• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Feature

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
molloaggie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Hey, I was wondering why yall don't have Robert's Anime Corner Store listed when they are one of your sponsers.

Oh, and wasn't Anime Nation one of your sponsers too?
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:10 pm Reply with quote
molloaggie wrote:
Hey, I was wondering why yall don't have Robert's Anime Corner Store listed when they are one of your sponsers.

Oh, and wasn't Anime Nation one of your sponsers too?

We're trying to get Corner Store in there as soon as possible, we really want all our sponsors to benefit from this.

Yes, AN was, and still is, one of our sponsors.
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:
Cookie wrote:
PSST: Tempest, do referral links submitted to the DB count towards the encyclopedia contributions? Smile

Oops, I missed that question.

Hmm, if they don't, I'll make sure they do. We track the submissions, so there's no problem to retoactively catch up with them as long as it's done before the end of the month.

-t

Nope, they don't. Also would be nice is an error link since I kinda already screwed up this title by giving the wrong B&N link (what can I say, they had the DVD price on the VHS link). Maybe and "edit" button so the person who makes the mistake can correct it on their own like with the rest of the Encyclopedia?

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Samurai CDZ

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Nope, they don't. Also would be nice is an error link since I kinda already screwed up this title by giving the wrong B&N link (what can I say, they had the DVD price on the VHS link). Maybe and "edit" button so the person who makes the mistake can correct it on their own like with the rest of the Encyclopedia?

Yeah, I miss the edit button. I put in a couple of Anime Castle links and they didn't seem to work. I swear they were the right links, but it is possible I messed up. I wanted to redo them but...
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:02 am Reply with quote
Samurai CDZ wrote:
Yeah, I miss the edit button. I put in a couple of Anime Castle links and they didn't seem to work. I swear they were the right links, but it is possible I messed up. I wanted to redo them but...

They didn't seem to work as in "the wrong title was entered"? In that case please report the error here so we can fix it as soon as possible. At least until I add an edit feature.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:10 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Also would be nice is an error link since I kinda already screwed up this title by giving the wrong B&N link (what can I say, they had the DVD price on the VHS link). Emerje

Ok, I fixed that (see VHS and DVD). But I can understand where the mistake came from; it's difficult to believe there's such a big difference between Rightstuf and B&N
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Samurai CDZ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:31 am Reply with quote
Well, I'm not so sure as it's wrong, since there is a reasonable price, but the link doesn't work. I remember two Anime Castle errors and here are the two I found.

Boogiepop Phantom DVD Boxset

Nadesico Complete Collection
Samurai CDZ

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:
Cookie wrote:
PSST: Tempest, do referral links submitted to the DB count towards the encyclopedia contributions? Smile

Oops, I missed that question.

Hmm, if they don't, I'll make sure they do. We track the submissions, so there's no problem to retoactively catch up with them as long as it's done before the end of the month.

-t

It's almost the end of the month.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 7:01 pm Reply with quote
One has to be careful with the price structure of some of these on-line shops. They may look cheap until you check out only to find that the shipping and handling charges are such that the total is the same as the more expensive one's. Therefore free delivery is a plus with the discounted price. Living in the UK I tend to get some of my R2 PAL anime from Amazon.co.uk, or just recently from a new service, http://www.choicesdirect.com//shop.asp
These are just distributors. We can buy direct from ADVision as they have an office in Wales. Another firm is also a licensed UK distributor of a few other US dubbing studios such as AnimEigo. Manga Ent. and a few from Geneon, formerly Pioneer. They are called MVM http://www.mvm-uk.co.uk/ They are the main UK suppliers of Amazon.co.uk, HMV, Streets/MVC,Virgin, and Choices. but their prices are the full regular retail price. We also have two US based firms that have offices here but all their stock is R1 NTSC, or mixed with R2 NTSC from Japan.
molloaggie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:01 pm Reply with quote
I was searching for a good price and noticed that wwwdvd.com is down. I get the impression it's shutting down. [/url]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3