• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gia's List: Anime's 7 Most Destructive Heroes

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Son-kun

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:45 am Reply with quote
I think Luffy & The Straw Hat crew from One Piece should get a mention as well. Between Luffy destroying a good foundation of Alubarna, the capital of Alabasta, in his fight against Crocodile to causing havoc (and property damage) in Enies Lobby. spoiler[Though I think Whitebeard, another major One Piece character, might top all that due to his Quake fruit abilities and the sheer fact he destroyed a good chunk of the Navy Headquarters]
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:53 am Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
A Special Honorable Mention should go to Super Sentai or the Godzilla Movies. The combined list pales to what those two properties have wrought.

Neither of which have anime to speak of.
Mugen26

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:25 am Reply with quote
When it came to most destructive hero, Coop from Megas XLR immediately came to mind...however it is not anime ><
lesterf1020
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:11 am Reply with quote
My favorite destructive hero is the super powered duo "Love Pheromone" from Akahori Gedou Hour Rabuge. Their motto is "Anything can be done in the name of justice!" They cause so much indiscriminate collateral damage every time they go out that everyone (the police, the criminals and the hostages) run for their lives whenever they make an appearance. They don't understand why it is not OK to level a city block to catch a panty thief and as a result of all the massive collateral damage the local population actually considers them super villains much to their annoyance. Many super villain groups envy their capacity for wonton destruction and apparently most of Japan's national debt comes from repairing all the damage.
ladybastet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:35 am Reply with quote
I removed the double post (I hope)

Last edited by ladybastet on Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
ladybastet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:36 am Reply with quote
I love the sprawling traditional Japanese style with the ponds and gardens but the Sohma's "big house" comes with Akito and that's a big downer. I would have preferred Ayame's house from Kaze no Stigma. Her dad is cool, I'd be a fire user and have all those ponds and gardens (and Kazuma). Wink

As for destructive, let's not forget the Phantomhive servants, a group that makes living in their mansion no so good an idea.
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:53 am Reply with quote
I find it hard to agree with Vash being there. Sure, by reputation alone (within the series), he'd most likely deserve it. But most destruction around him was either that he was being controlled or escaping from the people who caused most destruction.
Splitter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:26 pm Reply with quote
I clicked on this article expecting Vash to be #1. I was not disappointed Very Happy

I'd totally live in Nagi's mansion. From what I've read, it's awesome for anyone who stays there as long as their name isn't Hayate Ayasaki.
Tris8

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:59 pm Reply with quote
For mansions, I'd pick Himekawa's residence from Beelzebub. He has an entire couple-dozen-story building with a helicopter pad at the top, and an entire floor devoted to gaming.

As for the list, another great one Gia! I clicked on it knowing I would see Lina and Vash in the top 2 spots, but wondered who would be in which spot.

Can't believe I almost forgot about Maris from Maris the Chojo. Extremely destructive.

Last edited by Tris8 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sentire

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:22 pm Reply with quote
I think Aisha Clanclan from Outlaw Star would be up there in the destructive category, intentional or not! She is funny, but a bit of a catastrophe.

As for my mansion of choice... I'm not sure if this fits the criteria, but I think it would be a real hoot to live in Howl's Moving Castle. Surreal and magical, changing as needed, mobile and yet still homey. How can you go wrong?
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:09 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
Sunday Silence wrote:
A Special Honorable Mention should go to Super Sentai or the Godzilla Movies. The combined list pales to what those two properties have wrought.

Neither of which have anime to speak of.

Godzilla has one.
Clyde_Cash

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:43 pm Reply with quote
ParaChomp wrote:
No mention of anyone from Dragon Ball Z?

At least put Goku on the list!
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:44 am Reply with quote
Quote:
If you had the opportunity to live in a rich anime kid's mansion, which would you pick?

Other: Taro Hanaukyo (Hanaukyo Maid-tai). h_h

Also, IMHO the Dirty Pair should be number one on the list, as they are the most destructive—see the conclusion of Project Eden: spoiler[They cause an entire planet to be overrun with hostile monsters, and at the same time destroy the source of the material necessary for faster-than-light travel, upon which humanity depends.]
ReAnimate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:53 am Reply with quote
Didn't Yusuke level a stadium in Yuyu Hakusho?
I'm having a hard time remembering .__.;;
Wyatt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:14 am Reply with quote
Uhm, and Ideon is where? Tetsuo, Chise from Saikano, Getter anything, Kazuma from sCRYed, GaoGaiGar, Gunbuster, Diebuster, Bokurano....

Sure, the people on this list cause local devastation (and one planet full of bugs, as a corner case), but small fish in a big pond. There's plenty of demolition to go around.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3