• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast - JAPANNCast Bonus Episode

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dizzon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:44 pm Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:
Tokyo's meth problem is no worse than any first-world big city's...

Well, not to get picky but in the US alone meth use from city to city varies quite widely. Some cities on the West Coast, especially in the Pacific Northwest can and do have meth use rates two and even three times larger than cities in the Northeast or Southeast.

That's why I was surprised to hear of the meth problem(?) in Tokyo because I wondered if it was comparable to New York, which is not that bad considering its size, or Portland, which is not only smaller but has a much worse problem. Depending on the city its either an average(compared to other drugs) big city drug problem or THE biggest drug problem. By your response I'll assume Tokyo's meth use is more in line with the former, average compared to other drugs.
unready

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Alright, I added a direct-download link to the article for people who don't use iTunes.

Add me the the gang of cavemen thanking you for the direct link.

Setting the Apple philosophy aside, iTunes is only available for Windows and OSX, so they apparently don't want me as a customer, anyway.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Would it be appropriate for me to imagine Gamers as being similar to how it is portrayed in Di Gi Charat, only minus the central characters?

I suppose it is disheartening to hear that Akihabara is not the paradise one hopes it to be, but that said, many people are prone to longing for grass on the other side. (I'm sure many would like to see the historic views I walk past on a daily basis, but I'm always wondering how things must be better in other cities.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:05 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering what happened to Basquash. And if it wasn't for itunes and me randomly clicking update once a week, would never have know there was a podcast out.

Also Justin: Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu. That's probably what you saw. Funi has a bunch of subbed episodes on youtube now with only the last episode to go I believe. 13 episodes. It's a pretty fun series and apparently it has a second season coming. Good male cast, acting and overall weird and entertaining.

And Zac: Did you bring me back a Megaman Energy drink!?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2