• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Voice Actor Takeshi Aono Hospitalized After Stroke

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Oh geez, I hope that he gets well. Now there's a veteran VA if you ever saw one.
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
KanjiiZ wrote:
You know, I've never understood how Japan can just recast people in anime like nothing. I imagine voice acting work in Japan is like American football where you do whatever you can so you don't lose your position and get replaced.

Uh what? They have the same VA voicing characters 40 years later. It gets kind of bad when you have people in their late 60's early 70's voicing characters in their early 20's.

Imagine if Adam West was in the role of Batman for the Dark Knight.

They seem to identify the character & the voice just as we do for actors in fromt of the camera-say they decided to re-cast Jack Sparrow. Maybe it would work. Maybe not. We've seen the interchangeable actors before. It happens sometimes on the part of the company & sometimes it's the actor bowing out.

So something like this, it's more like our soap operas where the show does go on with a replacement, but the belief/hope is the original will be able to return.

There are VA changes. We saw FMA:Brotherhood replace several VA's. Saint Seiya: Hades replaced the leads from the 80's series. Sometimes the voice drama line-up gets replaced. There are reasons, but it's glaring when it seems out of nowhere. This is from somewhere, so it makes sense.
WatchforMoons7

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:11 pm Reply with quote
The Doraemon cast was changed too...apparently because of the aging crew? Or that's what I think the reason is.
(Ooyama/doraemon personally...doesn't seem to anything wrong with her)

Still no news. Maybe he's getting better Surprised
Sariachan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:25 am Reply with quote
I hope he gets better. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2