• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Addresses Audio Issues on Code Geass R2 Release

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:00 am Reply with quote
While I generally would say to be happy you are getting a physical release with an uncut dub at all, this case is different. I use the Funi site for streaming and news. I will use BoA's MyAnimeList blog before deciding to do buy a boxset.
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:41 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
While I generally would say to be happy you are getting a physical release with an uncut dub at all, this case is different. I use the Funi site for streaming and news. I will use BoA's MyAnimeList blog before deciding to do buy a boxset.
Instead of just using that single blog post about FUNimation (which doesn't cover only their releases), I'd recommend looking at reviews, the Blu-ray.com forums, and the Fandom Post forums if you're ever worried about possible problems with a release, FUNimation or not.
http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/forumdisplay.php?34-US-Blu-ray-DVD-and-Simulcast-Industry-News
http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/forumdisplay.php?31-Glitch-Disc
http://forum.blu-ray.com/forumdisplay.php?f=180

That's how I discover many of these issues whenever they pop up, and of course there's also Twitter, but you need to be following the right people (i.e. People that buy and talk about releases and follow this sort of news). They're also where the sources came from on this post I'm still working on.
https://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=780198 (The point of this is to inform people of issues, many of these I didn't know of until I was told about them from people who heard of them when they were new)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:02 am Reply with quote
Given Funimation's licensing sprees and broadcast dub output, this is ridiculous. I find their old motto of "You should be watching" to be quite appropriate. I think they should do 5-6 broadcast dubs a season to better quality control
Kalessin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:31 am Reply with quote
Well, fortunately, Funimation has now confirmed that they're going to be replacing the discs. I e-mailed them asking for replacement discs, and this was part of their response:

Quote:
We are sorry to hear that your copy of Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 Season Two set was affected by the recent audio issue. We are working towards a solution and should have replacement discs available within 6-8 weeks. If you would like to ensure that you receive a replacement when they become available, please respond to this e-mail with the following information:
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:25 am Reply with quote
BigOnAnime wrote:
Ah, just checked AoA's page, and it's like that too, weird. I don't use Facebook much to begin with so... So I guess FUNi didn't do that, but if they did, that'd just further be throwing salt in the wounds of the disgruntled fans.

[Edit]Someone just told me on Twitter Sentai's page is unaffected, so that makes it even weirder.

comments section for funi's facebook has returned, Viz and AoA's are still MIA
relyat08

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:34 am Reply with quote
Kalessin wrote:
Well, fortunately, Funimation has now confirmed that they're going to be replacing the discs. I e-mailed them asking for replacement discs, and this was part of their response:

Quote:
We are sorry to hear that your copy of Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 Season Two set was affected by the recent audio issue. We are working towards a solution and should have replacement discs available within 6-8 weeks. If you would like to ensure that you receive a replacement when they become available, please respond to this e-mail with the following information:

Got that email last night too. Sent the relevant information, so hopefully in 6-8 weeks I'll be getting some sort of notification about my new copies. Ideally they'll make a mass social media post, or a press release when the time comes.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:52 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
Kalessin wrote:

Quote:

Got that email last night too. Sent the relevant information, so hopefully in 6-8 weeks I'll be getting some sort of notification about my new copies. Ideally they'll make a mass social media post, or a press release when the time comes.

I didn't get an email from them regarding my Code Geass R2 discs yet, but they did email me about replacing my broken Shiki blu-ray case they sent me. So I got progress on something, just not the something I wanted.
CostlyAxis

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:41 pm Reply with quote
I don't think I saw anyone asking this, but how do I identify if my CE set has this defect? Like Scottran7, I don't hear anything out of the ordinary and my PC also identifies the track to be 2.0 Dolby. I can't find a way to check this with my other Bluray players though.

