• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Girls' Last Tour

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:47 pm Reply with quote
@ultimatehaki
Pointing out that Girls' Last Tour is not going to turn into some sort of tearjerker,is not spoiler in my opinion.(is the meaning behind my musings)

@[b]vonPeterhof[/b],except in SukaSuka,Wilhem's world spoiler[ did end ] lol.

@dvls_advocate,again this story is of slice of life genre,of the iyashikei trope.
I posted the official site so you could verify it for yourself (the author has posted her thoughts over there)
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Quote:
Yuu remains nonplussed
I'm glad Yuu didn't run Chito through the grinder. And that they never employed their "falling the opposite way" plan, or they'd be hanging there still...

But it did stop Chi from taking a header when she fell through the pipe.

As for the shape of the taters,a bit of whimsy from the author and given the year(3230)and the shortages..a bit of genetic engineering.
Sidenote:November 7th,3230 at 9:39 pm twas when they made the 2nd batch Smile as per the camera.

Also Yuu brought up a very good point to Chi,all she needed to do was run to the side,made me laugh(Youtube's CinemaSins calls it the "The Prometheus School of Running Away").
Sparvid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Nordhmmer wrote:
Rest assured Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou is indeed of the iyashikei trope slice of life.
At no point does the author kill off her daughters.So you can relax and ponder life, as these two stoner girls muddle on through hopelessness with joy and a lot of hope in their hearts.

And as seen with Kanazawa and Ishii, so far no characters who've shown up in present time have been killed off. Even though the premise of Chito and Yuuri always moving onward and upwards means that it's extremely unlikely either of them will ever show up again.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Nordhmmer wrote:
But it did stop Chi from taking a header when she fell through the pipe.

Nah, that was more of a belay situation. If they're both hanging off opposite sides of the pipe it would be extremely difficult to get back on top of it again.
dvls_advocate

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:46 am Reply with quote
Nordhmmer wrote:
@ultimatehaki
Pointing out that Girls' Last Tour is not going to turn into some sort of tearjerker,is not spoiler in my opinion.(is the meaning behind my musings)

@[b]vonPeterhof[/b],except in SukaSuka,Wilhem's world spoiler[ did end ] lol.

@dvls_advocate,again this story is of slice of life genre,of the iyashikei trope.
I posted the official site so you could verify it for yourself (the author has posted her thoughts over there)

Ok. Thanks for the link.
Dai_Setsudan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:40 pm Reply with quote
So I only picked this show up about a week ago (before episode 7 came out) to fill the void after dropping Kino's Journey and WOW I love this show!

I don't know if this is a really weird comparison but it's the first show I've come across that I think really nails the same kind of atmosphere that Mushi-shi had (and thinking about it that show also put way more detail into the environments than the characters).

Although the potato plants surprised me a little too. I could've sworn Ishii had said they were blocks of powdered potato in the previous episode. Oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:18 am Reply with quote
Nordhmmer wrote:
@ultimatehaki

Just to make sure, I was just giving a definition of what a spoiler is not accusing you of giving one. I wouldn't consider saying "don't worry, this show won't crush your soul" a spoiler either. Laughing
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:38 pm Reply with quote
ultimatehaki wrote:
Nordhmmer wrote:
@ultimatehaki

Just to make sure, I was just giving a definition of what a spoiler is not accusing you of giving one. I wouldn't consider saying "don't worry, this show won't crush your soul" a spoiler either. Laughing

The closest thing you'll get in this series is spoiler[the loss of the Kettenkrad]. Not sure if that will happen in the anime, though. The material's mostly harmless. Not sure why people are expecting otherwise.
wastrel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:51 pm Reply with quote
ultimatehaki wrote:
I wouldn't consider saying "don't worry, this show won't crush your soul" a spoiler either. Laughing

I would consider it a spoiler.

I don't want to know anything about a show before I watch it, other than the marketing blurb that describes it enough to pique my interest.

Yet there isn't an anime forum that I've found yet where those who have read ahead in the manga will shut their festering pie holes and let others have the enjoyment of discovering it for themselves. Not just this show, not just this forum, but any show, and every forum.

The only solution, it seems, is simply to not read the forums, or even the damn articles (since article writers can't shut up either).

So go ahead and ban me, mods, since being here just ruins anime for me anyway.
Polycell

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:20 pm Reply with quote
There are even cell phones with their chargers still attached this episode. Really makes you wonder what happened that the city's completely abandoned yet still in such good shape.

EDIT: While I'm at it, a good number of people think it looks like Chito gave Yuuri a kiss after tackling her. Thoughts?
#Verso.Sciolto

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:00 am Reply with quote
It is too tempting not to refer to "spiralling out of control" in a reaction to this stellar episode. Tempting to speak of reaching new heights too ...

As the banter between Yuuri and Chito indicated, and thus the self-aware animators acknowledged, not everyone can turn the mundane into something profound - but they can.
#Verso.Sciolto

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:33 am Reply with quote
wastrel wrote:
It is a very good point and I am sympathetic while also guilty as charged. It is very tempting to spoil and very easy to spoil inadvertently as well. For series for which I absolutely don't want to know it does seem that not reading forum threads and reviews for that particular story is the only recourse and even then a casual remark in an unrelated thread is easily made and frequently encountered....
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:40 am Reply with quote
wastrel wrote:
ultimatehaki wrote:
I wouldn't consider saying "don't worry, this show won't crush your soul" a spoiler either. Laughing

I don't want to know anything about a show before I watch it, other than the marketing blurb that describes it enough to pique my interest.

Yet there isn't an anime forum that I've found yet where those who have read ahead in the manga will shut their festering pie holes and let others have the enjoyment of discovering it for themselves. Not just this show, not just this forum, but any show, and every forum.

The only solution, it seems, is simply to not read the forums, or even the damn articles (since article writers can't shut up either).

OK see I don't get this. Just look at this show. Even if you don't know exactly what you're getting, I'm sure you had some idea of what it wouldn't be. It's like going to a Disney movie and saying "Well I figured there wasn't going to be any sex, but I'm mad that you told me".
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:14 am Reply with quote
With Episode 8, GLT just continues to be one of my favorites of the season. The episode was very poignant and I hope that this show’s staff can keep up the good work. Smile
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:49 am Reply with quote
wastrel wrote:
ultimatehaki wrote:

I agree with you 1000%. Source material readers - the ones who insist on posting comments without spoiler tags - are the bane of my existence. If there was an anime site that banned users from even ADMITTING they had read the source material never mind actually posting information from it, I would join in a second.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10