• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Last Hellsing Ultimate Volume's Promo Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
The American Average wrote:
hey look look last volume! look Funi look, did you know we're still on volume 4

Right. I'm really hoping that the reason Funimation hasn't done anything with the later volumes is that they were waiting for it to finish so they could get the voice actors back one time and not have to keep tracking them down. I've been holding off on reading the manga because I want to see these OVA's first, so it has been rather frustrating that there has been no real word from Funimation on this.

I read a few months back that they stated at one of their panels that episode 5 and HOPEFULLY 6 will be out before the end of the year.

Then again, you know how FUNi is with pushing stuff back lately... Rolling Eyes
GhostShell

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:11 pm Reply with quote
I picked up the Geneon Limited Edition release of the first four Ultimate volumes a few years ago, but I still haven't even removed the plastic wrap from around them. Was going to watch them at the time I bought them, then found out that more volumes were being produced, so decided to wait for the remaining volumes before doing so. I'm glad that Funi will be putting this out on Blu-ray and so I'll be double-dipping to pick up the first set. Technically, though, I guess it will be triple-dipping since the first set is a BD/DVD combo pack. In any case, I'm really happy that things are on the move again, and forward, no less.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:04 pm Reply with quote
eurotrip1986 wrote:
egoist wrote:
6 years. Not sure if torture or pleasure.

Pleasure clearly. Every episode was epic, and pretty much better than 90% of most anime that came out in that time period lol. So sad that something as great as Hellsing ultimate is ending, but great things end, hopefully with a major bang though.

Has anyone watched Hellsing the Dawn?

So true, Hellsing Ultimate is so damned good.

Yeah, the first Hellsing the Dawn was neat with young Walter on the plane, just realized the second one finally got subbed since it never showed up back when I was looking for it.

Man I can't wait to see the rest dubbed with that awesome cast.
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:59 am Reply with quote
I wonder if it's even possible that Toonami would run the series in 10 weeks I-X if Funimation did a Deadman Wonderland-type edit of the dub. Maybe not, but a man can dream...
maxxjulie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:07 am Reply with quote
worst release schedule in the history of anime. took a really great series and ruined it by being so damn slow about making it. 10 episodes takes 7 years? really? how lazy can you fuckin be? i got sick and tired of rewatching all the previous episodes over and over and over again when a new one came out. i just gave up and decided to wait til it was finished. that was like 4 years ago. pretty sad how slow they are.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:43 am Reply with quote
Please, 7 years is middle ground compared to some OVA releases. Giant Robo took almost that long, and it's 3 episodes less in length.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:56 am Reply with quote
Now this is how to make a badass anime! Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2