I won't be watching the dub version so I'm probably never going to notice unless I know what to specifically listen for to check.
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:58 am Reply with quote
CostlyAxis wrote:
I don't think I saw anyone asking this, but how do I identify if my CE set has this defect? Like Scottran7, I don't hear anything out of the ordinary and my PC also identifies the track to be 2.0 Dolby. I can't find a way to check this with my other Bluray players though.

I won't be watching the dub version so I'm probably never going to notice unless I know what to specifically listen for to check.
All of the sets are affected, every single one because this is an authoring issue. Every single disc, DVD, BD no matter what release of S2 is affected. Also watch these videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BvyeDXsZ10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCQzTA8sE7k
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CostlyAxis

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:58 am Reply with quote
BigOnAnime wrote:
CostlyAxis wrote:

All of the sets are affected, every single one because this is an authoring issue. Every single disc, DVD, BD no matter what release of S2 is affected. Also watch these videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BvyeDXsZ10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCQzTA8sE7k

Interesting. I'm not going to go through the effort to rip the audio track to personally verify, but I'll take your word. I'll reach out to FUNimation to see what they say seeing as I actually bought two copies of the CE (yes, I like Code Geass that much).

I should probably also ask about the peeling on both of my CE boxes and the crinkles in the plastic sleeves for the discs.... It's on the same level as the Cowboy Bebop CE release.
Crowjack

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:37 am Reply with quote
Can someone please tell me where the codes are located that they want us to send in? Is it on the CE artbox, Blu-ray case, or the box that it was shipped to me in? If it is located on the box everthing was shipped to me in then that really sucks for me. I threw that away shortly after I got everything. They are asking for 1 code and if you don't have it they are asking for a pic with the Code Geass Blu-ray and a sheet of paper with your name, email, and some code that is suppsed to be before all rights reserved. But wherever it says all rights reserved anywhere on my Code Geass stuff it doesnt start with the letters they say that it is suppsed to start with. Also I got my CE set from Rightstuf and I am not sure if it would have the same codes they want if it is on the shipping box. Any help that someone on the forums can give in helping me locate where to find the codes that Funimation needs will be greatly appreciated. I emailed Funi for help but have yet to get a response. Thanks to everyone in advance for your time and effort in helping this idiot get this sorted out.
CostlyAxis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:54 am Reply with quote
Crowjack wrote:
Can someone please tell me where the codes are located that they want us to send in? Is it on the CE artbox, Blu-ray case, or the box that it was shipped to me in? If it is located on the box everthing was shipped to me in then that really sucks for me. I threw that away shortly after I got everything. They are asking for 1 code and if you don't have it they are asking for a pic with the Code Geass Blu-ray and a sheet of paper with your name, email, and some code that is suppsed to be before all rights reserved. But wherever it says all rights reserved anywhere on my Code Geass stuff it doesnt start with the letters they say that it is suppsed to start with. Also I got my CE set from Rightstuf and I am not sure if it would have the same codes they want if it is on the shipping box. Any help that someone on the forums can give in helping me locate where to find the codes that Funimation needs will be greatly appreciated. I emailed Funi for help but have yet to get a response. Thanks to everyone in advance for your time and effort in helping this idiot get this sorted out.

For the code part, they want 1 of the 3 options they provided. You can scan your receipt. Or you can take a picture of your product with a piece of paper with the requested information (name and email address). Or you can provide that "WP" code which I personally could not find either (I ordered from RightStuf and FUNimation).

The FN is on the spine of the CE box. I also provided the order numbers just in case (I bought two copies).
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:58 pm Reply with quote
I recieved my replacement discs, but they sent me Disc 1 and 2 in DVD format instead of blu-ray, and now they have to send me MORE replacement discs! Check your discs everyone!
CostlyAxis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Same. I just got mine in the mail too, but the first two discs are DVD with 3/4 being Blu-ray. I was also supposed to get two copies as I own two sets of the release, but did not.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Lol, well this is great. Apparently mine have shipped by I haven't gotten them yet. Hopefully I won't be getting DVD copies on accident. That seems like the silliest oversight. I wonder how they even made that mistake.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6