• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Ro-Kyu-Bu, Loups-Garous, ef

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:41 am Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:

I recall there being some brouhaha when Clannad initially came out over butchered subs, but I can't recall if that was for spelling errors, which while annoying I can deal with, or if it was translation errors, which are pretty much unforgivable. Either way, I can't remember what the specifics on it were, but I haven't had any problems with Sentai, although they're making me consider double dipping to get that Clannad blu-ray. Is that just for the first series, or does that include AS too? I'm still on the fence since even though I adore Clannad and want to see it on blu-ray, I'm just not a big fan of double dipping.

It was mostly over spelling errors. However, when they dubbed them and released complete collections they corrected most of the errors and cleaned everything up. The only Sentai series that there have been issues with since their first batch of releases have been ones that the subs were already created and included in the production materials, such as Koihime Muso.

David Williams did confirm during the panel that both seasons of Clannad are coming to bluray in complete collections. The first season is coming out first.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:01 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Plus, David said they offered to dub Dirty Pair (dammit TRSI), so they're clearly open to doing more dubs, and for niche shows at that.

Don't go misreading things. David Williams said that he offered to dub Dirty Pair for Nozomi, and that was probably only because he's such a big fan of that series and it was probably a dream of his to actually dub the TV series. I think that was a personal comment and had nothing to do with Sentai.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:37 am Reply with quote
Can't wait to see Loups-Garous. Great acquisitions all around, Sentai!
geishageek

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:14 am Reply with quote
Still unsure if this is for the new Gaiden or the Burial OVA's for the Saiyuki release. Either way they will be getting my money.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:30 am Reply with quote
ef - a tale of memories has been in my top five most wanted for years...THANK YOU Sentai!!!!! Very Happy Now, can you please pick up Lovely Complex Wink
UtenaAnthy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:26 pm Reply with quote
njprogfan wrote:
ef - a tale of memories has been in my top five most wanted for years...THANK YOU Sentai!!!!! Very Happy Now, can you please pick up Lovely Complex Wink

Seconded, I would love to watch the rest of that show. Maybe Viz will license it as they released the manga?
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:26 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
Blood- wrote:
I've heard good things about the effers, but I have to admit that none of these titles gave me raging boneage.

Laughing

Women are lucky. we can go out in public and no one will know if there is boneage. or not!

No, but it can be detected by nipple perkiness. Laughing

Anyways, see good thing online shopping is mainstream now, because some of these are the types of titles that'd be hard-sell in B&M stores.
SaharaFrost

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Sentai...the fangirl scream that even Aniplex of America did not get for licensing Madoka...you have officially gotten for licensing ef.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH FOR BRINGING EF TO AMERICA!!!!! Very Happy
prime_pm

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Finally, someone picks up ef. Not too hot about the loli show; in fact, I'm fairly frigid.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
The King of Harts wrote:
Plus, David said they offered to dub Dirty Pair (dammit TRSI), so they're clearly open to doing more dubs, and for niche shows at that.

Don't go misreading things. David Williams said that he offered to dub Dirty Pair for Nozomi, and that was probably only because he's such a big fan of that series and it was probably a dream of his to actually dub the TV series. I think that was a personal comment and had nothing to do with Sentai.

I can understand why it didn't happen but it would have awesome if it had, especially if he personally offered to collaborate on it with them to cut/balance the costs given it's age and that it would have obviously been more of a pet project/labor of love for them to give such an old but loved show a dub, would have been cool.
immortalrite

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:37 am Reply with quote
I was also wondering why it took so long for Ef to be licensed, especially at it has really been the sole constituent of my licensing wish list for some time now. I would be very surprised (and disappointed) if it were relegated to the sub-only DVD-only sector, since Sentai has thus been fairly good about getting their native HD series out on blu-ray. Even so, in spite of my reservations, since this is Sentai at least we can expect a physical release in a quasi-timely manner, unlike a certain other company I could name.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:57 am Reply with quote
So Loups-Garous is getting a release here. I've been very curious about this show. Heard good things about it. So I'm looking forward to seeing it. Hope it's good.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:31 pm Reply with quote
I'll get Ef if it's on bluray. I'll get the Clannad BD too, unless they go batshit with the price, I have a feeling they will, considering the JP release's price was through the roof. Bummer there's no word on more Gintama or Eyeshield.
The Coffee God

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:44 pm Reply with quote
And for those that were questioning it...
It's been confirmed that it is indeed the Saiyuki Gaiden OVA.
jxsilicon9

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:29 pm Reply with quote
So this means the rest of the Golgo 13 episodes will come out November?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7