• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Media to release Mitsuru Adachi's Cross Game Manga in October

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cosplaybunny

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:07 pm Reply with quote
I only hope this does well enough to bring out more of his works! Man this is an awesome week for licenses.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:38 pm Reply with quote
I don't know whether I am going to die from shock or happiness. Best anime/manga licensing news I have heard in awhile.
MarchingTwinkie3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Treetastic wrote:

Touch has been released in French, as have many of his other series, if that helps. (Personally, my French is a lot better than my Japanese...)

This is pretty exciting news! Here's hoping for a re-/total/unflipped release of Short Program.

Yeah, everything if seen has said that it's been published in French, Spanish, and Italian, and while I don't speak any of the three my reading comprehension is at least passible. Especially when compared to my non-existant Japanese knowledge. I hate having to rely on scanlations, but I'm having trouble finding anything but Japanese or Chinese editions.

Edit: NVM, just found it. Now to see how much it will cost to get it to me...
Otaku_X

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:16 pm Reply with quote
When I read the headline i thought it sayd "Cross Days" for a second. I was briefly both excited and confused.
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
This increases the odds that the wonderful anime version might eventually get licensed, although I still think that's a longshot.

My thoughts exactly. I might have to pick up the manga just to try and do my part in improving the odds of the anime getting licensed.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AnnoyedWabbit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:20 pm Reply with quote
RestlessOne wrote:
And maybe...just maybe...Rookies might see a NA release someday in the future? I wont get my hopes up, but at least this is a step in the right direction.

If Rookies ever gets licensed, I will probably scream with joy. But like you, I won't be getting my hopes up. *sigh*
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Well, this is neat news! Ever since I learned that my biggest complaint with the first episode of Cross Game (that it felt like an entire volume shoehorned into a single episode) was because, well, it was an entire volume shoehorned into a single episode, I've wanted to see if I liked the manga better than the anime. And yes, I know the manga's available online, shall I repeat again how much I hate reading stuff online? Wink
Sailor S

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:28 pm Reply with quote
This is great news to me. I don't harbor much hope that the anime will ever see a release here in the US, since sports anime pretty much always flops, but at least I can own the manga. This makes me a happy camper for sure.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Fantastic news!!

Though I'm watching the anime, I'm still going to be buying the manga. Not only with the hope of the anime getting licensed, but also with the possibility of more Mitsuru Adachi manga/anime being brought over.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Wooga

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:28 pm Reply with quote
YES!!! The one manga artist I wanted in English, is now going to be in english.* I have no complaints. I already had almost all of Touch in Japanese Razz

Well, I want to see the rest of Patlabor. But besides that...

Last edited by Wooga on Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
nechronius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:08 am Reply with quote
Yup. I'm in for a set. If only they can keep a rapid release rate. I'd rather not wait a whole year for something that's complete elsewhere.
niiica

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:25 am Reply with quote
This is one of the things that made my day. Smile
Cross Game is a really good manga. At least I get to buy it in English and not just Japanese. Anime hyper
HatsumiShinogu

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:19 am Reply with quote
I am glad VIZ Media decided to acquire this one. I haven't seen the anime yet as I am waiting for it to end so I can watch the whole thing at once. It would be awesome if some company licensed the anime adaptation too. Too bad sports anime don't sell well in the U.S. Sad I am actually surprised that no company made the effort to bring Touch in given how popular and loved it is. Maybe the fact that it is a very long series in addition to the fact that it is a sports anime, make them hesitate.

Anyway, I hope the Cross Game manga do well in order to facilitate the way for other Adachi-sensei's series to reach the U.S.
Watttt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:44 am Reply with quote
Oh boy, this is good news!
I thought it would never happen Very Happy
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:22 am Reply with quote
Damn you Viz Media! Another $10 every couple of monthes you take from me... And now I need to make room in my shelves for a new series.

But very great news. Hope this means we have a chance at the anime within the next couple of years.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3