• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Code Geass Project's Launch Revealed

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peachsncreamsoda

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:10 am Reply with quote
Kyogissun wrote:
bleachigo66 wrote:
peachsncreamsoda wrote:
I'm definitely happy Anime hyper . I loved the show (though it did confuse and annoy me at times) and while this isn't the first 'news' i've heard about it though it does sound alot more official than what I'd heard previously so....

I'm a bit on the fence though because, while part of me thinks Lelouch should spoiler[stay 'dead']... assuming he is, for the story's plot's sake. another part of me hopes he's not because, well... other than a number of other reasons I can't really see anyone else as Zero. But please-for God's sake- let it be a continuation of some sort and not like a side story. Hell i'd even take a different story with new characters and everything (though i'd still rather like to see the continuation) but please no boring side stories or like a remake like FMA.

(though in truth it doesn't matter what they put out cause i'll most likely watch anyways Anime catgrin + sweatdrop ... in fact i know I will Rolling Eyes )

FMA Brotherhood was only a remake for the first few episodes and is continuing to follow the manga like the first series should have!

Yeah, the FMA brotherhood argument doesn't work here. FMA's first series was an alternate retelling because it was forced to be and bones did a decent job telling their own story. Now that the manga is on the road to conclusion, the Brotherhood plot is technically CANON to the main plot.

However, Code Geass is its own series and has no requirements to follow.

Ya know, I gotta agree. I guess I mean't I hoped they don't plan on doing an alternate ending thing or something alternate to the story. (though when I give that much thought, that really wouldn't make much sense either. Or at all for that matter. It also didn't end that long ago either so I suppose that theory goes right out the window.) You would think though that some kind of film or OVA would come out of this first (like a few people are saying), before a season would. Which is what I for some reason keep stubbornly thinking. (Call it hope?). But then they didn't specify anything so maybe there will be/thats what it will be (makes more sense that way anyways. And then that leads me to all other plot theories which in turn gives me a headache. I hope we don't have to wait too long into 2010 to get more news about this Confused
Aylinn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:17 am Reply with quote
I would like to see a remake of the second season, with writing as good as the first season has. Alas, it is unlikely that it happens. Apart from this I don’t care if it is sequel or alternate universe as long as the writing of the new thing is good.

I prefer the option that Lulu is alive and immortal. (Yes, I support the theory that Lulu has Charles’s code). First of all, there is a plausible theory that makes it possible for Lulu to be alive. At least this time Sunrise has a good explanation as to why a certain character is brought back to life. Secondly, if he wanted a permanent peace for a time longer than several or maybe a bit more years, then his sacrifice (if he died) is pointless. He creates the symbol of Zero, but he hasn’t changed human nature, so his achievement is only temporary. Thirdly, Japanese and other nations forgot so easily all the years of mistreatment they received from Britannia. I know that Lulu’s objective is to unite people, but I cannot believe that everyone miraculously forgot about their previous oppressors. There is a lot of potential for a new conflict, IMO.

I don’t think that being alive cheapens his sacrifice, which as I already point out, if he died, have only a temporary effect, it’s not like he can show his face. Plus, he will have to look how all those people he knows are getting old and die. To stay alive and to make sure that everything is going well, this would be a greater sacrifice, in my book.

Before anyone point out that there is Suzaku. IMO, Suzaku is an idiot that has been given a task he cannot handle.

However, I'm interested whether Sunrise make a new main character for Code Geass. It's rather a bold attempt if the previous one is liked so much they will have to create a character that is equally interesting, otherwise some fans may be disappointed in the new series (if it's a new series) like some fans of Darker than Black.

Last edited by Aylinn on Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:34 pm; edited 3 times in total
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:31 am Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
Way to crush my hopes there :o

I though the ending was good, I don't see a need to ruin it.

Actually the way Code Geass ended, its possible that there might be a third season. Though the second season ended nicely, there is still room for more ideas.
LaN-X

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:16 am Reply with quote
I'm reading a lot of "I would like Lelouch back, so he can save the world again" stuff in this thread. Don't get me wrong - I love Lelouch as a character, and while I would love to see him back, I would rather something else to happen with the story. While in R1/R2 a character tried to bring peace, maybe a new character of similar caliber to Lelouch tries to break down what has been created, and instill chaos. With the state the would was in at the end of R2, and the things people must have been thinking I can see this being interesting. While I liked some of the political overtones, I just don't want to see the same type of progression, or the same end goal, as it would be too similar for me.
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:17 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
egoist wrote:
ninjapet wrote:
I hope there making a anime out of one of the spin off manga or novels.

I hope your hopes won't come true. I want to see a follow up, badly. Actually, I'd scream like a fan girl if this is real(been practising "sugoi desu" at work specially for situations like these), and if this is a sequel.
Try practicing your english before that. Also people need to learn to put spoiler tags up ...this thread has quite a few.

Hopefully it's a movie though, 3 series of any anime seems overkill to me.

