• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Media to release Mitsuru Adachi's Cross Game Manga in October

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nechronius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:42 am Reply with quote
Every couple of months? I was hoping for an accelerated release schedule, seeing as how the entire series has been completed.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:56 am Reply with quote
Great news for Adachi fans, but personally think the greatest sports manga of all time is Eyeshield 21. Never a dull moment and first chapter one till the last chapter filled with excitement.
dizzcity

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:09 pm Reply with quote
I'm so incredibly excited about this news, I've cross-posted it in all my social circles already to raise awareness.

Adachi-sensei has been my favourite mangaka ever since I first encountered his works being scanlated, nearly 5 years ago. I've been waiting for this day all throughout my life as a penniless college student until now when I've become a working adult, with the actual income to buy every one of his works being published. Now I have something worthwhile to splurge on and collect. Smile Great timing!

Can't wait to hold actual, licensed English copies of Adachi's works in my hands. (If only Viz would also reprint the earlier Short Programs... but those are almost impossible to find anymore).
MarchingTwinkie3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:02 pm Reply with quote
dizzcity wrote:

Can't wait to hold actual, licensed English copies of Adachi's works in my hands. (If only Viz would also reprint the earlier Short Programs... but those are almost impossible to find anymore).

If you care, there are a couple of used copies of the first one up on eBay in the $10-$15 range.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Great news for Adachi fans, but personally think the greatest sports manga of all time is Eyeshield 21. Never a dull moment and first chapter one till the last chapter filled with excitement.

I agree totally.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:35 am Reply with quote
Great manga, I'm reading the Italian version.

Don't miss it! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
nihon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:13 am Reply with quote
This news makes me very happy. I suggest people go to the Viz site and send them a thank you message. I've been sending them notes every couple months asking for them to bring an Adachi series over. Looks like they finally paid attention (though I suspect I wasn't the only person asking).

They could release a couple of his shorter series (Slow Step, Itsumo Misora, Jinbē) if they were worried about going in for a long series. Here's a list of his works with the length of each:

Slow Step (7 volumes)
Itsumo Misora (5 volumes)
Rough (12 volumes)
Cross Game (17 volumes)
Touch (26 volumes)
Bōken Shōnen (1 volume, short stories)
H2 (34 volumes)
Hiatari Ryōkō! (5 volumes)
Jinbē (1 volume)
Katsu! (16 volumes)
Miyuki (12 volumes)
Niji Iro Tōgarashi (11 volumes)
Nine (5 volumes)
Short Program (currently 4 volumes)
Q and A (currently 1 volume)

So, plenty of titles to choose from. I even think they would catch they eye on the shelf since his style is quite different from anything out right now in North America. This might work in their favor.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3