Forum - View topic
NEWS: Palladium in Trouble




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BlaqNumbr9



Joined: 28 Mar 2005
Posts: 155
Location: Bowing before the Master...
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:55 am Reply with quote
It didn't work for Iron Cat studios, I don't think it'll work here. We'll see.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Raja



Joined: 30 Jul 2003
Posts: 68
Location: Tottori
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:03 pm Reply with quote
I had a couple of the Palladium ROBOTECH books, given to me by a friend who became frustrated by the overly-complex character creation mechanics. I no longer remember why, but I ended up feeling the same way. We played it one night, and then went back to AD&D.

By the way, weren't these the books that had the illustrations showing that the Veritech/Valkyrie cockpit was contained entirely in the head in Battloid mode? I seem to recall the picture of the pilot seated with hands on the controls, staring out the "window" eye area...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Iria51



Joined: 05 Aug 2004
Posts: 138
Location: San Antonio, Tx
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:36 pm Reply with quote
That's a shame really. I used to play Robotech when the RPG just came out and then later went to Rifts. Some of the most fun games I ever ran were from Robotech. I had no idea that Palladium was in such dire straits though. I imagine that they were not able to attract enough new players to their system after the first generation of players stopped playing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Joseph Kerr



Joined: 21 Apr 2006
Posts: 1
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Iria51 wrote:
I imagine that they were not able to attract enough new players to their system after the first generation of players stopped playing.


From what i gathered, they're doing good with the players, it's been the bad buisness descisions such as the N-Gage and the embezzlement that's truthfully hurt them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LordRobin



Joined: 25 Feb 2003
Posts: 354
Location: Akron, OH
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:42 am Reply with quote
Joseph Kerr wrote:
From what i gathered, they're doing good with the players, it's been the bad buisness descisions such as the N-Gage and the embezzlement that's truthfully hurt them.


What on Earth were they thinking, betting the company on the N-Gage? That console had "failure" written all over it from the moment it was announced.

------RM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Iria51



Joined: 05 Aug 2004
Posts: 138
Location: San Antonio, Tx
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:42 am Reply with quote
Joseph Kerr wrote:
Iria51 wrote:
I imagine that they were not able to attract enough new players to their system after the first generation of players stopped playing.


From what i gathered, they're doing good with the players, it's been the bad buisness descisions such as the N-Gage and the embezzlement that's truthfully hurt them.


I had no idea that they were even involved with that failed company. The N-Guage isn't even what Palladium is about, I wonder why they even associated themselves with a product, that seemed to me, to be an obvious failure from the get go?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dargonxtc



Joined: 13 Apr 2006
Posts: 4463
Location: Nc5xd7+ スターダストの海洋
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:16 am Reply with quote
LordRobin wrote:
Joseph Kerr wrote:
From what i gathered, they're doing good with the players, it's been the bad buisness descisions such as the N-Gage and the embezzlement that's truthfully hurt them.


What on Earth were they thinking, betting the company on the N-Gage? That console had "failure" written all over it from the moment it was announced.

------RM


Yes, company's take risks sometimes to venture into new markets. This risk was so great that failure meant the demise of the company. Not a good idea if you ask me. So I agree with you.

Only question I have is how much percentage wise, was due to embezzlement, and how much was due trying to break into this new and now failed market.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dyuken



Joined: 24 Apr 2006
Posts: 12
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:48 am Reply with quote
I have worked for Palladium for quite sometime. The company has gone through the typical growth cycle of any company. In other words it has seen its ups and downs. But Palladium is NOT a company full of idiots. I happen to know first hand the "promises" that Nokia has made Palladium and FAILED to deliver.

I also know that certain other HIGH PROFILE entertainment companies have made promises to Palladium that they are CURRENTLY not coming through on.

Kevin has done nothing no other CEO of a company wouldn't do. He had some opportunies that were presented to him as great, and didn't pan out.

I continue to support him and will do whatever I can to help him throught his.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
dyuken



Joined: 24 Apr 2006
Posts: 12
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:04 pm Reply with quote
I was just looking through come old posts and saw this an LAUGHED.
Palladium Books is doing better than ever. Im glad to say. So these concerns can be handily put to bed. LOL.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Zac
Subscriber
ANN Executive Editor


Joined: 05 Jan 2002
Posts: 7912
Location: Anime News Network Technodrome
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:06 pm Reply with quote
dyuken wrote:
I was just looking through come old posts and saw this an LAUGHED.
Palladium Books is doing better than ever. Im glad to say. So these concerns can be handily put to bed. LOL.


You bumped a 6-year old news item just to post this? Way to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime
Display posts from previous:   
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group