• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Inuyasha Confirmed to End Next Wednesday in Japan

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:38 am Reply with quote
It's amazing that this manga could last for over 11 years, but unfortunately, I think what we have for an ending to the anime is all we'll ever have. At best, they might have an OVA but I really doubt it.
suna_suna

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:13 am Reply with quote
if it's going to have any kind of satisfying ending, it'll need alot of pages to tie any loose ends.
jeromeskee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:47 am Reply with quote
I've been an avid follower of the Inuyasha manga for many years and it's very bittersweet that the series is finally ending.......Takahashi's art in Inuyasha = awesome......It's honestly been my favorite manga every week for many years now. I really enjoyed the current final arc, the Moryomaru arc (the art in this arc was awesome), and the Shichinintai arc. Despite how sad I am to see the series finally come to an end, I'm pleased with the way Takahashi has decided to end the series on a great note! Inuyasha is a classic shonen manga and will now be enjoyed in its entirety for future generations! Now Sunrise, PLEASE give Inuyasha's anime a proper ending! With the remaining chapters of manga left, I think they could certainly do a solid 62 episode TV series. IMO, it would be tough to shorten it in a short OVA or movie series. We'll see how far fan demand can go to get Sunrise to do it considering how busy they are with Code Geass, Gundam, and Gin Tama, but, hey, anything's possible as long as the fans want it rite......
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:23 am Reply with quote
spoiler[Inu Yasha finally realises his feeling for Kagome, proposes and she excepts. Later she has a litter of black and silver haired pups. ]End of story. Laughing
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:54 am Reply with quote
5 years ago i laughed at this comic, it still makes me laugh today
http://www.tsunamichannel.com/index.php?date=2003-03-11&comic=Parody

I could never get into inu myself, tomuch like Ranma but not enough like it, at the same time.

-Gabe
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:52 am Reply with quote
Actually, anyone else think it'll end Fushigi Yuugi-style?

You know, spoiler[ have Kagome back at home and discovering a black haired boy her age wandering around in her world]
Josh7289

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Bah...I want to read this, but I don't know Japanese well enough and there's no way I'm going to read Viz's left-to-right version.
Proman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:24 pm Reply with quote
In a way, this is an end of an era, just like when eash of Rumiko's major works ended. I wonder what her next project will be like?
Satiety

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:29 pm Reply with quote
oh wow, I thought it already ended... I've only watched the anime and I thought it ended just like that. Didn't bother reading the manga or anything.

I'm kinda hoping there will be a continuation of the anime. Though, I WAS sick of it chasing Naraku for the longest and repetitious time, I really need to know the ending. My friend would be overly excited, lol.
Chiaki777

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:15 pm Reply with quote
What? It was still going?

Wait, people still cared?

Good riddance, maybe she'll draw something worth reading again, now that she's done with this.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Chiaki777 wrote:

Good riddance, maybe she'll draw something worth reading again, now that she's done with this.

Let's predict what Rumiko Takahashi's next manga will be!

My first guess is a comedy-drama-action-adventure set on a spaceship in the year 2034. Onboard there's a highly skilled (and handsome!) officer who might have psychic powers and loves to eat. His foil is a spunky independent medical officer who might have feelings for him, but she expresses it in a childish, almost abusive way. He responds by losing his temper at her every now and then and apologizing.

Potential Chapter Count: 768
Number of times they almost say "I love you" but then don't: 768

My second guess is a comedy-drama-action-adventure set in a mythical world where faeries with elemental powers do battle with encroaching Human deforestation, which threatens their society. A fresh-faced Lieutenant in the fight against the Humans, highly skilled (and handsome!) has considerable Fire magic powers and has a lecherous penchant for women with large breasts. His foil is a spunky independent cadet who might have feelings for him, but she expresses it in a childish, almost abusive way. He responds by losing his temper at her every now and then and apologizing.

Potential Chapter Count: 867
Number of times they almost say "I love you" but then don't: 867
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Zac:
Quote:
My first guess is a comedy-drama-action-adventure set on a spaceship in the year 2034.

I thought that was Maris the Chojo.

Quote:
My second guess is a comedy-drama-action-adventure set in a mythical world where faeries with elemental powers do battle with encroaching Human deforestation, which threatens their society.

Isn't that Mermaid Forest?
Chiaki777

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:

Potential Chapter Count: 768
Number of times they almost say "I love you" but then don't: 768

Potential Chapter Count: 867
Number of times they almost say "I love you" but then don't: 867

There in lies the problem my friend. She just doesn't know when to stop. Ranma was the same way when I read through all 36 volumes. I was starting to wonder why I still bought the series at vol. 29 or so.

She needs to come up with stories that can have a resolution, and ones that don't rely on the same gag going on for hundreds of chapters. I liked her short story works much more. They have an interesting preface, and they lay the story down. The gags are there, the style is the same, but there's still a kind of "freshness" in those works.
bossyman15

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:13 am Reply with quote
i never brought any of Inuyasha manga because of VIZ!
for god's sake they "flipped" the images so it reads the "america" way.

i demand the japanese way!

oh and make it UNEDITED!

not holding my breath tho...
Moomintroll

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:10 am Reply with quote
bossyman15 wrote:
i never brought any of Inuyasha manga because of VIZ!
for god's sake they "flipped" the images so it reads the "america" way.

Viz started releasing Inuyasha years before any US company was releasing unflipped manga.

Quote:
i demand the japanese way!

It's readily available "the Japanese way".

Of course, "the Japanese way" involves the manga being written in Japanese.

I think most people (myself included) would much prefer to read English adaptations of manga unflipped but going without something you think you'll enjoy solely because it has been flipped is pretty bloody stupid.

Ode To Kirihito, Tekkon Kinkreet, Pure Trance, Blade Of The Immortal and The Push Man (to name but a few) are all exceptional, critically acclaimed manga - are you really going to avoid them all because they're flipped (or re-ordered in the case of BotI)?

How about stuff printed before unflipped manga became common that will probably never be re-released? You'd avoid some absolute classics (Aqua Knight springs to mind but there are hundreds of others) just on the basis that they're flipped?

Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6