• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Say, "I Love You" (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:39 pm Reply with quote
not feeling much remorse for Megumi the net pushing her over the edge simply doesn't fit the mold.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:11 pm Reply with quote
ep.11

spoiler[well look like megumi really hit crash & burn meltdown give kai asking megumi ruin mei's life then trying to steal mei's female pals then got busted, other students left her cause her model, etc to point reading text message they don't like megumi.

all that combine rough past from being bullied to trying makeover to being model all pressure cue megumi has fallen down.

while mei & yamato goes the Land place for date all good til here yamato's sister & brother well still all fine til a call yamato got megumi is not well.

]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Well, I don't feel sorry for Megumi at all tbh. spoiler[I'm glad Mei and Yamato had fun on their date even though it wasn't perfect thanks to the addition of Nagi.]

I feel somewhat sorry for Megumi's spoiler[past but that's the past]. It's time for her to move on. It looks like this episode ends in a cliffhanger so wondering what will happen next. I will assume that Megumi is still plotting something.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gatherum

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Perhaps Megumi is meant to represent a foil to Mei. Ironically enough, spoiler[the position she is finding herself in is not unlike the one Mei was in when this all began. The difference is that one started with nothing, then obtained everything, whereas the other obtained everything a long time ago, and now has close to nothing.]
Galap

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:57 am Reply with quote
Lol, the spoiler["Do I smell bad?" was totally him fishing to try to take a bath with her, and she completely didn't get it at all.].

Not that I'm any better. There have been plenty of times where something like that has happened and I only realized what was going on later. Man that brings back some kick-yourself memories.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:16 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

Ami Kawashima, Ume Kurumizawa, and now Megumi Kitagawa. There is just something about that this character type I find really appealing, I guess I find the idea that they have to hide who they are and their attempts of friendship are so destructive quite sad. Because they are wearing a mask they are actually very lonely and I find that their actual sweet spot of their heart is something so fragile and precious. It is not that they are heartless, but they do have a soft centre, with a hard shell around that, and some sort of supericial coating around that; probably something like a marshmellow, I don't like marshmellows. Anyway it is probably why I like Shinka Nibutani.

I still suport Mei for the love, I found the entire date thing adorable, and it is nice to see that she is getting the pleasure of being close to Nagi. It was all cute and I like that they can actually act like a couple. Although I was still very interested at looking at the Megumi plot.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Sorry, but Megumi gets no sympathy from me. So people called her ugly and her mom works all the time. Newsbreak: that's life. And that doesn't mean you get to be a bitch to anyone who seems to be hoggling more attention than you are.

Of course I'm not saying that the internet bullying she received is justified, but as a public figure/idol, you can't hope everyone to like you. Look at Justin Bieber, the internet is full of jokes wishing for his death and he's not suicidal -and I don't like him either. But hey, you reap what you sow, she was hypocritical and manipulative and people saw through it, how can she expect them to keep liking her?

Overall, I liked the episode because I detest Megumi's type of character, so I'm glad her plans turned on her; and Yamato's and Mei's date spoiler[+ Nagi] was insanely sweet and adorable
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12
Well, this episode was bittersweet imo. It's about time spoiler[Megumi pulled it back together.] Anyways, not much drama except in the first half. The second half was just a relaxing watch with the spoiler[fireworks and yukata. Yes, Mei looked cute in that and so did most of the others.]

Damn, I want to go to one of thosespoiler[ Japan festivals] someday. Anyways, nice episode. I wonder how they're going to wrap the series up cause that ending looked like a "spoiler[say I love you" ending as in happy end.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12

spoiler[Yamato dumped Nagi on Mei to check up on Megu.
Megumi having a crisis..
That girl has some issues to deal with.
Everything she's done up to now has come back to bite her on the ass.
Looks like that was enough to wake her up and take control of her life.
The summer festival part was nice.
The Mei in yukata and Yamato's reaction were totally cute.]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Good for Megumi. I thought she was going to end up paired with Kai but she doesn't seem to like him.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm so this didn't take the typical there is drama in the 2nd to last episode and it get magically fixed in the last episode approach? I was surprised to find out that ep 12 wasn't the last episode, as a problem arised in the end of ep 11 and it was fixed in this episode, so I just assumed it was the finale. I wonder what ep 13 will be about.
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:04 am Reply with quote
yay! spoiler[Yamato again abandons Mei to go to the rescue of Megumi. he really is dense however god his intentions.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:45 am Reply with quote
Episode 12

I don't think he really abandoned Mei, he has said repeatedly that he cares most about his girlfriend, but he was still worried about Megumi.

Megumi did choose to start being more true to herself and choosing her true friends over trying to be popular/most liked. Her reconsciliation with her friend Momo was sweet. I do think there is a chance between her and Kai, the sort of "bleh" thing totally reached the love hate thing in my head makeing me ship them harder.

Personally I don't think Mei had to wear the Yukata, I knew when Mei would end up like it is some big deal. But I am not a fan of her not dressing up like that is treated as something wrong.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:16 am Reply with quote
ep.12

spoiler[yamato tell mei keep on his sister to check on megumi cause she nearing crash & burn meltdown give female checking on megumi & yamato give wake up saying yet megumi there those who don't care about me.

but female person does care for megumi since know each from their kids years & after some realize open the door yet megumi seen the light now realize just be yourself & megumi did that while give sorry to asami & get hair makeover.

with kai see the new pic of megumi all better & now festival time all well give mei went without a yukata but mei's mom give her yukata with run all back in get yamato & cue the kiss.

alll better now with with megumi texting to her mom, yamato's sister going to school, & whole gang all together (only 1ep left).
]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:32 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Personally I don't think Mei had to wear the Yukata, I knew when Mei would end up like it is some big deal. But I am not a fan of her not dressing up like that is treated as something wrong.

I agree with this, but also remember that a huge portion of this show is all about Mei coming out of her shell. I wish we had more moments like when they went bowling and blew everyone away with such unexpected aggression. What we are getting far too much of is coaxing a trembling bunny out from under the bed with a celery stick.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 10 of 12