• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kara no Kyoukai: Mirai Fukuin Epilogue Gets Anime Film

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:44 pm Reply with quote
I really hope they'll make another BD release of the whole series. I missed the chance to buy it previously, and I really want to own the complete set on BD instead of just HDD.
I also hope it won't cost me an arm and a leg. Just one limb should be enough to satisfy them, right? Sad
Splitter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:55 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure it's ufotable again, which is great as they are the best at the Type-Moon adaptations bar none... hopefully, they'll do something original again soon though. I'd hate to see them fall into the same rut KyoAni did with just taking safe projects.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:00 pm Reply with quote
So...this series has two epilogues now? I hope it makes more sense than the last epilogue. Confused

Well, more Garden of Sinners is most certainly awesome news.

Last edited by Kruszer on Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Finally we can see Mikiya and Shiki`s kid animated
DRWii

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Splitter wrote:
hopefully, they'll do something original again soon though.

Well, it looks like they've only ever done two original projects ("Coyote Ragtime Show" and "Manabi Straight!"), so I wouldn't hold my breath.
Kruszer wrote:
So...this series has two epilogues now?

The one included in the BD set is based on the original epilogue in the novels; the epilogue that was just announced is based on a separate one Kinoko Nasu wrote while the movies were coming out.

Last edited by DRWii on Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
duomaxwelldoesddr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:22 pm Reply with quote
I'm kinda curious how they plan on doing an animated equivalent of slashing the book's pages. They'll have to be creative for that for sure.

I'm just happy that april fool's joke from the KnK movie site from so long ago is finally real.
PlatinumHawke

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:05 pm Reply with quote
青白 wrote:
But wouldn't this be somewhat in conflict with the epilogue that was previously animated?

The first epilogue was retconned a while back by one of the Character Materials a while back, so there's no conflict.
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:34 pm Reply with quote
青白 wrote:
Totally looking forward to this. But wouldn't this be somewhat in conflict with the epilogue that was previously animated? In that epilogue I think Shiki randomly disappeared.

No, Shiki did not disappear. Instead what happens in that epilogue is that spoiler[we meet the 3rd personality of Shiki, who actually was the personality that was active when they first met, and then they have a deep and meaningful discussion.]

Last edited by ScruffyKiwi on Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
venomblade89

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Yes! I need more of this masterpiece!
Chrno2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Whoa, another film? Sweet!! I can't wait until the boxset for the first 7 films comes out. Looking forward to seeing this.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The one included in the BD set is based on the original epilogue in the novels; the epilogue that was just announced is based on a separate one Kinoko Nasu wrote while the movies were coming out.

Okay, thanks. Should be interesting.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:58 am Reply with quote
The only downside to this is that Aniplex charges Japanese prices in the US region. 100+ dollars for this episode alone is very likely. They make enough money with the few sales they've made on Madoka and Fate/Zero I'm sure but I wish they'd respect the fans a little bit more and give us prices that more people can actually afford. Shouldn't be more than 25 dollars for every 190 minutes.

I do agree with an earlier comment about ufotable starting some different projects soon. I'd really like to see some things from other universes in their art style.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:11 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
The only downside to this is that Aniplex charges Japanese prices in the US region. 100+ dollars for this episode alone is very likely. They make enough money with the few sales they've made on Madoka and Fate/Zero I'm sure but I wish they'd respect the fans a little bit more and give us prices that more people can actually afford. Shouldn't be more than 25 dollars for every 190 minutes.

If they see decent sales come in for series they price at Japanese levels, I'm afraid they'll only continue using it. If everything had bombed here, then they'd adjust accordingly.
GCFSA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:43 am Reply with quote
青白 wrote:
Totally looking forward to this. But wouldn't this be somewhat in conflict with the epilogue that was previously animated? In that epilogue I think Shiki randomly disappeared.

Nope, spoiler[that's because in the Epilogue, the Shiki there was the 'third' personality.

you can google it as I srsly cant remember all of the details sry =(]

Last edited by GCFSA on Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:50 am; edited 1 time in total
GCFSA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:48 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Quote:

Okay, thanks. Should be interesting.

I must say that isnt exactly how it was.

Mirai fukuin is a sequel to the original novels. The epilogue in the anime was ALSO in the novels. However, the blu-ray disk's epilogue was only a small part of the novel (if i remember correctly, the last part of the last book [not mirai fukuin]). This new movie is Mirai fukuin itself.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3