroha.

- It's just so awkward to have Otsukimi Recital as the next episode right after the dark developments in previous episodes.

- Right now I'm really confused. I was expecting that the anime will get another bad end where (Outer Science music video spoiler) spoiler[everybody dies and Marry restarts time] but with Otsukimi Recital coming next and Outer Science reduced to mere montage then it seems that we are getting a happy end. And if we're getting a happy end I would feel really cheated out. So many things feel unresolved.

Last edited by dandelion_rose on Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
shiranehito

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:06 am Reply with quote
Wow, I keep watching this series but I was never really up for discussion until this episode.

Episode 10
I like the story of Azami and Shion. At least now we know what causes Marry to be the center of everything.

I was slightly taken aback because one of the spoiler[angry mob -and the only one who knows that messing with Azami is a bad thing- looks just like Seto. I mean, not only he looks like him, but he's actually voiced by Seto's VA Soichiro Hoshi as well!]

Also, is Tsukihiko spoiler[blind]? Because I never see him with his eyes open. Or it's just the character design?

And somehow I just realized how uncanny the resemblance between Konoha and Marry. White hair, pink eyes. I thought perhaps it has something to do with Tsukihiko's appearance (even though yes we know Konoha is the avatar drawn by Haruka) spoiler[and that's why I was asking about Tsukihiko's eyes.]

Next is Otsukimi Recital. I must say that Otsukimi Recital is my least favorite song from KagePro, so I'm not really waiting for it.

12 episode won't make it, I swear. But I believe KagePro won't end in the animation series. KagePro is like multimedia project, so I guess the anime itself is just one part spoiler[or perhaps "timeline"] of the series. The light novel is still ongoing, and I believe that the creator is currently using light novel as his main media.

Also, episode 12 is spoiler[Children Record -which is the "opening" for Kagerou project.] Does it imply that this whole anime is just a spoiler["prologue"]?
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:39 am Reply with quote
I thought episode 10 was actually one of the better episodes...

Poor spoiler[Shion and Mary. Imo, the real monsters are the punks that were trying to hurt the both of them. Like usual, we get some of the snake gimmicks again. The song was alright I guess.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:46 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

So Marry spoiler[is the granddaughter of the gorgon like monster, who went into another world to avoid hurting her family, but created some sort of limbo that take people who die at a certain time and the monster now tries to spare people from living in the pandemonium by passing her own power to them]? And based on the ED it looks like spoiler[everyone dies somehow and Marry makes some sort of wish world thing that restarts everything over again]?

Well I liked the style here, atmosphere is kept pretty well. Also all the guys who have read or watched the other media, I have been meaning to say this for a while, but forum rules dictate that you make it perfectly clear what source you are putting spoilers about. If you guys put information regarding the other media, then say it before hand so you are not ruining it for the rest of us.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:21 pm Reply with quote
So, about the hair comments this episode. To us, the hair spoiler[of our "Monster" characters look normal, but I noticed that the hair is pointed out and looked at with disgust by the villagers. Mary and her mother both blonde (White? Nuclear?) haired, while Mary's grandmother had black hair. So, is it that we see it as normal hair and everyone else sees it as snake hair, or...?]
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:20 am Reply with quote
just watch few eps. I have to agree on people who think this is similar to monogatari series. Similar art and story telling style also.
Even the forum is similar, little or no discussion.
Student no.0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:18 am Reply with quote
Anyone know why the first BD has so many low votes on amazon before it's even been released? I mean, SHAFT has had a good record of fixing up the animation on disc releases, and this anime could use that quite a bunch of that too.
dandelion_rose

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:55 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Well I liked the style here, atmosphere is kept pretty well. Also all the guys who have read or watched the other media, I have been meaning to say this for a while, but forum rules dictate that you make it perfectly clear what source you are putting spoilers about. If you guys put information regarding the other media, then say it before hand so you are not ruining it for the rest of us.

Sorry about that. I've always watched the anime as a way of connecting the events already revealed in the music videos together, and the anime has scenes that imply it was intended for someone who already had prior knowledge of previous media incarnations of the story (or 'timelines' as it puts it).

Anyway, I edited my previous comment.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11

I do get the beginning of the series now, he was spoiler[trying to remember a past timeline so that he would know what to do to save the day now]. What was bad was suddenly having spoiler[Ene back in her body] which made me feel like I missed something.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:37 am Reply with quote
Episode 11
This is all just my speculation / thoughts, but seeing that Shintarou spoiler[suddenly in his room, while on the previous scene he was supposed to be in Marry's room, I think the episodes -even though seemingly connect to each other- perhaps are not actually in the same timeline.] I think perhaps in this (episode 11) spoiler[timeline, Shintarou was never in Mekakushi-dan in the first place, Ene never gotten herself as computer program (or she got her body back before Otsukimi starts) because no one seems to be weirded out with her in Takane body.]

The scene where they got spoiler[mass murdered by the black-clad guy, which sadly we only got few glimpses of it] hints that in the previous spoiler[timeline, Marry and Konoha went after Momo, Kido, and the rest of the gang where they got abducted into the lab, and that's where the (Black) Konoha killed them and forced Marry to reset the timeline. Also, Takane and Shintarou were not present in the scene.]

Is it also possible that spoiler[the most intelligent snake was possessing different people in different timeline? It does look like it mostly resides inside Kenjirou, but at times we know it's dark Konoha. The snake in Kenjirou said that it can be done by "resetting" and the one who forced Marry to reset was dark Konoha.]

Also, next episode is Summertime Record -even though I'm 100% sure that it was listed as Children Record-
Sudden production change, eh?
Treeborn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:21 am Reply with quote
Well, Summertime Record is spoiler[an alright ending]. I was a little worried when Shintarouspoiler[ played with those scissors in the beginning, but it all worked out]. Didn't like Ene spoiler[suddenly getting her body back, though.] Also don't understand exactly how they spoiler[successfully broke into a guarded facility,] but well there you go. Definitely looking forward to next episode :p

Last edited by Treeborn on Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6