Err, Mr. Badass. "Practising" might be wrong according to your American dictionary, but not to my British one. Now, why don't you pay more attention before acting overly self-assertive. So, why don't you try practising your English, not "english". Ugh.
Aylinn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:35 am Reply with quote
LaN-X wrote:
I'm reading a lot of "I would like Lelouch back, so he can save the world again" stuff in this thread. Don't get me wrong - I love Lelouch as a character, and while I would love to see him back, I would rather something else to happen with the story. While in R1/R2 a character tried to bring peace, maybe a new character of similar caliber to Lelouch tries to break down what has been created, and instill chaos. With the state the would was in at the end of R2, and the things people must have been thinking I can see this being interesting. While I liked some of the political overtones, I just don't want to see the same type of progression, or the same end goal, as it would be too similar for me.

Yes, but the fact that Lulu is alive doesn’t mean he has to be the main character. Smile
LaN-X

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:58 am Reply with quote
Aylinn wrote:

Yes, but the fact that Lulu is alive doesn’t mean he has to be the main character. Smile

Yes, I suppose I should clarify. I would like to see Lelouch alive. Heck, he could even be the main character. I would just like a new direction for the story.
DFBTG

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:13 am Reply with quote
As much as I loved Code Geass, I'm a bit skeptical as to what they're going to do with it. I rather enjoyed the way it ended, and I'm not entirely sure what they could do sequel wise, and I'm not familiar with any of the spin offs. Of course, if it's not an anime, I probably won't pay it any attention either way. If it is though, I do hope that it's at least as enjoyable as the previous two seasons regardless of what they decide to do.
Reibooi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:28 am Reply with quote
It really depends on what they adapt if this will be worth it or not. If they adapt one of the spin off manga as some have said it will work out ok. Not as good as the original series but won't have any negative impact on it either.

There are a few things they could do with the story after the endingspoiler[ After the end Suzaku is Zero and it seems as if he will have to remain so. So obviosuly there would be a bit to explore there as he has become what he was fighting for so long and that can make for some interesting drama. As long as they don't pull some stupid thing like bringing lelouch back or something it should be ok.]

Only time will tell I guess.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:37 am Reply with quote
I see Charred Knight has started his Code Geass thread shitting again already. Must have nothing at all else going on in his life other than his undying hatred for one anime franchise and trying to stretch the limits of Godwin's Law.

I'm curious to see what project they have in mind, but I'm not sure we're looking at anything like a TV series. Franchise expansion into a side story could always be an option though.
ChocoBar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:42 am Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:
I see Charred Knight has started his Code Geass thread shitting again already. Must have nothing at all else going on in his life other than his undying hatred for one anime franchise and trying to stretch the limits of Godwin's Law.

I'm curious to see what project they have in mind, but I'm not sure we're looking at anything like a TV series. Franchise expansion into a side story could always be an option though.

Translation: A person doesn't like my favorite crappy anime so he must be wrong everyone should have liked Code Geass Rolling Eyes
Yeah...after how R2 left a bad taste in my mouth unless this is a remake/retelling akin to Endless Waltz, I'm not touching this steaming pile of s**t .
JGonspy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:48 am Reply with quote
Sound a bit like a prequel with the "Zero" affixed to it. I know that was the main dude's name and all, but it just jumps out to me like that.

Personally, I don't think I can muster the energy to care. I wasn't a fan of either of the first two, and in spite of its conclusive ending, I'm not surprised they've found a reason to make more of them. I'm sure it'll do well too, and lead to another series, and another...
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:49 am Reply with quote
ChocoBar wrote:
Translation: A person doesn't like my favorite crappy anime so he must be wrong everyone shoulh have liked Code Geass Rolling Eyes
Yeah...after how R2 left a bad taste in my mouth unless this is a remake/retelling akin to Endless Waltz, I'm not touching this steaming pile of s**t .

Translation: Simply because I disliked an anime, that gives me the right to go around calling it whatever I want, whether I offend whoever is around or not. And that gives me the right to use abusive language as well.

Now, if you don't want to be touching this "steaming pile of s**t", why are you even reading the news, and even the comments about it? Give me a break.
ChocoBar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:33 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
ChocoBar wrote:
Translation: A person doesn't like my favorite crappy anime so he must be wrong everyone shoulh have liked Code Geass Rolling Eyes

Translation: Simply because I disliked an anime, that gives me the right to go around calling it whatever I want, whether I offend whoever is around or not. And that gives me the right to use abusive language as well.

Now, if you don't want to be touching this "steaming pile of s**t", why are you even reading the news, and even the comments about it? Give me a break.

Translation: If you have an opinion it shouldn't be different from mine, if anycase I'll reused the same witty banter that resolves nothing and just bait on.

Grow up, just because people can't like what you like for what it is doesn't mean you have to jump at them, I'M SO SORRY I DISLIKED YOUR FAVORITE ANIME Rolling Eyes
Please, come back when you have something interesting to respond
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:43 pm Reply with quote
ChocoBar wrote:
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:

Translation: A person doesn't like my favorite crappy anime so he must be wrong everyone should have liked Code Geass Rolling Eyes

No he's just generally thread shitting as are other people who have nothing to offer but "OMG I HAVEN'T SEEN IT BUT THIS SHOW IS SHIT!". What's the point of even posting multiple times if that's all you have to contribute to a thread? It could be any thread for any topic and I'd pretty much ask the same question.

Personally I don't get it at all and it gives other people only two choices, work around it like it's spam posting (which it almost is), or try to confront it and have your time wasted as well on off topic tangents. A lot of boards I've been to have banned people for less....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 7 of 12