• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cowboy Bebop BD Box to Include Novel, Ein Picture Drama

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deacon Blues

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Keep in mind that English subtitles (and even a dub) can appear on the Blu-Ray discs if they so want. The Japanese side does own the rights to these after all (they slapped subtitles and a dub I believe on the GITs: SAC release).
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:58 pm Reply with quote
True, but they've stated they have no plans for it(not sure how long they have to change that before a delay would be needed). It's strange that they aren't, though, considering the reputation of the English dub.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:47 am Reply with quote
Escaflowne was a highly popular anime over here, by Bandai's own admission. Yet that BD have no subs, let alone the dub. Let's say they did add just the subtitles back in and it only sold 100 BD boxes in America, well there's over $40,000 for basically no work.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:55 am Reply with quote
Escaflowne is different because some episodes had extra scenes since they were cut from the R1 release, which completely throws the timing off for any already made materials (BE's dub and subs).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:08 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Escaflowne is different because some episodes had extra scenes since they were cut from the R1 release, which completely throws the timing off for any already made materials (BE's dub and subs).

I wasn't aware of missing scenes. I wonder if the Japanese BD's have them in it. I already downloaded the Japanese BD rips so I hope they have the missing scenes in there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6